monkeyboy
+8|6676
I was playing as a usmc engineer the other day, I'm just wandering out of the main base, and all of a sudden it comes up in grey that I've just killed 2 people.... when I didn't do anything.

I check the list at the top, and apparently I killed them with an m16. Has anyone else had this? Was there someone else on my team who gunned down 2 enemies, only for me to get the kills?

Not that I'm complaining about the free points or anything
computermash
+7|6675
Yeah i shot a chopper with like 1 shot frm the spec ops unlock and then it crashed into a building and i got 2 kills 4 it.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797
I did that once, I put two C4 on an MEC APC and then was about to run when it killed me.  However, a medic was on a TOW and took it out, but I got the points saying that it was my C4 that did it.  Didnt mind though, another two guys had spawned inside the APC anyway!
*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6713|Phoenix Arizona
YES i have seen this where you get credits for kills with kits your not even carrying and i thought yea cool ok but i have also seen where you get team veh.damage and a vehicle is nowhere to be seen ...
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6859|-
Yesterday I threw a grenade and it registered a kill before it even exploded. It was really weird. Then right after that someone asked ingame how he got a C4 kill when he was Assault. I thought I was just on a sketchy server or something...
sparklet
Banned
+34|6759|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
yea happened to me bfor
i was walking  around karkand and somehow i got a free kill
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6797

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Yesterday I threw a grenade and it registered a kill before it even exploded. It was really weird.
I had a similar experience to that.  I threw a grenade at an MEC soldier after shooting him but I think the grenade hit him, and he must of had no health left and I got the kill.  Seconds later it exploded and it sent his medic friend spinning through the air.
monkeyboy
+8|6676

*OL*JoseyWales wrote:

YES i have seen this where you get credits for kills with kits your not even carrying and i thought yea cool ok but i have also seen where you get team veh.damage and a vehicle is nowhere to be seen ...
Yeah, I think I've had this also. I got a team kill for no reason. I put it down to a noob and one of my landmines..... but I was pretty sure I hadn't placed any mines that round. (wasn't positive, cos I throw them round like confetti when I'm an engineer).
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6764
Happens mostly when I am engineer.
Lay a landmine, run away.  Tank rolls over it *boom* says you killed them with a Vodnik, which you are now driving in the other direction? Or says you killed with TOW, which you are sitting in but not firing, and are three flags away?  It's a wierd little glitch, usually credits your kills to whatever vehicle you are in.

I've had it happen at least once while SpecOps as well.  I was USA at Clean Sweep, threw some C4 on an empty buggy at MEC flag.  Before I could get away, someone shot me.  I spawned as medic somewhere else, and about five seconds later I got a C4 kill.  All I could figure was my C4 was still active on the buggy, and the dude crashed it, and I got credit for the kill.
(The sweet thing for me was the dude who died in the buggy from C4 was the same dude who shot me.  It was like revenge for me.  But it probably messed with his mind.)
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6800|Singapore

I wish i was that lucky. FIghting hard enough to MAKE them kills already.
Esker
+1|6738
Yep I got 5 Mp5 kills when I had a AK101 and wasn't actually shooting anything

I got called a hacker by my squad and kicked from it...
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6696|Espoo, Finland
I once got kills with different weapons, tanks and APC's when I was killing people with shock padles.

That kinda sucked
raz
+22|6675|England, UK
It's because EA/DICE have tryed to be clever and put script in that attempts to make a conclusion of who get's the kill. For instance, when you are shooting a chopper down, and it suddenly crashes (due to a shit pilot or your just causing him to panic), you get the kills for it. In this case it makes the correct decision but in most other scenarios, it doesn't.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6764
Just remembered another time.
Playing as USA on Sharqui.  My and buddy drive from Hotel around to their south uncap spawn.  He is SpecOps, blows their UAV and SAT.  I'm engy, kinda along for moral support?   We have no way to get him more ammo, so there's no need to hang around.  I've only got a shotgun, he's out of C4, and we know enemy will soon be around to investigate our damage.  So I drop a couple mines at the exit of that spawn, we run down and get in a boat.

Mmmmmzzzzzmmmmm we're buzzing across to the Hotel again, suddenly I get three kills, all credited to the RiB I've driving.  Obviously three guys spawned over there, checked out that we were gone, and jumped in a Vodnik to drive around to the fight.  And ran right over my mines.

Three nice kills.  But I was accused of being a hacker on the board, since it showed I killed them with the RiB boat, and they were probably all in a Vodnik that blew up.  OMFGHaXor!
LoS-Infinity
+4|6769
This simply means - the last person to get a hit, with any type of weapon, when someone dies or something crashes gets the credit for the kill....
Try it  out, shoot a blackhawk when u know it will be coming down, good chance of getting kills.
Esker
+1|6738
I think the topic in question is actually talking about the random bug you get where it says you killed someone with a weapon you do not have, nor was you actually firing it at the time.

Like he said, he was engineer and he recieved an m16 kill, come to think of it... I don't think I did have a AK101 when I got those MP5 kills, I might have picked up an engineer kit just before it was awarded.

If that's the case then I can only imagine it's something to do with mines, you sure you never placed any mines?
BushRanger007
+1|6677
Just one of the glorious numerous Bugs that they let into the market place, I have even seen me tk someone I never even touched.
Esker
+1|6738
Or the random vote kicks when somene joins a server, very odd.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6684|Australia
I have had the vehicle one pop up.

Just spawned and i was running down the beach on wake(near the PLA arty)

TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE.....WHAT??????
Esker
+1|6738
That red tag bug, if a guy who has a red tag gets in a tank, does he still carry the red tag?

Last edited by Esker (2006-02-04 23:27:36)

dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6700|The Hague, Netherlands
I also got something strange.
I was on karkand as medic an i killed someone with shock padles; but it said i killed him with LAV 25 :s

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard