SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6481|Kentucky
looks weird, but it looks like it would be comfortable.
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA

leetkyle wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

OMG were they happy with that in the design stages? WTF, no one will buy that piece of shite.
No. I assure you that a lot of people will buy it!
lol.  Gee that mouse does look ...ugly
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
Who needs that many Dpi anyway and i preffer smaller mouse thats easier to handle and not some chunky rat.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

heggs wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Common mistake, it's actually 'beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder' I think we all know this statement has a great amount of truth attached to it, particularly after waking up next 'something' the morning after a piss up.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Probably the ugliest mouse ever.

Some people must have some retarded hands.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6487|UK
it's a mouse, who cares what it looks like

my G5 looks like some1 has wiped their ass on it, still a good mouse though
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver

Mong0ose wrote:

it's a mouse, who cares what it looks like

my G5 looks like some1 has wiped their ass on it, still a good mouse though
Gross, wash your damn hands.
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
My MX518 will be just fine, although I like the new G15. Seems a little smaller then the older one that I have.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Why do these mice cost like $80-90?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

the new G15, to me, doesn't look like it added anything, only the look and the number of macro keys changed. Considering the macro keys are what I like most about my G15, this is not a good thing. The new style may look good on it's own, but makes no sense for computers. I would say out of people  with case lights, about 80% are blue (including mine), so the G15 goes nicely. Now I'm about to go to a red themed case, but still, orange? I don't think I've ever seen an orange case. If they really wanted to make people happy they would let you change the color or buy different versions.

The G9, as others have said, looks like shit, but it doesn't even look like it would be comfortable. I love the design of my MX518, the G5 slightly less so but it's still okay, but that thing looks like it would give me hand cramps. The features look nice, but looking at the shape and number of buttons I don't think I'll be getting one. If they stuck all that in the case of my MX518 I would be happy.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia
God, looks like someone got a mouse from the 90s and clubbed it with the ugly stick until it snapped.

The G15 looks okay shape-wise, but orange? It's bad enough that all gamer-tech manufacturers think that blue is the only colour in the world without them adding some weird ass colour no one has. I mean, do they even make orange cathodes?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Orange is a naturally visible and clear colour. It is easy on the eyes and very sharp. I don't think it was a bad idea.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6479| Texas
I saw both the new G15 and the G9 while I was at quakecon. the g15 looks great in person and the updated lcd looks really sharp. The G9, however, still looks like shit and and really doesnt feel that great either. the guys in the logitech booth said it was "the new standard in comfort", but i really couldnt think that from holding this mouse. the g9 also looked smaller in person than it does from pictures.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
very, very ugly
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I hope that new G15 is cheaper since it has 1/3 of the macros of the original. I like the LCD screen being on the keyboard and not on a flip screen, though. I dunno, maybe I'll buy it. The G9 though...ew.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Logitech should never leave the shape that theyve used from the mx500 all the way up to the G7. The only improvement left to make on that shape is a wider base of the thumb grip and a small flat area at the bottom of the thumb grip - I, like a lot of other people, grip mice with my thumb right at the bottom. On the G5 that can result in some deep marks in my thumb after playing.

The G5 is closing in on perfect - but even with the recent update it needs:

- A high quality, reliable, and functional scrollwheel
- An even better plastic for the main area of the mouse. Not the rubber grip, but the plastic on top. Although the G* plastic is a lot better than the mx5** plastic, it still gets hot and a better coating could stop sweat.
- A default DPI of 2000 with the + and - buttons controlling sensitivity directly.
- looser wire. Again, the G has improved a lot over the MX with its cloth-like wire, but it still tends to curl up and get in the way.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Zimmer wrote:

Orange is a naturally visible and clear colour. It is easy on the eyes and very sharp. I don't think it was a bad idea.
Again, it's not that the keyboard by itself doesn't look good, but it looks silly if used by a blue themed computer.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6479| Texas

Poseidon wrote:

I hope that new G15 is cheaper since it has 1/3 of the macros of the original.
nope. its gonna be $99.99.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard