sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
US presidential candidate Barack Obama has said he would order military action against al-Qaeda in Pakistan without the consent of Pakistan's government.

In his speech at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, in Washington, Mr Obama said General Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan's president, must do more to end terrorist operations in his country.  If not, Pakistan would risk a troop invasion and the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars of US aid during an Obama presidency, the candidate said.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
thats a worse idea than it was to invade Iraq when we did.  given the current regional and global political climate.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

Bullshit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
I think Obama's losing it: he's said a few stupid things lately, which is a pity because I hate Hilary Clinton with a passion.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

haha
Fen321
+54|6468|Singularity
Wow, I'm glad he is saying this shit now before people elect him and are "surprised" that a democrat has now entangled us even further in this region.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Slinga, Rooster and Cameron I agree with you.  It's a bad idea, it's BS and he's losing it.  Oh, and I hate Hillary too.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
its always easy to throw another few hundred thousand volunteers around for political agendas.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sergeriver wrote:

Slinga, Rooster and Cameron I agree with you.  It's a bad idea, it's BS and he's losing it.  Oh, and I hate Hillary too.
And you people wonder why I have yet to vote for a President.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

..........and yet you don't mind defending your overlords and their irresponsible actions.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I must say I'm kinda disappointed.  He seemed like a change for the US, but he's showing he's just another politician, who only cares about his own agenda.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

..........and yet you don't mind defending your overlords and their irresponsible actions.
ok
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada
I don't think America is ready for Clinton or Obama.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

d4rkst4r wrote:

I don't think America is ready for Clinton or Obama.
The prez will proberbly be a cunt, just as long it isn't a neo con cunt.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ

sergeriver wrote:

Now why would he say a stupid thing like that, if not to make that bitch look better?
ƒ³
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

thats a worse idea than it was to invade Iraq when we did.  given the current regional and global political climate.
Look, I'm a neo-con, but even I know if we invade Pakistan that it would destabilize Musharrif and collapse his government.  What's worst about Pakistan is that if it goes to shit like Iraq its not car bombs we have to worry about, it'll be nuclear missiles.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

At the moment though Pakistan and India have each pointed the nukes at each other and haven't considered using them on anyone else. I wouldn't give them an excuse!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jonsimon
+224|6465

dark110 wrote:

Who cares what you think? You can't even vote, you troublemaking asshole.
Break out the asbestos, we've got a flamer.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
It'd be a hell of a lot more logical than the invasion of Iraq.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

Fen321 wrote:

Wow, I'm glad he is saying this shit now before people elect him and are "surprised" that a democrat has now entangled us even further in this region.
lol.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6540|United States
This Presidential election is going to be the biggest joke in our countries history. I weep for the possibilities of who might be elected.
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6696|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
Don't worry about the black/women democrate candidates. Our country is too racist/sexist to get them into office (they won't get the all-important southern vote). Instead let's get a weasly Rupublican in so they can continue the costly iraq war and let more illegals in to repay the corporations fot their "contributions." [If you can't tell either way were fucked]
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA

Bubbalo wrote:

It'd be a hell of a lot more logical than the invasion of Iraq.
If Marsharrf didn't have a chance of loosing power over his country, then I would have no problem attacking Northwestern Pakistan, but compound that with the fact the country has nukes...well then you can see where there is worry.

What's kewl is that since a Democrat suggested this then it'll get played up by the press.  I wonder if Bush DID go into Pakistan that Obama would get the credit?

Last edited by Harmor (2007-08-01 22:13:16)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
You know, Pakistan would never nuke the U.S., primarily because they don't have a missile capable of reaching it, nor the naval or aerial vehicles capable of delivering a shorter ranged missile.

Additionally, even if they could, the threat of nuclear annihilation from the U.S. would prevent this from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_a … n#Missiles
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

shame. I always thought Obama was one of the better candidates. Not that it matters, since I won't be able to vote anyway.

Then again, with the impact US foreign policy usually has on the rest of the world, I am kind of concerned about the notion of the US attacking Pakistan. After all, Bush has done a lot over the years to fund and support this military dictatorship that Musharraf calls a democracy, all in the effort to building up a coalition against insurgents operating in the pakistani-afghani border region, and stop the flow of supplies and manpower across the border.

THe idea that his potential successor would want to jeopardize those efforts, through miliotary action against Pakistan, thereby strenghtening terrorist activities in that country, is quite disturbing, tbh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard