KingofPop4ever
+4|6113
Im kinda stuck between the m95 and the l96a1.  According to the comparison chart, the reason why the l96 is better because it doesnt require you to lead your shot right? So you can put your crosshair on the target and shoot and it will hit whereas the m95 you kinda have to place your crosshair infront of the target right? I find myself using the m95 more. 

And also you CANT keep your scoped zoomed after shooting right? You have to reload your shot every time.

http://bf2s.com/player/106786723/ The majority of my kills are sniper and I just wanna make sure that what Im saying is correct. 

BTW thx jamesy for unlocking the sniper rifle for me

Last edited by KingofPop4ever (2007-08-04 19:52:37)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

To keep the scope zoomed in (and to be positive you hit your target by seeing the X appear), just hold the left-click down when you fire. I hold mine down for a few milliseconds and watch for the X so I know how to line up my next shot, but I don't spend forever waiting because I need to get my next shot in soon.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

ive never noticed any need to lead with the m95, i generally use the l96 on IO and the m95 on vehicals just because i might get lucky and take out a pilot. the l96 has an easier scope to aim so its clearly better on infantry. unfortunately after every shot you must move the rifle to cock it, as it is difficult to pull the bolt when it is near your head.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
You're welcome.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6405|Earth
It looks like you play a lot of Karkand. There, the M95 is the only rifle you will ever need, IO or Vehicles. Anywhere else I'd go for the L96A1. In extreme CQC situations like alleys and corners like Karkand has, the accuracy differences between the two rifles is the least of your worries. The M95 has the added effect of armor piercing rounds.
Signature
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

KingofPop4ever wrote:

According to the comparison chart, the reason why the l96 is better because it doesnt require you to lead your shot right?
Nope. It doesn't say anything in the chart about leading a target; lead is a function of bullet velocity and both these rifles (all rifles in the game in fact, including the ARs and carbines, handguns too) have the same bullet velocity. This excludes lag and ping effects though; on a server with a ping of 25 you need less lead than on a server where your ping is 125.

The L96A1 isn't a better gun... it might be a better choice for reasons such as this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1646451 but both guns have their strengths and weaknesses.

KingofPop4ever wrote:

And also you CANT keep your scoped zoomed after shooting right? You have to reload your shot every time.
Except for what mtb0minime mentions you have to unscope after each shot, yes.

But that's just with the bolt-action rifles, with the semi-autos you stay scoped until your magazine is exhausted if you want to. That's why in the videos (like my vids SVD with an Arabic accent & SVD with a Russian accent or Type 88, Wake) you'll see multi-shot kills without unscoping.

BTW it's early days yet but a lot of players are going to suggest you play more maps, it'll make you a lot more versatile and better at the game overall.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6222|Finland
Hahaa i have better sniper skillz 74950085 , joking!

Todd_Angelo wrote:

BTW it's early days yet but a lot of players are going to suggest you play more maps, it'll make you a lot more versatile and better at the game overall.
TBH that is true...
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6738|Great Wall
L96A1 = the best bolt action sniper rifle in game imho.
- I see no weakness if you compare it to M24.. and reload time is better.
- It's the only weapon capable of killing someone through the cockpit glass. But anyway M95 is crap because of way too thick crosshair so you cannot be as accurate as with M24, L96A1.. accuracy of the rifle itself is same like the others.

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2007-08-05 02:04:34)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

L96A1...
- It's the only weapon capable of killing someone through the cockpit glass.
Er, what? You think the L96A1 can shoot through cockpit glass???

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

But anyway M95 is crap because of way too thick crosshair so you cannot be as accurate as with M24, L96A1.. accuracy of the rifle itself is same like the others.
It has double the deviation of the M24 and L96A1. Deviation of the M95 when zoomed is that of the SVD and the Type 88.
fabiator14
+7|6151|Normandy - France
M95 is nice !
KingofPop4ever
+4|6113
Im kinda confused on what the base deviation means and what not.  THe wiki is rather confusing.  Can anyone clear this up for me on what exactly deviation is?

Also what does IO Mean?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

KingofPop4ever wrote:

Im kinda confused on what the base deviation means and what not.  THe wiki is rather confusing.  Can anyone clear this up for me on what exactly deviation is?
Go here http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/comparison and look immediately under the heading Terminology.

Loaaaaaads of threads talk about deviation, especially threads about sniping or the sniper rifles, if you want a little more info. But it's all pretty much covered on that page of the Wiki.

KingofPop4ever wrote:

Also what does IO Mean?
Infantry Only, another way of referring to no-vehicle mode.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard