FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6405|Belgium
Well, to the one guy calling me ignorant because I claimed I have never seen an aimbot, I hardly play Karkand, IO or not, so that makes the hacker probability a lot lower.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6456|meh-land

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Well, to the one guy calling me ignorant because I claimed I have never seen an aimbot, I hardly play Karkand, IO or not, so that makes the hacker probability a lot lower.
I guarantee you have seen one, probably many, just you didn't know
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6551|Hungary
I dont like these people who fuck up the gameplay and they ruin others fun.
Anyway cant PB detect them ? Maybe they are making these hacks what cant be detected ?
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6134
I've seen the commander hack now and then (I'd say maybe 20-30 times total) and also one potential no-fogger, three definite SVD aimbotters and that's about it.  SVD aside, hacks don't give a huge boost in BF2 compared to games like CS due to the bullet drop, bullet velocity, crap hit reg and vehicles etc.  So, although I rarely see people who are amazingly good (other than the SVD users...), I don't really worry about hacks too much.  I don't doubt it makes a lot of crap cheaters look like 'good' players, but it doesn't make them dominate.  I rarely run into someone who will consistently beat me in a 1v1.

Try playing against a hacker at CS/CS:S or any game with decent hit reg.  They can score about 5 headshots inside a few seconds with any weapon at any range -- you have absolutely no chance of killing 'em.  The same isn't true in BF2 (unless someone is using the SVD in an extremely blatant hacking spree).
Slickfish
+24|6616
It depends on what hacks they are using, some do make them dominate, the only time they get killed is when a group of enemy's get close enough to grenade spam.

I agree hacks are quite common but its not like you find one on every server you visit, I might see 2 maybe 3 dodgie players a month, but then I don't play IO all the time. Outside IO I've not seen that much. So its not that bad really but its still annoying the pathetic f*ckerss.

On the subject of hackers I understand how most are caught, with the PB screenie's, but how would the hack that removes bullet deviation etc be detected???, something that has nothing showing on your screen, surly the PB screenie's would show a legit player!.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6645|pimelteror.de
in a year and a half of playtime, i saw only about five times, that someone used the commander hack (mostly on karkand - where all the idiots are) and there were not many more times, when i thought, someone must be cheating, because they played godlike and always seemed to know, where i was....
but me and my mates got often accused for cheating, because some people have problems with it, that there are things like luck, uav and aiming out there, which make the difference.

you can´t say, that someone is cheating, only because he owns you - there is always someone, who is better at what you think you are a master in.

and there is a simple solution: if you get owned, switch the server... but please don´t call everybody a cheater, if you don´t want to make them having a big laugh at you...
floodgate
+2|6181
i hack

it's fun
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone

floodgate wrote:

i hack

it's fun
Is this a joke? Because i despise people who hack.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6731|Great Wall
I've seen recently 2 guys with SVD sniping and killing in the way I find just impossible. I've got a lot of experience with SVD and I know what this weapon is capable of and what is impossible to do with it. When I saw the guy shooting 3 shots within less than 1 second  and killing at long range like that (like he had no recoil at all. macro or something?). And he was doing it again and again (I was watching him and his targets standing next to him ). Normally recoil doesn't allow you to do it, you need to wait a second to aim properly and shoot again. Only at close range you can forget about it and just shoot quickly. But at long range you hit shit with second and third shot like that.. So I guess he had a kind of program which made SVD to have no recoil, so he could shoot straight at the point without breaks, or it was aimbot which was aiming at body not head (I guess as it was 2-3 shots, kill).

Shit.. If I had no recoil in my SVD I would finish rounds probably 100-0.

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2007-07-30 05:14:48)

Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6176|Wolverhampton
within days of starting to play this game (early this year) I was hit by anti tank missile on sharqi...nothing wrong with that you say...well I had just left spawn in a RIB and was heading over water when I was hit. So tried again, back in the RIB (where the MEC Helo spawns) got sniper rifle zoomed into the fog in rough direction of mainland when I see a trail from AT rocket come straight towards us and blow boat up. That was within days of playing BF2 online for first time. It didnt surprise me at all though, BF2 is protected (thats a joke btw) by PB. Sorry but PB arnt that good at stopping cheats due to their cheat detection process.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
Actually i dont see the point in having punkbuster installed. It doesnt prevent hacking but it does cause some lag right?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6428|UK
go create MD5's for hacks.

simple anyone using it on your server is busted.

i did it and ive caught 5 in the past 2 weeks.

and to answer your question 95% of the community dont hack.

your in the other 5% chris
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6645|pimelteror.de
@chaos_nation:
as a squadleader, you can set a mark on waypoints or where your squad should attack. if you put this mark on fixed targets, or targets you know they are there, like a spawning boat, it is a good way to shoot at stuff which is out of sight. we often do this, to attack stinger positions, being out of their range, but within the range of our tv-missiles.
it can be a cheat, but it could also be a smart guy.. and with the tow-rocket at the hotel of sharqi, you can keep down both choppers, if you know the points to aim at.
baggs
+732|6197
fuck knows, id like to think so, cos then id be right more times than ive been wrong. i see a lot of dodgy shit, but lag can do that. its when ive got clan members on both teams and we know there is absolutely no commander and the same guy just knows ur every move, that concerns me.

in my whole 800/900 hrs playing ive only ever had 'macro' called against me and that was while i was in the AH-1Z. You can check my stats, im not a bad player but never ever been called an aimbotter/wallhack.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6337|New York
I've seen only a few of them in my time on BF2, and they were the obvious ones like the command hacks.  Half the battle I think is playing on servers with good admins that promptly kick and report cheater/hackers.
Teflonspray
+2|6461

octothorpe wrote:

Saying you haven't seen anyone cheat in thousands of hours of play means you either play on a server that's not well known or play single player only.
I think all the bots in single player, per definition, has aimbots.

But, on topic, besides a handfull of wall glitches, I have never seen a hack in 500 hours of playing this game. If someone kills me, my first thought is not that the other player must be using hacks, to have brought me down, but rather that I could have done better. I have never felt that I have a disadvantage over someone, you could always just have brought a bigger gun. I am not saying that there are no hacks in BF2, pictures and movies, posted on this forum suggest against that, I just say that I have yet to see one for myself. I am positive that there have been people with hacks, on the same server as I have been playing (people cheat all the time, everywhere, why not in computer games as well?), but it has never affected me, or the way I play.

As others suggest, maybe I have been spared these cheats, since I keep away from Strike at Karkand. It is a rather boring map, to me.
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6176|Wolverhampton

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

@chaos_nation:
as a squadleader, you can set a mark on waypoints or where your squad should attack. if you put this mark on fixed targets, or targets you know they are there, like a spawning boat, it is a good way to shoot at stuff which is out of sight. we often do this, to attack stinger positions, being out of their range, but within the range of our tv-missiles.
it can be a cheat, but it could also be a smart guy.. and with the tow-rocket at the hotel of sharqi, you can keep down both choppers, if you know the points to aim at.
I can agree with you in part, pre sighted targets are a legitimate reason to get hit, except we were on the water when we were hit and took two different routes (was in totally separate areas of the water)....
_1_MAN-ARMY.12
Banned
+1|6109|Southern California, USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I've seen like 20 hackers on IO servers.

And like 5 on ordinary server.

Tanks>Hacks.
I've seen alot, lol.

I know about 5 people who hack and haven't been caught.

And atleast 30 people that I knew were hacking. The People taking on squads of 4 with the SVD and getting kill streaks of 60-0+ on Karkand IO servers, and some obvious wall hacks.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6119|So Cal

DjDave wrote:

LoL i got a battlerecorder of a guy wallhacking on Sharqi and no one even noticed him. I've seen hundreds of hacks (Moongamers mostly) lol I usually get screenshots or FRAPS video of it. I got a good obvious screenshot of 2 people wallhacking in Karkand and the admin wouldnt kick them.
Why do you people call it wall "hack" when it's actually a BF2 glitch. Sure it's pussy ass cheating, but it's no hack. lol

Last edited by GraphicArtist J (2007-07-30 10:37:38)

https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
TGMaverick
+16|6223
I've only seen a couple of cheaters while I've been playing -- 2 guys were glitched inside of a building near Hotel on Karkand, and the other time was when the same 2 guys kidnapped me.  They were on the other team, one killed me and the other revived me.

Oh, and over the weekend I was accused of cheating for the very first time (in this game).  Kind of gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
darkhorror
+1|6266
Recently I have seen a ton more hackers on our server, we actually caught 6 in 2 days with PBSS just a couple weeks ago. Then we had one yesterday and the day before. Then some inbetween that time. Those are just the ones I caught, could very well have more.

Heck some of these guys aren't even very good, but every once in a while I see them do something that they shouldn't be able to so I check them out.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6802|Marathon, Florida Keys

darkhorror wrote:

Recently I have seen a ton more hackers on our server, we actually caught 6 in 2 days with PBSS just a couple weeks ago. Then we had one yesterday and the day before. Then some inbetween that time. Those are just the ones I caught, could very well have more.

Heck some of these guys aren't even very good, but every once in a while I see them do something that they shouldn't be able to so I check them out.
6 hackers lol, when im on your server you IMA guys are the only competition on there.....the noobs must not know how to hack right.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
floodgate
+2|6181

.Sup wrote:

floodgate wrote:

i hack

it's fun
Is this a joke?
no

it's only a fucking game dude
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6428|UK

floodgate wrote:

.Sup wrote:

floodgate wrote:

i hack

it's fun
Is this a joke?
no

allthough i hate hackers as much as the next guy, i do have to agree with him

at the end of the day its not a serious crime, its a game.

and aslong as hes having fun who cares.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6682|London, UK

Cookie.VXT wrote:

floodgate wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Is this a joke?
no

allthough i hate hackers as much as the next guy, i do have to agree with him

at the end of the day its not a serious crime, its a game.

and aslong as hes having fun who cares.
Thats the whole point of the game to be fun, but remember he pays for something that will do everything he wants like shoot, drop supplies and if he wants to cheat play on unranked servers where punkbuster ain't on....but wait hes hacking cause he wants to those l33t e-awards given by EA/Dice, oh yeh and also hes sick of getting pwned by good players and cause hes shit and needs to feel better. Let me guess 'floodgate' you think you 'pwn' don't you?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard