Poll

Would you?

Yes70%70% - 78
No29%29% - 33
Total: 111
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Yeah. Go back in time, put my hand over the singularity that was there before the big bang so it can't explode and go "lol"
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

David.P wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'll take the DeLorean, something has to be done about Marty's kids y'know!

But here's a question if you went back in time and got your past self rich it wouldn't happen because if your past self was rich he wouldn't use the time machine to go back and get rich, this was told by Rich.
Unless you told your past self how to build the machine and make him build it before he gets rich that way a paradox is avoided.
I'll crack his head off the sink, and he'll say, 'My god! I has invented the Flux incapacitator!"
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6604|Sin City

SEREMAKER wrote:

yes ............................. go back to that certain night and tell myself to           "Pull Out"
Muhahahaha............win.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

M.O.A.B wrote:

David.P wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'll take the DeLorean, something has to be done about Marty's kids y'know!

But here's a question if you went back in time and got your past self rich it wouldn't happen because if your past self was rich he wouldn't use the time machine to go back and get rich, this was told by Rich.
Unless you told your past self how to build the machine and make him build it before he gets rich that way a paradox is avoided.
I'll crack his head off the sink, and he'll say, 'My god! I has invented the Flux incapacitator!"
Holy shit your a genius! Now if only had some plutonium hmm...? I know some Libyans let me ring them up.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

David.P wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

David.P wrote:

Holy shit your a genius! Now if only had some plutonium hmm...? I know some Libyans let me ring them up.
lol, remember ur bullet proof vest.
agent146
+127|6357|Jesus Land aka Canada
ya..........buy some 1996 google stocks
Dragonclaw
+186|6276|Florida
I probably would but the thing is if you go back in time to try to stop something catastrophic no one will believe you.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Personally I'd beat up Bill Gates and steal his idea, or if I failed at that, beat up Richard Branson and steal his idea.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA
At the time of some horrible happening, I always want to go back and change it.

But as time goes on, you realize that if you change that so much wouldn't have happened...

No I wouldn't change anything.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

M.O.A.B wrote:

David.P wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol, remember ur bullet proof vest.
Dont worry i'll pack some heat aswell just incase(AK47 with a sawed off barrel)
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6636|NT, like Mick Dundee

Not going to say what and why but yes.

Yes I would.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
golgoj4
+51|6745|North Hollywood
No, i've seen too much sci-fi to know that the chances of fucking something up are too great.

People point to back to the future as example of a way they could fix thing, but people aren't that stupid. Even in the 50's.

just my 2 cents tho. I have regrets, but nothing i wanna go back in time and fix. I would still be just as naive.
PureFodder
+225|6256
See the 80s again? no thanks, once was once too many.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

NO.

IRONCHEF wrote:

But, I would not change something huge, like taking out Hitler or something, because for some reason (maybe my sense of history) there would have been someone else doing the same thing.  Maybe it would have been Stalin expanding into Europe.  Surely that would have been harder to fight off than Hitler and his war machine.
Beat you to it.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-26 16:31:44)

IRONCHEF
+385|6462|Northern California
Yes.

But, I would not change something huge, like taking out Hitler or something, because for some reason (maybe my sense of history) there would have been someone else doing the same thing.  Maybe it would have been Stalin expanding into Europe.  Surely that would have been harder to fight off than Hitler and his war machine.

I'd change small things I thought were insconsequential enough to not jack up the whole world.  For starters, I'd stop a friend who slaughtered 5 people.  I'd then change some things in my family like buying our first home right after we got married when the housing market was growing because if I did that instead of buying last year...i'd already have half a million in equity and could move to Montana.  Ok, an overshare, but that's one thing I'd change.  But I'd keep my changes as local as possible.  Gotta keep the space time continuum safe by all means!
topal63
. . .
+533|6689

IRONCHEF wrote:

... I'd stop a friend
Am I reading that right? Wow double tragedy then - bad enough it happened - but by the hand of a friend (someone close - you know)... wow!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
No. The risk of severe and unintended consequences is too high.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

I don't know what I would change.  So many things to think of....

Hitler
9/11/01
School shootings...

probably a school shooting.  it didnt do any good and didnt change a thing.

Really though, so many peopleare afraid to cahnge something because of the outcomes.   

I quote Garth From Wayne's World

Garth wrote:

Change? We fear change.
Never know, change can be good.
Smitty5613
+46|6497|Middle of nowhere, California
yes, i would go back in time and tell Hillary Clinton's father to put on 2 rubbers....
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6256|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Yeah, I'd go back in time to kick some Nazi ass.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

Rather than give you the illusion of free choice, I will decide for you when... well.. I'm really not at liberty to say.

I don't know dude, it'd be cool but what if the G-man appears?
ReDevilJR
+106|6322
I would somehow prevent 9/11. (But then again, it may have led up to a bigger disaster)
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
No, although stryyker's idea is very appealing.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I'd go back to Roman times with an Abrams and own them at some battle, then in history there'll be talk of some metal beast they killed millions of Legionnaires or something. It'd be cool watching arrows bounce of ma armor .

That or take out every evil dictator that has ever lived, warn people about disaster and get the name of 'Future Teller' then when we pass the time that I went back in time, I'll just say I'm retiring as I don't know jackshit about what's going to happen.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-26 17:09:54)

ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6168|Cali
what if you could go back in time, but it was @random times and you had no control? What if you ended up in the Medieval times? Then what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard