Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6362|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Just wondering, after quite so many threads in recent weeks about hacking, hackers etc, what the communities views were about the hacking phenomenom on BF2. Admin's experiences of increased bans? Or is this just a phase?

Unfortunately I know quite a few people who have been caught cheating in the past and recently, certainly in my experience the numbers getting caught has increased dramatically of late. This exposer, in both forums and in games to 'hacks' has a detrimental affect on all gamers, whether it turn them into hackers or just get them pissed off with BF2.

Isolated incidences or not, it does worry me that hacking is becoming more 'avaliable' to access as people post their woes.

P.S. Im going on hols for a week so I hope you guys are constructive in this post during my absence
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium
People have been crying since the start of the game and they will till the end. 70% of these so called hackers posted here aren't even hacking.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

its becoming 1942 where there are so many hackers it just becomes part of the game, unfortunately it happens.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6362|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

People have been crying since the start of the game and they will till the end. 70% of these so called hackers posted here aren't even hacking.
Im actually talking about the number of bans on PB and the fact that more people hear of hacking through these posts so there is an increased possibility some might take advantage of hacks, even if the hacking post is false.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

There have been an increased amount of posts lately, but in 1000hours Ive still only seen it once - and that was only after it was confirmed by a pbss. Maybe Ive been lucky so far, but I stay away from any and all karkand servers so go figure
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

People have been crying since the start of the game and they will till the end. 99% of these so called hackers posted here aren't even hacking.
Fixed.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6523
Ive seen it on several occasions. Raining cars and supply drops as well as SVD wonders. Me and my clanmate spawned on different sides on Karkand and were both gunned down in a matter of a split second by a guy who is really good with an SVD. He ended up with a score of about 90 and 1 or so but I didnt stick around too long to figure out how high he can go.
SteikeTa
+153|6740|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
There are plenty of hackers out there. In every server I was in when I used to play I encountered one or more. When I get killed, it's because of a hack. Damn I hate it. Nothing to do with my lack of skills.....
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium
The only hack I've ever witnessed in game was the lame ass commander hack. I saw that thrice. I have yet to see a wallhack or aimbot.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

I run into a hacker about once avery two weeks.  Even with Aimbots, most people who use them surely suck.  Don't like Aimbots? Get them from behind.  I never really have ever found an aimbot hacker.  I have been suspicious.  But also, I yell 'Fucking nice Aimbot' out loud every time I run a nice death streak.

The only obvious hackers are the commander hacks.  Raining Constant Artillery, Vehicles, or supply drops.  Or the fun UAV drop. 

In 1000 hours in BF2  Approximate Instances:

5  Artillery Hacks
10 Vehicle drop hacks
5 Supply hacks
2 UAV drop hacks

Suspicious Aimbot, Visual hacks....Maybe 20 times.

It sucks when you see a hacker, but it just sticks out in your mind.  Its really not all THAT common.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6523

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

The only hack I've ever witnessed in game was the lame ass commander hack. I saw that thrice. I have yet to see a wallhack or aimbot.
lol Thats because there is no easy way to tell this in BF2 apart from reviewing battlerecorder footage and even then it can be tough depending on the person.
DjDave
+1|6681
LoL i got a battlerecorder of a guy wallhacking on Sharqi and no one even noticed him. I've seen hundreds of hacks (Moongamers mostly) lol I usually get screenshots or FRAPS video of it. I got a good obvious screenshot of 2 people wallhacking in Karkand and the admin wouldnt kick them.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6515|Little blue planet, milky way

RoosterCantrell wrote:

In 1000 hours in BF2  Approximate Instances:

5  Artillery Hacks
10 Vehicle drop hacks
5 Supply hacks
2 UAV drop hacks

Suspicious Aimbot, Visual hacks....Maybe 20 times.
I run into them EVERY day.. they're in EVERY game (well, ok most, but probably not all). Thing is that only the REALLY stupid ones are the ones you SUSPECT, and thus you get the numbers listed by Rooster.

As for the "UAV drop hack".... Try playing on ANY server that ends the game a couple of seconds BEFORE the last ticket is lost. Be the cmdr, and spam UAVs just after you get the "round is over"  message.... I've managed to spam more than 15 UAVs in that time. When the game "resumes" (you hear the end of gmae music) and just before you see the scores, you can watch the UAVs drop... It's really fun, and I've spooked a LOT of people with this trick as CMDR. No hack required. (note this doesn't work on servers without the end of game delay)

But to return to the hackers. Look at the 2-3 major sites SELLING hacks.. they have 100's of thousands of subscribers. Ok, some of them ALSO sell hacks for other games than BF2 and BF2142. But even if only one in 10 is a BF2 player, thats still 10's of thousands of BF cheaters. And anyone who pays to cheat is in my book (well, at least if they're as cheap as I am), a heavy player. Someone who gets the most "bang for his buck". Not someone who plays like 3-4 times a month, 'coz that'd be a waste of cash (though I did see one site advertise that it's good that you can score very high when you play very rarely (like THAT'S going to go by unnoticed). Lets just say someone who plays at least 3 hours a day, for the sake of argument. Use your own assumptions/math if you want. That means about 1 in 8 are online RIGHT NOW. So we're still talking THOUSANDS of cheaters who are playing BF2 NOW.... And with only about 1000 ranked servers, that's an average of more than one cheater pr server.
You just dont NOTICE the majority because they're either very good at cheating, or so bad at the game that you dont NOTICE they cheat because they STILL can't keep up with the good players. OR they all play on some very specific servers.

On the DOWNSIDE (for the IO whores, like me), it appears that most of the cheaters are here (at least the obvious ones), and the number has HEAVILY increased since I stopped playing about 8-10 months ago. Today you cant even PLAY sniper on an IO map anymore because of the cheaters who instantly point their LMG at you and mow you down at 300 yards while running, and you can't even SEE the shooter through the fog, but that doens't matter, he can still hit YOU. That DIDN'T happen 8-10 months ago before I quit.

On the UPSIDE (for the non-IO whores), apparently the hacks are only really good for infantry combat, because I can still own on non-IO servers, or even a good karkand server if there's vehicles.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
I dont notice them.

There has been one time i thought a guy had an aimbot, and one time the other week when i saw the commander hacks (i really dont mind when people use them, its fun ).

But i reckon there must be a lot more than i see judging by posts on forums like this one.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6634|can
Back in 2006 hackers were very rare and I only saw like 2, but in the last few months I've been meeting one every week or so..

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2007-07-30 01:27:49)

Balok77
+28|6140
zomg haxor noob

really when people die on this game who think they are good or are high rank the instantally start blaming people for hacking. People need to learn how to deal with the fact there are kids in Korea playing this game all day and night,,,,,lets be honest as soon as u become the best at someone is gonna appear behind you almost as good

point and example Federer and Nadal
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6588|Michigan, USA
On my groups servers we generally see atleast one a week, its sad.  Not to many wall glitchers anymore, just Commander hacks going off like crazy
octothorpe
+2|6209
In the comparatively little time I've played BF2, I haven't met a single hacker.  I have met plenty of cheaters though.  I've seen the commander cheat countless times.  I've seen the name cheat.  I've seen the glitchers.  I've seen the aimbot users.  It's the curse of every FPS game made to date.  The coders keep making it too easy for the few who actually write the hacks.  Most of these games lack any sanity checking at all before executing something.  The reasons companies like PB don't help much is how they detect them.  It's the same reason Virus Scanners are losing the battle for years now.  Definition based security after the fact does not help.  Sure they can remove it after it's detectable, but what about what it did while it wasn't...  The larger problem is the gaming industry itself.  Companies don't look at games like other software.  Bugs can persist for years in games and it's not supposed to be a big deal.  "It's just a game".  No, it's a product and a service that is paid for with real money just like any other piece of software or subscription.  This is also the same reason most game companies have little to no customer service.  They just want the fast cash and say "every game has bugs..."  "such and such isn't doing it any better than we are...".  The whole gaming industry is shit.  Poorly coded shit that falls back on the ever increasing hardware race to make their games playable.[/rant]
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada
They do it for the Lulz.
octothorpe
+2|6209

LT.Victim wrote:

They do it for the Lulz.
Yeah, some of them do.  They are the same people who make griefer accounts and get their kicks off of frustrating people.

Personally, I never understood it.  You pay money for a game.  You buy it for entertainment value.  Then you pay or go out of your way to not play it by using cheats.  Seems retarded to me.
Dersmikner
+147|6490|Texas
An aimbot is a hack. For that matter so is a "macro". I don't know jackshit about either to be honest, but to my understanding they're ways to make the game easier through artificial means, and that's what I call a hack.
_1_MAN-ARMY.12
Banned
+1|6109|Southern California, USA
It will just get worse and worse. Pretty soon it will be like CS and the hacks will become more cheaper and better.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land
there are tons of hackers, probably at least one or two in every 64 player server, most likely more

you just can't tell usually because aimbots are harder to see when spectating now, and most hackers hide their hacks so its not quite as obvious
meh

there are plenty of hackers in vehicle servers, but they usually only use zoom hacks, occassionally a wallhack, and dot hacks

you will rarely, but from time to time see a vehicle with an aimbot, but thats pretty rare because vehicles have a limited traverse rate...
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6665|A sunburnt country
I've been playing for over 1000 hours and don't believe I've ever come across a hacker.  Sure there are guys that are really good, I myself get accused all the time.  In my experience, it's usually little kids that can't handle being beaten that make the accusations.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Hacking is only a problem on IO servers. On real servers hacking is all but nonexistent.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard