USMCkilla
+16|6764|South Carolina
You do know that the EGA is part of the pattern of the new MARPAT uniforms don't you? Did you wear the blouse with the trousers?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

USMCkilla wrote:

You do know that the EGA is part of the pattern of the new MARPAT uniforms don't you? Did you wear the blouse with the trousers?
Did you look at the pictures?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
People insulting the men or women serving for their country don't deserve respect.  They blame the soldiers and marines for the failures of their politicians.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Man I've gotta get me some MARPAT pants, and the ACUPAT, they look so awesome, good on you stryyker ma man .
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

How did this turn into a discussion about pants?

Anyway, that sucks stryyk, don't let it get to you.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6837|Arizona
My favorite to the solider bashers out there is, what have you done recently to server you're country? Would you die for your right to speak out against your own government? It's a lot of fun watching them squirm.
HSG
+23|6476|British Columbia, Canada
You should have punched that dude in the face.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6375|Kyiv, Ukraine

{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg wrote:

My favorite to the solider bashers out there is, what have you done recently to server you're country? Would you die for your right to speak out against your own government? It's a lot of fun watching them squirm.
My favorite to the Iraq war cheerleaders out there is, have you walked into a recruiting office lately?  Would you put your money (and your ass) where your mouth is and just sign the hell up already?  If this is the ultimate clash of civilizations for the future of humanity, why wouldn't you be on the front lines?  "The Army just isn't for me."  "I have weak knees and flat feet, they wouldn't take me." "I'm Republican, but I'm also gay, don't tell anyone." "I have BETTER things to do."  It's a lot of fun watching them squirm, and on camera no less.

Chickenhawking is real.  This is documented.  Check out the Yellow Elephant project sometime...the videos are priceless.
http://operationyellowelephant.blogspot … rview.html

Now, for all this seeming "soldier bashing" that I hear about, why is it that Google turns up NOTHING when it comes to this topic.  In all the blogosphere, not a single article disparaging our armed forces (or anyone's) in a general sense.  The best I could come up with is a blogger that says "The army is a combat tool, but sucks as a police force."  Ooooh, big bash there.  This soldier bashing thing is about as credible as O'Really's "War on Christmas" or the "Rocquefort cheese terrorist dry runs", or any other empty strawman talking point.  Seeing as any activity perpetuated by more than 2 people has a website or blog devoted to it, where are the troop bashing sites, blogs, journals, or even a post on a board somewhere?  They don't exist.

This tactic is called "framing", and it applies to almost every American conservative talking point.
1) Find something that normal people would object to, such as the "Occupation of Iraq."
2) Associate this topic with something normal people would not object to, such as "Respect for our servicemen".
3) Bind the two topics in various loaded questions or talking points.  "Why don't you support the troops?"
4) Never allow the other side to again separate the two topics, bashing one magically bashes both, praising one praises both.  "Congressman X wants to cut off funding for the Iraq Occupation, he doesn't support the troops!"
5) Keep the opposition responding to nonsense constantly, no real debate can ever take place then.  Never give them a chance to state their case clearly without keeping in the "frame" you've already established.  Watch the FoxNews talk shows sometime when they bring in a "liberal" punching bag.
6) Remember always, logic does not apply here, this puts your typical "liberal" at a severe disadvantage in these arguements.  Keep him on the defensive, keep him always responding to your "frame". 

The think tanks that are paid to come up with these concepts know very well the difference between a conservative (authoritarian) and liberal (the rest of us) mindset.  They know exactly which buttons to push (and this "story") is an excellent example, reinforcing existing frames.  They know they will lose a logical debate when they don't have the facts on their side, so they "frame" (sometimes referred to as "caging"), and then go on the offensive.  Facts, statistics, and even logical debate tactics become meaningless.  Repetition bombardment from every source (FoxNews, AP inserts making into normal press, pundits in books, magazines, and talk radio, "rigged" infotainment documentaries) will keep that 25% of everyone that still believes their crap at that level forever.

Its enough to make a thinking man want to give up sometimes, but that's the point, and I was never one to back down from a fight.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6562

stryyker wrote:

So I'm walking from my car to a local provider of groceries in downtown Newport Beach this afternoon, on my way to work. Now, I had just finished with some Marine-related classes, so I was still dressed in my Cammie pants, boots, and secksy OD shirt.

I'm minding my own business, strolling through the isles looking for Pop tarts, when I start to notice the "upper class" members of the supermarket are glaring at me. I go up to the 10 items or less line, it has about 8 people in it. I have my poptarts (strawberry, frosted), A bottle of milk, bread, jelly, honey, ice, and a copy of Mountain Bike magazine. Now things get interesting.

The lady at the counter seems nice enough, but the other patrons are another story. The bag boy doesn't bag my groceries. I kinda shrug and start bagging it myself, while he sits in the little conclave and breathes at me. Awkward.

So after an ornate about face to get my change, the man behind me goes off. He is mid to late 30's. He has an A & F t-shirt on, expensive warn jeans, and what looked like Nike Air 2.0's (red).

He goes into various anti-war slander, the usuall

"Bush sucks.... Republicans are losing the war"

"dying in vain"

"Peace now"

etc.

Now, this goes on for a good 3 minutes, with other people in line joining in to the mans crusade against me. Then it got personal. A blond bimbo trophy wife second to last in line SCREAMS at me, "I hope you AND all of your friends DIE in Iraq for being so ignorant!"

Oh bitch, best not be saying that to a D.E.P'ing Marine that just had his first week of hand to hand combat training.

Now, this whole time, I had stood there, studious like, taking it all in. But now it was my turn.

First was the man. I commented on his appearance, and what it showed me. I went through the whole line of people belittling me and the others who didn't have a voice. It felt good.

Then, after I was done, the bimbo lady says to me again, "And what do you have to show for yourself hotshot?"

I did a quarter turn to my right, where a flag was hanging from the ceiling. I came to attention and saluted, while saying:

"I am a Citizen of the United States of America, A United States Marine, A Firefighter for this state. I think I've shown enough."

End salute, about face, and I walked out of the store.

Now, aside from being able to assert my linguistic skills into a situation, doesn't that situation feel.... Wrong?
Tell me what grocerie store and I'll go raise hell. Fuck Newport. I've been dis-respected in that little town before.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6539|Chicago
Shit like this gives us Libs a bad name. Being anti-Republican is NOT being anti-American or anti-Armed Forces.

Fuck people who do shit like this. You were entirely right. Good thing you're level-headed, because if I was in that situation, there would be some skull-cracking going on.
ReTox
+100|6501|State of RETOXification
This boggles my mind.

How can ordinary, some what sane, people not separate Government from those tasked to do what the cowardly politicians can't?  Do they really think it's PFC Jimmy from Iowa's fault that the Iraq conflict exists?

Fucking nubs.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

David.P wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

Can anyone say Vietnam?

Totally uncalled for. But seeing that you are in California...... Sigh just know that in most states the people have the up most respect for you guys.
I wonder what the libs will say? That he deserved it for being a war monger? Shit man if i was you i would have lashed out so hard. Fuck i would've been in a paddy wagon for 8 counts of homocide and 1 count of rape.(Ya bimbo i'm talking to you Get down and suck it!)
They would say that is downright wrong and disrespectful to treat a member of the armed forces that way.
golgoj4
+51|6776|North Hollywood
Whats funny, is that Newport is so conservative. But then thats the problem with my beloved state. People are so dumb they cant even keep their BS straight. $20 says those same people voted for BUSH. Fucking assholes. I give you credit for putting them in their place. I also think its weird that there were NO veterans around. Either way, sucks you had to deal with it. But then it just confirms my feelings on OC in general.

I had a similar encounter with some college students a couple years ago. I tended to visit a lot of colleges near bases I was at because I had HS friend going there. Hell, even the school that I went to for 1 year where people knew me, I had to deal with snotty attitudes and dumbass 'trying to hard to be liberal and failing' idiots. Doesn't anyone of these people understand that Soldiers, Sailors & Marines are the instrument of policy, not the creators?

Its dumb ass people like them that are the problem, not the people who have the balls to put on the uniform.
Madison B.
+4|6113
I'm no fan of the war but I would never go so far as to disrespect someone in uniform. If anyone deserves criticism its Bush.. and instead of bitching in line over someone who has a big of a voice as they do they can combine their voices and rally; but unfortunatly they're just looking for trouble since they pose illogical arguments in a place where arguments of the sort shouldn't be in play (i believe its an illogical war... but come on? seriously? i would never go off on anyone in public like that.

stryyker wrote:

So I'm walking from my car to a local provider of groceries in downtown Newport Beach this afternoon, on my way to work. Now, I had just finished with some Marine-related classes, so I was still dressed in my Cammie pants, boots, and secksy OD shirt.

I'm minding my own business, strolling through the isles looking for Pop tarts, when I start to notice the "upper class" members of the supermarket are glaring at me. I go up to the 10 items or less line, it has about 8 people in it. I have my poptarts (strawberry, frosted), A bottle of milk, bread, jelly, honey, ice, and a copy of Mountain Bike magazine. Now things get interesting.

The lady at the counter seems nice enough, but the other patrons are another story. The bag boy doesn't bag my groceries. I kinda shrug and start bagging it myself, while he sits in the little conclave and breathes at me. Awkward.

So after an ornate about face to get my change, the man behind me goes off. He is mid to late 30's. He has an A & F t-shirt on, expensive warn jeans, and what looked like Nike Air 2.0's (red).

He goes into various anti-war slander, the usuall

"Bush sucks.... Republicans are losing the war"

"dying in vain"

"Peace now"

etc.

Now, this goes on for a good 3 minutes, with other people in line joining in to the mans crusade against me. Then it got personal. A blond bimbo trophy wife second to last in line SCREAMS at me, "I hope you AND all of your friends DIE in Iraq for being so ignorant!"

Oh bitch, best not be saying that to a D.E.P'ing Marine that just had his first week of hand to hand combat training.

Now, this whole time, I had stood there, studious like, taking it all in. But now it was my turn.

First was the man. I commented on his appearance, and what it showed me. I went through the whole line of people belittling me and the others who didn't have a voice. It felt good.

Then, after I was done, the bimbo lady says to me again, "And what do you have to show for yourself hotshot?"

I did a quarter turn to my right, where a flag was hanging from the ceiling. I came to attention and saluted, while saying:

"I am a Citizen of the United States of America, A United States Marine, A Firefighter for this state. I think I've shown enough."

End salute, about face, and I walked out of the store.

Now, aside from being able to assert my linguistic skills into a situation, doesn't that situation feel.... Wrong?
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6645|England
That dumb bitch isn't going to stop terrorism by shouting at you and campainging against the war.

I hope she's her entire family is killed in a terrorist attack, lets see how you feel now you whore.

Man, those guys have got me fired up, how the fuck they can stand there and say that is beyond me.

in the meantime.

https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4226/liberalsfuckofffp4.jpg

EDIT: Oh and I'm sorry for the cynicism. It's also been a secret desire of mine for a certain hardcore anti war person in my neighbourhood to be the victim of a terrorist attack to see how he feels afterwards.

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2007-08-05 03:55:49)

Madison B.
+4|6113

Sgt.Davi wrote:

That dumb bitch isn't going to stop terrorism by shouting at you and campainging against the war.

I hope she's her entire family is killed in a terrorist attack, lets see how you feel now you whore.

Man, those guys have got me fired up, how the fuck they can stand there and say that is beyond me.

in the meantime.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4226 … offfp4.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-04

EDIT: Oh and I'm sorry for the cynicism. It's also been a secret desire of mine for a certain hardcore Liberal in my neighbourhood to be the victim of a terrorist attack to see how he feels afterwards.
LOL your signature comic is hilarious.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6255|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

Madison B. wrote:

Sgt.Davi wrote:

in the meantime.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4226 … offfp4.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-04

EDIT: Oh and I'm sorry for the cynicism. It's also been a secret desire of mine for a certain hardcore Liberal in my neighbourhood to be the victim of a terrorist attack to see how he feels afterwards.
LOL your signature comic is hilarious.
Derail anyone?
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
It doesn't even have anything to do with liberals. Those people are clearly ignorant and disrespectful shits. I'm very liberal and spend most of my time in Vermont (arguably the most liberal state) and would never disrespect someone simply for being in the armed forces. People like that give liberals a bad name. I like to think that most of us are intelligent reasonable people but there are fucktards on both sides of the fence I guess.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6645|England
Yeah I agree that being a Liberal does not mean you are anti war, and I especially agree that those guys are giving Liberals a bad name.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Still call bullshit
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
ofcourse it is. everything that fucker posted was bullshit
Tu Stultus Es
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Looking back, not sure if that was sarcasm or what. I didn't see the puppy kicking and corpse pissing then, so who knows.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Still call bullshit
a D.E.P'ing Marine that just had his first week of hand to hand combat training
Because the Sh1ftys of the world are your worst nightmare.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2012-02-04 04:25:36)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California

mtb0minime wrote:

Looking back, not sure if that was sarcasm or what. I didn't see the puppy kicking and corpse pissing then, so who knows.
Generalizing an entire nation's military force because ~10 in 1,000,000 decided to be dicks? That's less than 1%. Respect the men in uniform. By enlisting they've basically said they'll put themselves in harm's way so you don't have to.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

mtb0minime wrote:

I didn't see the puppy kicking and corpse pissing then, so who knows.
Also sarcasm.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard