JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England
What I would like to be able to do is communicate with any player that is in the same vehicle as me over VOIP. This way if my squad-mate doesn't manage to get in a vehicle with me I can still communicate with whoever did. It's a bit of a hassle trying to fly a helicopter and inviting somebody to a squad. And 99% of the time it is not a squad member who manages to get into the other seat and I'm all for whoever gets in it, takes it.

Not just attack choppers either, you will always have a blue dot or two in the blackhawk. Or the pilot of the F-15 isn't in a squad to join so you can talk to him/her when you jump into the gunners seat.

Edit: added the fact that VOIP Vehicle channel is what I meant

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-05 16:44:38)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX
That's actually a great idea!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6689|Colorado
If you have mates in the game then just get teamspeak, walla your own vehicle channel.
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England
(T)eflon(S)hadow: Thanks mate, knew someone would see sense

TrollmeaT:  But thats my point, you're mates aren't always the ones to get in the vehicle with you, and I am dead against tk'ing for vehicles, f@#king hate it

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-04 07:05:38)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6860|Bryan/College Station, TX
This is a great idea before and is still a great idea now.

Like I said a long time ago it would be easy to simply assign "Shift + B" As the in Vehicle VOIP.

Or it could be "Shift + V".  Either way it wouldn't be that hard to press while in a vehicle.

I really wish they did this. Nice for any vehicle with multiple people in it. Esspecially Driver/Pilot and Gunner crews. Tanks, APCs, BH, Bombers and Attack Choppers immediately come to mind.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England
Great minds think alike kilroy0097
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6750|Oslo, Norway
great idea
Agrocasey
+0|6689

kilroy0097 wrote:

This is a great idea before and is still a great idea now.

Like I said a long time ago it would be easy to simply assign "Shift + B" As the in Vehicle VOIP.

Or it could be "Shift + V".  Either way it wouldn't be that hard to press while in a vehicle.

I really wish they did this. Nice for any vehicle with multiple people in it. Esspecially Driver/Pilot and Gunner crews. Tanks, APCs, BH, Bombers and Attack Choppers immediately come to mind.
I think it should be a single key, because then you would still be able to drive while you are talking. N would be the logical choice, however I think it is already assigned to something
the_ubernoob_
+8|6760
I would like a channel to the other interceptors in the air.

This way the pilots can coordinate attacks against the enemy air force.
"I can't shake him!!!!"
"Hang on...swerve and weave in a sorta straight line for a sec...GOT HIM!!!!!!"
AuSFinN
+1|6705
I agree. This is a fantastic idea. A vehicle comm channel.. Yes.

You can summon a massive tank squadron!
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England

the_ubernoob_ wrote:

I would like a channel to the other interceptors in the air.

This way the pilots can coordinate attacks against the enemy air force.
"I can't shake him!!!!"
"Hang on...swerve and weave in a sorta straight line for a sec...GOT HIM!!!!!!"
You'll only end up shooting your team-mate down cos of the stupid missiles... lol
RedEyes-CAD
+1|6728|Arizona
Sounds like a good idea, but have it so all vehicles are in the same channel(for your team). 

Sorta related:  It would be interesting if you could hear the voip of a sqaud that you were near.  Just like the ingame Q commands, maybe it would take too many system resources.  More realistic though, squadmates don't communicate through telepathy, they use walkie-talkie gizmo things.
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England

AuSFinN wrote:

I agree. This is a fantastic idea. A vehicle comm channel.. Yes.

You can summon a massive tank squadron!
I wasn't really thinking between seperate vehicles, just crew members that are in the same vehicle as you. It's the commanders job to create a massive tank squadron, or a single squad can do it.

You don't really want to here the gunner of an F-15 saying "we got a jet behind us" if you're the pilot of a helicopter, or another jet just about to drop your bombs, thus taking evasive action for no reason.
Or, the gunner on a tank saying "MOVE Spec ops coming in with C4" if you're in another land vehicle IMO

Between 2 single seater jets would be ok though.

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-05 16:41:23)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

JonskyGBR wrote:

What I would like to be able to do is communicate with any player that is in the same vehicle as me. This way if my squad-mate doesn't manage to get in a vehicle with me I can still communicate with whoever did. It's a bit of a hassle trying to fly a helicopter and inviting somebody to a squad. And 99% of the time it is not a squad member who manages to get into the other seat and I'm all for whoever gets in it, takes it.

Not just attack choppers either, you will always have a blue dot or two in the blackhawk. Or the pilot of the F-15 isn't in a squad to join so you can talk to him/her.
They had that in Joint Ops, and it helped a lot, especially when using the little bird.
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England

RedEyes-CAD wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, but have it so all vehicles are in the same channel(for your team).
Pretty much same as above, all the vehicles would add up to quite a large number of people. If there all trying talk at once it's gonna be hectic. I think thats why they only did VOIP between squad members in the first place.

I personally wouldn't want that, just like I said originally, an in vehicle VOIP channel as if you were talking directly to your vehicle crew.
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England

usmarine2005 wrote:

They had that in Joint Ops, and it helped a lot, especially when using the little bird.
Yep, I remember, but it was text only wasn't it, too hard to fly and type IMO
Well maybe not so difficult in JO the control system was a bit easy and limited.
Up/down, forward/back, and rotate left/right.

I love the fact I can fly a helicopter in BF2 like a real one, albeit a bit easier obviously.

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-05 16:49:22)

RebelCorvette
+-1|6700
I could just see me now, screaming as loud as I can, USE THE DAMN TV MISSLE OR GET THE HELL OUT.

Anyway, good idea... would definently help to make more people use the vehicle to its true potential.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

JonskyGBR wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Yep, I remember, but it was text only wasn't it, too hard to fly and type IMO
Ya, no voice, but it did help more than not having it at all.
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England

RebelCorvette wrote:

I could just see me now, screaming as loud as I can, USE THE DAMN TV MISSLE OR GET THE HELL OUT.
Thats a damn good reason to add it, or telling your newbie gunner "you can keep adjusting the flight path of the missile by re-clicking"

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-05 16:54:31)

ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6804|The Void
I remeber a great Game Operation Flashpoint had a vehical channel.

There was a area channel -which was cool it had a 50 foot range anyone in 50 feet could hear it. (purple although it came up as white text center screen)
Global channel which was the same as we have now.(white or normal)
Team channel - all team mate reguardless of squad.(light blue)
Sqaud channel- only squad memebers.(green)
Vehical channel only people inthe vehical could hear. (yellow)
They also were color coded for text comms too.
Freshmetal
+0|6678
I think it can get frustrating but u got to always camp for the plane.

Still it overweighs trying to get a squad member to get in when he cant fly
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6860|Bryan/College Station, TX
Set up a queue that is max 3 big.
People get the aircraft in the order of the queue if they are within the immediate area.
If they leave or get killed they leave the queue.
This ensures a fair turn at the plane/heli.

This does not prevent TKing for vehicles which happens now anyways and is a social disease and a early sign of severe retardation and anti-social behavior.

Random ideas brought to you by Mensa's School for the severly Gifted.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Freshmetal
+0|6678
I dont tk for vehicles. I just shoot a helo or plane if they lift off w/o me and still have room for more

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard