Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6584|Washington

vex69 wrote:

Commanders that spot whore suck, im sorry but its retarded, how hard is it to throw uav over the majority of the enemy force? spot the few that are a threat.... just spot them once, no one cares about the commander hiding in a corner, just drop a crate on his ass. The best commander is one that can assist in combat and still do a job of commanding, of course i dont play in 64v64 man servers, in a 32 man tho commander whores suck........... just command and fight......... its not hard if you got a lil bit of skill.......
your such a pimp.. if the Commander says go get that commander hiding in a corner, then go get him. "You have your orders soldier" do what i say, when i say. and stfu.
Jlspence
+4|6709
I agree with most of what's been said.  CO's should generally ONLY spot enemy that are NOT under the UAV, that ARE in proximity to a member of your team and that pose an immediate threat to your team.  There are extenuating circumstances though.  For example, if my UAV is down I might spam spot a key contested flag.

On a side note, when placing the UAV, don't automatically center it over the CP you're interested in.  Instead, position it where it will cover two or more flags, i.e., the center of the UAV is between flag A and flag B.  Also make sure NOT to position the UAV where some of its scan radius is over useless territory out of bounds.
Drexel
+43|6519|Philadelphia

vex69 wrote:

Commanders that spot whore suck, im sorry but its retarded, how hard is it to throw uav over the majority of the enemy force? spot the few that are a threat.... just spot them once, no one cares about the commander hiding in a corner, just drop a crate on his ass. The best commander is one that can assist in combat and still do a job of commanding, of course i dont play in 64v64 man servers, in a 32 man tho commander whores suck........... just command and fight......... its not hard if you got a lil bit of skill.......
How hard is it to turn voices off?

I'd rather have a spamming commander than one that'll let some sniper 400 meters away pop you in the head.  Granted, by spamming, I mean spotting a guy, then spotting him again 10 seconds later when the spot fades into the darkness.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-07-30 13:40:03)

octothorpe
+2|6259
When I first started playing commander, I spammed.  Then, I played the game a little more and realized just how annoying it is.  Usually, I never blind spot unless it's a last resort.  I only spot what scan reveals and that is near troops on my team.  The only ones I spot that are not near others are troops from scan that are in obvious sniper places on certain maps.  That's mostly so I can zoom in and drop a car on them after I'm done spotting from the scan.

Playing commander for me is sometimes frustrating.  There is always that choice to make.  Do you drop the car for the loner stuck in the middle of no where, or do you wait for that vehicle drop request you know will follow it 10 seconds later.  I always drop supplies on any location a squad on my team has just taken or is taking especially if they have any vehicle.  I also just drop them on friendly anti air tanks that are posted up in a spot.  Those things are always running out of ammo if you don't drive them as support.  If no one is requesting supplies, I also drop them on people who just use the "I need ammo" command if I can spot who said it.  I find if I don't do these things, some people will just never ask.  The most frustrating is the SL that spams you with requests even though you've told them they are unavailable and will be received as soon as they are.
Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|6406

.Sup wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Speaking of blind spotting, if you're the kind of commander that likes to randomly spam spot every flag our team has to make sure there's nobody capping it, resulting in 3 mins of nonstop spam and 100 question marks, hang yourself because I hate you.

Also commanders who refuse to UAV and any time I shout at them give me the message "squadleader UAV available on your request"
It's not my fucking job to request every uav where I need it, that defeats the purpose of a commander having a top-down view of the action.
I always do my best by giving UAV and other support but when my assets are down i need to spot randomly. I guess you hate me. Too bad.

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Yes, cause any commander that has any competetion experience, was to learn how to spam spot.
I have experience.
Yeah this really looks like you have EXPerience, with 3 minutes and 21 seconds you need a lot more time to be considered experienced at commanding...

No matter how many times you spot that one lone guy next to a tank the tank will still keep driving to the flag he was going to....
Spam spotting is good to try and get the attention of that tank to take out the one guy that is on the flag next to him and, use Voip to talk to you squads, but dont keep spamming  about the one enemy that is no where near  and of your own forces...

https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/SirAidynSage/Exp.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6822|Great Brown North

.Sup wrote:

Ok Jamesey i see you don't agree with me which i don't mind. I spot everything on the map, i don't spot for only 1 squad.
commanders like you make me have a negative score from stabbing them in the face to make them STFU

we dont need to know where every possible person is at every moment of every game... just the ones that are behind the lines or somewhere thats a danger to teammates

De_Jappe wrote:

and for the love of god, DON'T spot anything under the uav.

Spotting the relevant things are good, spotting everything is annoying as hell.

Last edited by krazed (2007-07-30 15:14:47)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6175|Scotland!

Sir Aidyn Sage wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Speaking of blind spotting, if you're the kind of commander that likes to randomly spam spot every flag our team has to make sure there's nobody capping it, resulting in 3 mins of nonstop spam and 100 question marks, hang yourself because I hate you.

Also commanders who refuse to UAV and any time I shout at them give me the message "squadleader UAV available on your request"
It's not my fucking job to request every uav where I need it, that defeats the purpose of a commander having a top-down view of the action.
I always do my best by giving UAV and other support but when my assets are down i need to spot randomly. I guess you hate me. Too bad.

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Yes, cause any commander that has any competetion experience, was to learn how to spam spot.
I have experience.
Yeah this really looks like you have EXPerience, with 3 minutes and 21 seconds you need a lot more time to be considered experienced at commanding...

No matter how many times you spot that one lone guy next to a tank the tank will still keep driving to the flag he was going to....
Spam spotting is good to try and get the attention of that tank to take out the one guy that is on the flag next to him and, use Voip to talk to you squads, but dont keep spamming  about the one enemy that is no where near  and of your own forces...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/ … ge/Exp.jpg
That obviously isn't his first account.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6496|The Twilight Zone
Sir Aidyn Sage ur a funny guy. My main acc: http://bf2s.com/player/72376754/
Btw my experience with commanding isnt related with pubbing. Ever heard for any league that plays BF2? Try again.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
.Sup
be nice

krazed wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Ok Jamesey i see you don't agree with me which i don't mind. I spot everything on the map, i don't spot for only 1 squad.
commanders like you make me have a negative score from stabbing them in the face to make them STFU

we dont need to know where every possible person is at every moment of every game... just the ones that are behind the lines or somewhere thats a danger to teammates
You my friend are very immature. No one actually flamed in this thread until now. Hey, your mom is calling, you need to go to bed. Good night.

Edit: Ha you edited so i also have too. Have you read my post when i said i dont spot under UAV? Dont think so. Btw your mom is getting angry, better obey her and go to bed.

Last edited by .Sup (2007-07-30 15:16:46)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

.Sup wrote:

krazed wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You my friend are very immature. No one actually flamed in this thread until now. Hey, your mom is calling, you need to go to bed. Good night.

Edit: Ha you edited so i also have too. Have you read my post when i said i dont spot under UAV? Dont think so. Btw your mom is getting angry, better obey her and go to bed.
wow... mom jokes, my god the maturity! how was what i said a flame? :\  me calling you a retarded assfucking noob would be a flame, but i didnt, because im not an asshole

.Sup wrote:

Yes spotting the swimming sniper may not help you but it certainly would help to the chopper crew. Its an easy kill. And whats easier then killing an AFK guy? Being AFK and dieing while parachuting can only happen in BF42.
it can happen in SF on warlord, not really used to SF so i dont know if it can happen elsewhere
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6434|fÄking denmark

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I want the commander to only spot enemies that are at risk to squadleaders or at risk to people capturing/defending flags.

It's no help if the commander is spotting every enemy on the map at the same time, or spotting the same sniper 12 times in one second.
.Sup
be nice

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I want the commander to only spot enemies that are at risk to squadleaders or at risk to people capturing/defending flags.

It's no help if the commander is spotting every enemy on the map at the same time, or spotting the same sniper 12 times in one second.
Hmm yes but the title says Commander spotting not spamming. So if i was unclear, i was asking you whether to use spotting when pubbing or not. So plz no need to mention spamming again.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

.Sup wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Hmm yes but the title says Commander spotting not spamming. So if i was unclear, i was asking you whether to use spotting when pubbing or not. So plz no need to mention spamming again.
you said you spot everything :\ that gives the impression that you spam it

spotting everything always everywhere = spamming
spotting threats as they appear = good commandering

unless this whole thread is just one giant misunderstanding :\

Last edited by krazed (2007-07-30 15:37:05)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6607|Area 51
I want a mute the commander mode. God I hate commanders who think they have to spot ONE friggin enemy 12 times in 1 second. and then when you tell hem that once or twice, until he disappears of the radar is enough and thus needs to stfu. They will give you some smart mouth answer, cuz they know it better. I just fuckin hate it, since they won't stop.

Its like

Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted

And in the end he spotted only 1 out of the 32 opponents. Fuckin cakes.

Last edited by RDMC (2007-07-30 15:37:47)

.Sup
be nice
I dont really agree spotting for more that one squad on different places on the map to be called spamming. This thread wasnt made to ask you whether i'm a spammer or not but to know if you support spotting. Do you want that your commander spots or not? And dont tell me that you want that he spots only for you.
.Sup
be nice

RDMC wrote:

I want a mute the commander mode. God I hate commanders who think they have to spot ONE friggin enemy 12 times in 1 second. and then when you tell hem that once or twice, until he disappears of the radar is enough and thus needs to stfu. They will give you some smart mouth answer, cuz they know it better. I just fuckin hate it, since they won't stop.

Its like

Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted

Hey you should make your own thread and bitch there how you hate commanders.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6607|Area 51

.Sup wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Its like

Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted
Enemy Infantry Spotted

Hey you should make your own thread and bitch there how you hate commanders.
I'd probably get 20 replies with

SEARCH!

3 replies with lmao

5 replies with some smartmouth comment on how spotting and enemy 34 times over and over is a good thing.

Then 4 replies which state that I am correct

and then an admin Moderator comes in and closes it.

Last edited by RDMC (2007-07-30 15:45:33)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6732|London, UK
I spot the enemy a couple of times in order for the tank hoe to cap a flag and then I proceed to type in big yellow/gold writing in caps 'THERES A SNIPER ON TOP OF YOUR TURRET FFS!'
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

.Sup wrote:

I dont really agree spotting for more that one squad on different places on the map to be called spamming. This thread wasnt made to ask you whether i'm a spammer or not but to know if you support spotting. Do you want that your commander spots or not? And dont tell me that you want that he spots only for you.
spotting for more then one squad isnt spamming i agree

spotting random people out in the middle of nowhere or somewhere nobody needs to know they're at is spamming
Nakamp
+25|6237|Czech Republic
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6584|Washington
i never thought about trying to draw things with "enemy spotted", thanks

Last edited by Spider1980 (2007-07-30 16:49:27)

AncientPC
+1|6209
I spot enemies that are a threat and not covered by UAV.

I'll spam spot when there's someone that needs killing and the server doesn't have VOIP.  For instance if on Warlord there's a squad going around trying to cap palace I'll try to assign the closest squad to defend, but if everyone's far away I'll spam spot them.

Is there a faster way of spotting in commander mode besides right-click spot?  I wish there was c+left-click in commander mode.

Last edited by AncientPC (2007-07-31 19:05:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard