Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
Are we exacerbating the problem with Mexico by letting in immigrants into the United States?  Or are we helping them by taking in their poor and allow them to send money back to their own country?

If immigrants stayed would they have an incentive to improve their country?  Reduce corruption?  Make work at making a better life for their families there?

Or because its easy to come to the United States for opportunities that their own country doesn't provide, we just perpetuate the problems in their native country?

FYI, I'm Hispanic and love Mexicans.
Jepeto87
+38|6695|Dublin
I think it helps Mexico, you could argue that a nation loses some of its talented youth but if you look at the amount of Irish that went abroad and sent money home they pretty much keep the country afloat till it could stand on its own feet!
jonsimon
+224|6505
If there is a demand for immigration, it will only cause trouble to restrict supply.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Its Mexico's fault for sucking so much. It always was. More people with jobs stimulates economy. Now when immigrants come here, Mexico loses economic opportunity. It ends up being every man for himself, with the immigrant here sending money back to his family, and his family alone.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Mexico is rich in gold, silver and oil, what exactly is their problem?

I think it is bad for their culture to lose so many people and have such a bad system.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
The irony of our situation with Mexico is that they face the same illegal immigration there with Guatemalans that we do with Mexicans.
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

Turquoise wrote:

The irony of our situation with Mexico is that they face the same illegal immigration there with Guatemalans that we do with Mexicans.
The irony continues that the Mexicans mercilessly patrol their southern border, and send back anyone they find from Guatemalla.  If the US tries to adopt the same standards for our southern border that Mexico use on THEIR southern border, they will raise an unholy racket.  In fact, they already have.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The irony continues that the Mexicans mercilessly patrol their southern border, and send back anyone they find from Guatemalla.  If the US tries to adopt the same standards for our southern border that Mexico use on THEIR southern border, they will raise an unholy racket.  In fact, they already have.
That's why I say, "Fuck the protesters."

More conservatives and moderate liberals need to rub that in the faces of the activists.  They can bitch and moan, but in the end, we'll just be doing what Mexico does itself.

If we can get the hell out of Iraq, we'll have the troops to spare for the border.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6289

Turquoise wrote:

That's why I say, "Fuck the protesters."

More conservatives and moderate liberals need to rub that in the faces of the activists.  They can bitch and moan, but in the end, we'll just be doing what Mexico does itself.

If we can get the hell out of Iraq, we'll have the troops to spare for the border.
One small problem with the the idea Turq. The pro-immigrant protesters aren't just saying "throw open the borders". It's not a single-issue situation. It doesn't just involve US immigration policy, it also involves trade policy, the policies of the Mexican government and the US government's complicity in supporting the Mexican wealthy class as they line their pockets at the expense of the Mexican people. Mexico's aggressive policing of their southern border is just one more symptom of what's wrong there, not an example we should be trying to follow.

I guess that's one of the things that pisses me off about this issue. Our government spends a lot of time shitting across the border, wrecking their domestic industries and agriculture with "free trade" deals that only benefit our nation and the wealthy class of Mexico and people here just blow the whole thing off with "Stay there and fix your own country". Which is a lot like going into your neighbor's house and taking a dump on the couch, then telling him to fix it himself since it's in his house and not yours.

So many people view this as if it's an adversarial relationship between the US and the Mexican governments. It's not. Both sides benefit from the situation as it is, neither have an interest in changing it and neither of them care about the consequences for those beneath them. We get the big public pronouncements from people like Tom Tancredo who talk tough about border security while their political party heads cut more deals that screw us and the Mexican people, out of the public eye of course.

Personally, I say "fuck the moderate liberals". Their wussy "let's go along to get along" shite is part of what got us into the sorry state we're in now. They need to quit being the whipping boys/30-yard targets for the right wing and remember that this isn't a one-party system.
RAVAGE
+4|6184|México City, México.
I would like to see a integral reform.. instead of the same old "worries" about Mexicans machiavelically over taking the south western US.

Won´t happend as both goverment wont take their head out of their asses, and definitelly will miss the oportunities of the Nafta and regional integration. Which by the way as i mention before (several times) regional integration is the way of the future.. look at Europe, look at Asia.

I cant understand why is so hard for you to evolve on your "debate & serius" talk.. I mean a little research about the topic wont hurt, allowing you guys to avoid posting basically the same spech like 1000000 times the same month.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

RAVAGE wrote:

look at Europe, look at Asia.
Do we have to?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6289

RAVAGE wrote:

I cant understand why is so hard for you to evolve on your "debate & serius" talk.. I mean a little research about the topic wont hurt, allowing you guys to avoid posting basically the same spech like 1000000 times the same month.
But Ravage, if people actually did research, what would the "GRRAAGH RECONQUISTA BROWN HORDES SPREADING DISEASE AND CRIME!!!11!" crowd do with all that spare time? Isn't it better to have them here wasting their time instead of out there in the real world doing who knows what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard