Yes, I love the M95.16%16% - 32
Yes, I like to shoot through bullet proof glass.19%19% - 39
No, the crosshairs are bigger than Nyte's ego.46%46% - 92
No, I only use it when I want that vehicle.18%18% - 36
Total: 199
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6140|San Antonio, Texas
In IO, L96, indubitably. What's the point of M95 without vehicles to shoot people out of?

In a reg. game, M95 or L96 when the need arises. I always found the M95 to look like a stronger gun, though. Feel the impact of a .50 cal leaving your rifle. ^_^
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
I usually only whip it out when I need to teamkill a noob that keeps attempting to fly the attack chopper, but can't make it 100ft. off the carrier deck before crashing it into the water.
David.P
Banned
+649|6265
Depends if i'm hunting vehicles then yes. If not then i use the L96.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X
L96 usually, just more reliable.

M95 is fun on bigger maps.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6213|Finland
tbh i DONT use m95 even it pwns IRL, i ONLY use it on wake if there is bullet proof glass and 2+ points inside it.
It's so damn unaccurated and crosshair is big so you cant see anything :S, i dont like to miss headshots because gun sucks...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

I cycle through them all.
senor_fulff
+25|6751|Yorkshire, UK.
hate it... only use it for anti-vehicle action. just far too randomly inaccurate for my liking.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6314|Orrstrayleea
SVD>M24>M95>type88>L96a1
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6294|The | Netherlands
Yes, for teamkilling and getting my vehicle.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6383|Southern California
On vehicle maps I find my self choosing it more often. I also play 1.0 from time to time, so I use it when I want a bolt action as PLA.

Once you get used it it its really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I like it just fine, other then the fact it just seems to miss sometimes.
If your used to it the opportunity to kill a smoking chopper,  or take some one out of a vodnik/hovering chopper is worth the small drop in accuracy(just crouch more often when shooting....)
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6586|Las Vegas, NV USA
The M95 has its advantages:

1.  Shooting through bulletproof glass, damaging light armored vehicles, and blowing up propane tanks/explosive drums.
2.  An alternative weapon to the SVD on SF servers.
3.  Center mass shooting of infantry on IO servers (where kills or kill assists are almost always certain).

The L96A has its advantages:

1.  Very accurate fire at long distances.
2.  Finer reticle to see targets that would normally be hidden behind the thicker reticles of other sniper rifles.
3.  Head shots, head shots, and head shots.

Thus, I'm gonna have to go for a Null Vote.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6518|Singapore
mainly use the M95 on urban maps
FeLBuG
+2|6152
The M95 isn't that bad cause you are able to kill enemies with a single shot and you not necessarily have to aim for the head. The biggest disadvantage of this rifle is that it's not a accurate as the M24 or L96A1... So, it's better for the so called "Combat Snipers" who are using their rifles over short distances and therefore you have a higher probability to kill your enemy with the first shot which is necessary for them...
To use it to kill friendly people who are just faster than you getting a heli or jet is in my opinion bullshit! Who has to use friendly fire to get a heli, is just ridiculous...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

I find that I can often be lucky with the M95, so mostly I use it for "luck".  Really, I'd prefer not to, as it has a very distinctive snapping sound to it, like the PKM's boom.
ssonrats
+221|6637

Longbow wrote:

Dont_be_sS.V2 wrote:

You need the L96 for Long range Anti-Sniper Sniping.
For Anti-Sniper Sniping I'd better choose TV missile
Then i join server and tv you back to where you came from Then dont_be_ss continues sniping

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-07-31 06:03:33)

hi:D
+1|6107

ssonrats wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Dont_be_sS.V2 wrote:

You need the L96 for Long range Anti-Sniper Sniping.
For Anti-Sniper Sniping I'd better choose TV missile
Then i join server and tv you back to where you came from Then dont_be_ss continues sniping
DiS KiD Is HarDcOrE anD BrooTaL
Snailmail852
+0|6151
I say M95 Onlly because you shoot, hear the bang and then there dead:)
Evil_Apu
+40|6575|Denmark
I can't stand L96 in zoom mode, lags incredibly much
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6397|Earth
I am the OP and I never said my position on this. Anyways, I use the M95 around 90% of the time when CQC sniping for the benefit of 1 hit body kills on most targets (For example, on Karkand grenades going off and PKM's firing left and right, most players are bound to be injured a little bit). On maps like Wake, it is hard as balls to hit targets at 350+ meters with the M95, so I stick with the L96 on large maps. I'm more focused on taking out ground targets to worry about shooting choppers down. So to me, the M95 is THE best CQC rifle to use.
Signature
Skullcleaver
+7|6148|Michigan
I find myself using it more now because I tend to suck at hitting moving targets, and for some reason last few weeks I've had better luck sniping moving targets with it. Plus the little extra damage is nice when you pop a supply or assault guy and you try to finish him with the pistol.. Yeah i know i should kill him in one shot...but I end up with too many body shots, no matter what rifle i use.
Skylands91
+2|6106|New Jersey
I prefer the M95...why you ask?

Cuz i dont have SF and havent unlocked the M96
fabiator14
+7|6143|Normandy - France
M95 has a big advantage : high damage.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6711|Scotland
M95 owns.

I guess I like the sound
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord
Excluding SF for obvious reasons...

If I want to use a bolt-action most of the time I would go with the L96A1 because:
it's quieter;
it's shorter (minor difference, but every little helps);
the scope makes it much easier to aim accurately at difficult or long-distance targets;
the lower deviation makes it much easier to aim accurately, particularly if you like to shoot when standing as I do.

But for urban maps fighting close to the action the M95 could have a distinct advantage due to the higher damage to armoured infantry, this could make it a better choice given the right conditions.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6730|Great Wall
I use M95 only when no ammo and pick up someones kit. It's never my choice of weapon to spawn with.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard