US Army17%17% - 22
Navy5%5% - 7
Coast Guard (yes...it is a branch)4%4% - 6
Total: 127
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

david363 wrote:

coast gaurd seem pretty cool like!, what does the national guard come under?
The National Guard, or Army National Guard to be precise, is obviously under the Army. The Air National Guard is under the Air Force. I believe it's just a 'division', like Active Duty or Reserves.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6520|Istanbul-Turkey
united states marine folks.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643

Hurricane wrote:

david363 wrote:

The National Guard, or Army National Guard to be precise, is obviously under the Army. The Air National Guard is under the Air Force. I believe it's just a 'division', like Active Duty or Reserves.
yes and no.  the NG is funded by the State governments.  The Reserves and Active Duty are federal.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-08-02 17:15:15)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

david363 wrote:

yes and know.  the NG is funded by the State governments.  The Reserves and Active Duty are federal.
Wow, I make that mistake sometimes too!
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6165
United States Air Force

I've watched too much Independence Day movie
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6517|Montucky
Usmc.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)
Other: Conscientious Objectors.

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
The USAF is probably the only one that stands out from other countries forces. No disrespect to the other branches.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

United States Air Force

I've watched too much Independence Day movie
If you really did, then you'd know that was the United States' Marine Corps aviation wing.

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
agent146
+127|6386|Jesus Land aka Canada

joeymango29 wrote:

Air Force has the best pay of all the branches and they get to play with the best toys.
ya can't deny that.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6282|Pennsyltucky

United States Marine Corps, although it's might nice of those Navy guys to give them a ride.
Hurricane
Banned

T.Pike wrote:

United States Marine Corps, although it's might nice of those Navy guys to give them a ride.
My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment

Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Expected

etc etc =p
RECONDO67
+60|6635|miami FL
love the marines but when you think the navy its better after all the marines are part of the navy.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6625|Quebec city, Canada
This might be an ignorant question, but I'm canadian and we don't have a marine corps here. So what are the differences between the marine corps and the us army ? I know about the differences in equipment, ranks, etc but what are the reasons for choosing one or the other for a specific mission ? How different are the roles of each one, enough to have made two different branchs ?

Thanks for the replies.
Hurricane
Banned

-=raska=- wrote:

This might be an ignorant question, but I'm canadian and we don't have a marine corps here. So what are the differences between the marine corps and the us army ? I know about the differences in equipment, ranks, etc but what are the reasons for choosing one or the other for a specific mission ? How different are the roles of each one, enough to have made two different branchs ?

Thanks for the replies.
In a nutshell, the Marines are sent in first to kick ass, the Army cleans up after =p

I think the Marines a mostly a Rapid Deployment force, while the Army has a mix of RDF (18th Airborne Corps for example) and standard deployment forces.

Also, Marines have their own jets and amphibious assault ships.
edit: hopefully someone else can answer it better for you.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-08-02 21:42:27)

joeymango29
+10|6177|California,CA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

joeymango29 wrote:

Air Force has the best pay of all the branches and they get to play with the best toys.
I guess you dont know that all branches get paid the same.
No they don't.  Iv'e looked it up and several Marines told me that Air Force get paid the most yesterday.
Hurricane
Banned

joeymango29 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

joeymango29 wrote:

I guess you dont know that all branches get paid the same.
No they don't.  Iv'e looked it up and several Marines told me that Air Force get paid the most yesterday.
It's not a whole lot more, at least compared to the Army

http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/money_basic_pay.jsp

http://www.airforce.com/careers/paychart/index.php

USAF pay is shown in monthly pay, so multiply by 12.
David.P
Banned
+649|6273
Null i love em all(Even coast guard! Hey they may have stopped some of my shipments from jamaica, But damn they did me a favor by killing a motherfucker who fucked with me. You like the ocean floor Jaba? Huh? Wait you cant talk it's all those bullets in your chest! Bitch i win this time!)
Hurricane
Banned

David.P wrote:

Null i love em all(Even coast guard! Hey they may have stopped some of my shipments from jamaica, But damn they did me a favor by killing a motherfucker who fucked with me. You like the ocean floor Jaba? Huh? Wait you cant talk it's all those bullets in your chest! Bitch i win this time!)
https://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2627/oneflewoverthecuckoo27scj4.jpg
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
I feel silly for arguing this, but please look at this chart.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/2007payc … sepay1.htm

all pay is the same.  holy shit what am I doing even typing this?
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6282|Pennsyltucky

I didn't check the links but I do know this.

Special Operations Forces get the highest monthly pay due to all of the various hazard duty pay the are entitled to.

In the end it's probably SEALs that make the most because in addition to the hazard pay other Spec Ops forces get they can also get Sea-Duty or Submarine pay.

I'll see if i can find a link.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Army: Die
Marines: Die
Navy: Buttsecks
Air Force: Jet Whore
Coast Guard: Stay at or near home most of the time.

The last one.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6828|Grapevine, TX
https://www.usswisconsin.org/Ships%20Store/Store%20pics/807%20Marine%20Corps%20Emblem.jpg

EDIT:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Army: Die
Marines: Die
Navy: Buttsecks
Air Force: Jet Whore
Coast Guard: Stay at or near home most of the time.

The last one.
Coast Guard is a great service, but I Know you couldn't even make it with your pu$$y attitude. Oh yeah, none of the Marines from my company have died, as I know you're thinking of the current WAR we are engaged in.

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2007-08-03 16:17:07)

Smitty5613
+46|6526|Middle of nowhere, California

joeymango29 wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6828|Grapevine, TX

Smitty5613 wrote:

joeymango29 wrote:

It's great to have freedom ins't it?

Military pay grades are the same for every branch of the US Armed Forces. You guys should have knowledge of the things you post, me thinks. I know I do...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard