OaksMokedBacon
+0|6716|Dundee, Scotland
Hi all,

I'm still learning the ways of the explosive and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to get the explosive badges b4 they screw the c4 up with the new patch?

cheers

P.S. free bottle of HP sauce to the best tip
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6756|The United Center
if you hadn't promised that HP sauce, i would've gotten mad and told you to use the search, nub.

...but....that HP sauce is amazing.  so...with that said...you better not be bluffing.

the way i got mine was on karkand, 64 person map size, with about 20 people in the server.  there's a few spots where enemies tend to bottleneck and come together...you should know where a few of these are in karkand.  most of them are behind fences or walls, in an allyway, or by capture points.  best thing to do...toss a pack of c4 over the fence and detonate.  since theres an object between you and the c4, you wont blow yourself up, and the enemies wont have enough time to get out of the blast radius.
OaksMokedBacon
+0|6716|Dundee, Scotland
pm ur name and address and if its the best tip u'll get it

glass or squeezy bottle? i'm glass bottle man myself, find it tastes better.
Barrakuda777
+86|6745|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Karkand, and always have out your c4 ...  dont be tempted to use your gun, use the alleyways as a trap.... yourself as bait and happy hunting. (i like the top of the building just behind the hotel spawn and kind of deploying my c4 to "fish" the pit below me. )

Kooda ... needs sauce
mpec82
+-1|6730
i get my badge (basic) on Warlord 64 with 32 players, on the tv station flag, u place the c4 in a not visible point and wait
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6778|Human Meat Shield
Jihad!!!!  And yes on the stairwell on Warlord is gravy, or toss some on the first entry into Karkand and guaranteed 3 kills.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759
anyone want a bottle of Irn-Bru ?
-=SoF=-Rip
+0|6691
Getting the Pistol, Knife and "c4" badges are actually pretty similar. The best tip I can give you is to put yourself into the mindset that:

a) You K/D will get hosed. Be prepared to get 1:1 on any map you attempt it on.

b) 64 player servers last longest (usually) so you have your best chance to get your badge there.

c) I prefer night maps (Yes, Special Forces). Because all 3 badges generally require you to get close to your target(s).

d) Run around with the weapon "out".  Get EVERY kill with that weapon. Run away if you can't get  the drop on your target(s). This is hard to do, because most peeps have wired their reactions in a way to shoot/roll/dodge/jump and so on during a confrontation. You have to be willing to wait for the right time to strike. Also you can keep track of your kills this way by simply checking your tally, instead of trying remember in your head.

e) If the map is half over, or half the tickets are gone on either side and you are at least halfway to the required number of kills, STOP. Go back and play something else you are good at and get teampoints or a good K/D ratio. You will be VERY upset if the map ends and you have one or two short of the required number.

Although I know what  HP sauce is, I am not a big condiment user, so I would wish to donate it to someone who would enjoy it more, like maybe Pam Anderson.

Last edited by -=SoF=-Rip (2006-02-03 07:33:12)

OaksMokedBacon
+0|6716|Dundee, Scotland
the competitions is hotting up! i'm away for the w/e so u still got time

hmm i might ahve to start a poll
sparklet
Banned
+34|6757|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
whats hp suace?
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6742|Singapore
Load up a jeep with 2 c4. Go strike at karkand. Get out before u reach the tank. BOOM! Btw it aint necessary u get 1:1 kd ratio. You must be prepared to lose points.

Last edited by Ayumiz (2006-02-03 09:12:15)

Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6722|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!

mpec82 wrote:

i get my badge (basic) on Warlord 64 with 32 players, on the tv station flag, u place the c4 in a not visible point and wait
This is how I got my vet explosive badge.  It works on Sharqi too.  Just plant one at the bottom of the stairway and wait.  This does work better on Warlord since there is no ladder to the flag like on Sharqi (ususally forces more people up the stairs).  Still, the more experienced enemy will either grabble up or zip line down to the flag if they know you are there with C4, so it helps if you have someone guarding the flag while you take out the guys coming up the stairs.

I got my basic badge by jihad jeeping on the Wetlands map.
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6676|Colorado
Karkand 64 player... on MEC, throw C4 over the fence in the street where the US comes in... over and over and over ... then once the US has the Hotel Camp on the roof adjacent to spawn in the alley... throw, and throw, over and over.. ask for a supply drop of get a buddy to support you, camp the shit out of that alley to the square... watch the door though or they'll get wise and come bend you over, but just do nothing but C4 no guns no knives no pretty little flowers, or moonpies.

Never Wait for some chump to come along.. You don't have time for that.  Be aggressive... Get in their face.
Trash500
+-1|6672
I got mine with the trusted "Strap 2 c4 to a jeep and go a suicide bombing" tecnique. Works a treat on almost any map but best on 1 with an ememy base close to one of yours with a FAV on it. Just keep driving into them and blowing em sky high. easy.

Can I have their hot and spicey sauce?

Last edited by Trash500 (2006-02-03 11:07:54)

vjs
+19|6780
sorry but do a search...

I posted a pretty good article on how I got my expert on karland with maps included.

C4 useage should be pretty easy... I got mine with mostly claymores. Forget the mines you'll waste time.

I've always gone for gone for one badge or another, not points. And my K/D, teamkills, etc reflects that.

BTW if you use claymores you will be kicked and rack up the TK points.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6787
devil's perch is a good place for the explosive badge(the bases near the asilum are the best), the night gives you a big advantage and sometimes your enemies doubt if are friendly or foe, also you can use an sniper as respawning point, because they are closer to the enemy bases and since they get in high places you can use  your zip line to get to the enemy base really fast and with full stamina, which necesary for your jumps and scapes
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6667|WPB, FL. USA
Hi All,

My first time posting and I could not have found a better topic.  Good Luck on the Expert Explosive :}
It took me a couple of weeks but I would suggest a 16 or 32 server on a 64 player map,  The Jihad Jeep is the best way.  Just find a natural base where you can always get a Jeep, put on two C-4, watch your HUD and drive right into the miidle of the action, jump and run, and pull the trigger.  Now, you have 3 more C-4 to use or if you choose to get killed then you can respawn and do it again.  I was lucky and got 44 kills and only died 6 times.  thank you to the tolerant victims of the Jihad Jeepers.

Kaboom.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6742|Singapore
Actually if u load c4 up an atv in warlord and just go jeeping, you'll get your basic.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6778|Human Meat Shield

Ayumiz wrote:

Actually if u load c4 up an atv in warlord and just go jeeping, you'll get your basic.
This is what I do and people hate it; that ATV is F-A-S-T and tank whores bitch because they can't get their points with me Jihading them constantly; Someone even started to kick me because he couldn't get into a tank w/o me killing him. Ironic - it's good to get into a tank and spawnkill but can't kill a tank with ATV? Wha?
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6713|SE Pennsylvania
I saw this thread last night and said to myself "What the hell...may as well try it in the morning."  So I found a Karkand and just put 2 pieces of C4 onto a Vodnik and went around like a jackass blowing things up.  It was actually really easy, and got it on the first try, though your score will suffer...and I hate playing like that - don't think I'll do it again.

Last edited by Bingo (2006-02-04 09:11:22)

Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6713
Well i got mine by just going to a Karkand server about 32 people on it and layed a trail of C4 down to the flag and set myself up to watch them stream into it and BANG i got it in the first time i tried and less than half the map had passed
monkeyboy
+8|6674
I got mine using the Karkland suicide technique. Was a damn close thing though. I needed 1 more kill.... and was driving my vodnik towards the square (the closest usmc flag) when the deadly heartbeat started. drove up the quick way and approached the flag from the square. I parked up right as close as I could get to the flag, and realised there was no enemies there!

I got out my vodnik to see if I could lob a c4 in the final seconds, but there was nobody about. All the enemies were off attacking the suburbs flag. I went back to my vodnik... looked at the enemy tickets.... only 3 left.

I was screwed......... or so I thought.

Just before I reached the vodnik..... someone spawned right next to it! KaaaaaaaBOOOM!!! Drum roll......... and I get my badge! Even managed to do it with a positive k/d ratio!
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

all i did was go on karkand, put c4 at the entrance of the city (i was MEC), wait for the tank or apc to come by, blow that up, thats 1 kill. then i put c4 on tanks i seen,. and mostly car bombed for the rest of the round.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6816
Get a friend who plays support to drive around in a humvee or vodnik, you sit in the back and just toss c4 and he circles spawn points, for instance in Karkand go on the US side and just toss c4 along the road around the hotel spawns and then detonate every once in a while. You'll get some TKs and some people pissed off at you, but you'll get some kills pretty easily that way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard