Poll

Who's more responsible for "pussification" of America

Liberals64%64% - 48
Conservatives/Republicans/GOP35%35% - 26
Total: 74
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Liberals and conservatives alike, for alternatively encouraging it or refusing to stand up to it.

CameronPoe wrote:

1) Personally I don't see how the US has 'pussified'... 2) acted stupidly maybe but not pussified.
1) Too afraid to trod on toes (on multiple fronts) for fear of crippling lawsuits.
2) If you want evidence that we've been dumbed down, take a look at our popular media.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-25 23:40:39)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6129|North Tonawanda, NY
Why have some schools eliminated dodge ball?

Because it "excludes" certain kids.  Bullshit.

Why have some parents pushed for abolishing red ink for grading?

Because it is "too stressful" for kids.  Bullshit.

Why have some schools banned "tag"?

Because it "creates self-esteem issues" with certain kids.  Bullshit.

Things like this are the Pussification of America.  Add "Overbearing Parents" to the list, and I will vote for it.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA
*face desk*

I'm fucking drowning in the ignorance here guys.. come on.. seriously.

Liberals get rid of dodge ball and all that other shit?  No, like the guy above said ^^ it's the parents, liberals have nothing to do with it... even if the people may be liberal? hell, I don't know, you can find wack jobs wherever you look.

Liberal vs Conservative.

Democrat vs Republican.

Christian vs Atheist.

It's called divide and conquer and it happens to be one of the most effective ways to control the masses, as long as they're fighting against each other they're not focused on the real problems in society.  It's like political correctness, just an sorry attempt to try and take your eyes off of the real happenings.

EDIT: Wait, you live in Portland, and I agree?

I just got that.. actually I live in a suburb of portland... but yeah lol

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-07-26 00:47:38)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Liberals. They get all hot and bothered over the dumbest of things. Maybe they're just angry because we've had a republican president for a while...
PureFodder
+225|6284

XBurnerX wrote:

When i think conservatives, I think of people who work for a living, defend their families to the death, and wont hesitate to kick the shit out of the person that tries to impose on their freedom.
Unless that person imposes on their freedom under the name of the war on terror, they they'll happily sell off the entire bill of rights.
velocitychaos
+26|6495|Brisbane Australia
You have a cat problem in America?

We also have a cat problem in Australia!

Isn't that strange.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6372|Kyiv, Ukraine
The question is sort of "push poll" ish...it assumes that America as a whole has been pussified.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Liberals and conservatives alike, for alternatively encouraging it or refusing to stand up to it.

CameronPoe wrote:

1) Personally I don't see how the US has 'pussified'... 2) acted stupidly maybe but not pussified.
1) Too afraid to trod on toes (on multiple fronts) for fear of crippling lawsuits.
2) If you want evidence that we've been dumbed down, take a look at our popular media.
Firstly I'd say the US has been incredibly successful in its attempts to push towards an all out fascist regime, not exactly the kind of regime I'd describe as 'pussified'.

Secondly, are you talking about becoming 'pussified' or dumbed down? ...I wouldn't have thought the two necessarily go hand in hand.
JG1567JG
+110|6587|United States of America

usmarine2005 wrote:

9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
I don't know if they are responsible for the pussification of America but they are the most overturned court in America. 
I would probably have to go with the parents.
David.P
Banned
+649|6272

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

David.P wrote:

the National league of lesbians and gays?
You might want to check your source, if you have one, no such organisation exists.
I forgot what they're actual name was. Gonna try to find it.
confused
+10|6392|British Columbia

CommieChipmunk wrote:

*face desk*

I'm fucking drowning in the ignorance here guys.. come on.. seriously.

Liberals get rid of dodge ball and all that other shit?  No, like the guy above said ^^ it's the parents,
I think in most cases the parents are responding to outside influences.  Psychology is the root of all this bullshit.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6164
I don't know
XBurnerX
+5|6603|MS - US

XBurnerX wrote:

Drakef wrote:

XBurnerX wrote:

Its the liberals that ban things like dodgeball in school because they dont want anyone to be singled out or get hurt aw, poor little things.  People vote for republicans because they want someone who is going to be a hard ass and not take shit from people.  Thats how ole' GW got in there...too bad he turned to be a retarded hard ass lol

When i think liberals i think PETA, Green Peace, ACLU, and every other group trying to put daisies on fucked up situations.

When i think conservatives, I think of people who work for a living, defend their families to the death, and wont hesitate to kick the shit out of the person that tries to impose on their freedom.
Your ideas on political ideologies are amazing...Idiotic, but amazing.
Thas ok. You stay in Canada, and I'll stay here in the best country in the world.  Enjoy your "free" health care.
I defy anyone to find one point in my statement that criticizes Canada.  Its hilarious that you waste all that time to type something that has no relevance.  I didnt make generalizations; hence I put "when i think..." in my sentances to inform the reader of my opinion.  Its also hilarious that you "wouldnt for a second pretend that Canada is the best country in the world." 

Be prepared to defend my comments?  wtf?  What i think is what I think.  See, in my country I am allowed to voice my opinion without fear of having that opinion silenced.  Nice job on throwing the first stone for the thought police! 

And so i repeat.  Its OK!!! you stay in Cananda, and I'll stay here in the best country in the world.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6360|Vancouver

XBurnerX wrote:

XBurnerX wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Thas ok. You stay in Canada, and I'll stay here in the best country in the world.  Enjoy your "free" health care.
I defy anyone to find one point in my statement that criticizes Canada.  Its hilarious that you waste all that time to type something that has no relevance.  I didnt make generalizations; hence I put "when i think..." in my sentances to inform the reader of my opinion.  Its also hilarious that you "wouldnt for a second pretend that Canada is the best country in the world." 

Be prepared to defend my comments?  wtf?  What i think is what I think.  See, in my country I am allowed to voice my opinion without fear of having that opinion silenced.  Nice job on throwing the first stone for the thought police! 

And so i repeat.  Its OK!!! you stay in Cananda, and I'll stay here in the best country in the world.
An even stranger response than your first one.

Firstly, I might comment that you criticized the Canadian health care system. That might qualify as finding "one point in [your] statement that criticizes Canada". Additionally, you seem to believe that the United States is a better place than Canada. Although perhaps not truly within the definition of criticize, I found it brought an interesting angle to the discussion. I simply preferred that you defend your belief in your nation as the "best country in the world". However, you failed to bring up one point other than attempting to skirt the issue with by using personal statements such as trying to mock my writing. I'm sure it was "hilarious".

Secondly, I would like to point out your generalization that "the liberals..ban things like dodgeball in school because they dont want anyone to be singled out or get hurt". Perhaps that most strongly points out your ideals of generalizing, attempting to attack all liberals. While you do write of what you think, it still reveals some generalizing. I'm not saying that you necessarily will always use generalizations, as I do expect further comments from you to improve your reputation- It's not below you to forget your original statement and instead provide some evidence as to why liberals are at fault for the "pussification" of the United States of America (although, that seems like a generalization to me). Yet, I see no attempt by you to prove your comments other than trying to avoid the issue. You do well at that, by failing to answer the issue entirely and attempting to attack my credibility through personal attacks and sketchy arguments about freedom of speech. I might answer that I never spoke once of the freedom of speech, but rather instead that if you insist on making foolish comments, that you might as well be prepared to answer to criticism. You can attempt to attack me with statements such as "Nice job on throwing the first stone for the thought police!", but in reality, what you said has no weight other than some emotional and irrational response to me criticizing you. By all means, criticize Canada, as I have invited you to do, but foolish arguments that the United States enjoys a greater level of freedom than my nation only harms your credibility. Ironically, you seek to attack my credibility with little success.

Finally, I would ask why it is so hilarious that I refuse to identify my nation as the greatest? Are you so blinded that you assume that everyone must think their nation is the best? I can admit my country has faults; can you do the same about yours? I will repeat, that I desire to hear that you defend your statements, about why the States is the greatest, why liberals as at fault, or anything you try to say. Hell, while you do ignore these issues, you might even try to proficiently make an excellent point on attacking me- You fail to even prove why my first treatise "has no relevance!"
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

In your opinion, who is responsible for the "pussification" of America?

Ill hold back my opinion for now.
It depends on how you define "pussification."

On the one hand, you could say liberals encourage people to sympathize too much with criminals and the "lazy" poor.

On the other hand, you could say conservatives encourage people to become paranoid at even the slightest Islamic influences in our culture.

Personally, I'd say political correctness and paranoia have pussified us, not the left or right specifically.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

XBurnerX wrote:

Drakef wrote:

XBurnerX wrote:

Its the liberals that ban things like dodgeball in school because they dont want anyone to be singled out or get hurt aw, poor little things.  People vote for republicans because they want someone who is going to be a hard ass and not take shit from people.  Thats how ole' GW got in there...too bad he turned to be a retarded hard ass lol

When i think liberals i think PETA, Green Peace, ACLU, and every other group trying to put daisies on fucked up situations.

The best country in the world?...  You live in Norway? 
liquix
+51|6452|Peoples Republic of Portland
technological progress has physically made us weaker, if this is what you mean by "pussification."  Although I am in the gym every day, I feel I'd be a much tougher person if I was hunting and toiling against the elements every day.
XBurnerX
+5|6603|MS - US

Drakef wrote:

XBurnerX wrote:

XBurnerX wrote:

An even stranger response than your first one.

Firstly, I might comment that you criticized the Canadian health care system. That might qualify as finding "one point in [your] statement that criticizes Canada". Additionally, you seem to believe that the United States is a better place than Canada. Although perhaps not truly within the definition of criticize, I found it brought an interesting angle to the discussion. I simply preferred that you defend your belief in your nation as the "best country in the world". However, you failed to bring up one point other than attempting to skirt the issue with by using personal statements such as trying to mock my writing. I'm sure it was "hilarious".

Secondly, I would like to point out your generalization that "the liberals..ban things like dodgeball in school because they dont want anyone to be singled out or get hurt". Perhaps that most strongly points out your ideals of generalizing, attempting to attack all liberals. While you do write of what you think, it still reveals some generalizing. I'm not saying that you necessarily will always use generalizations, as I do expect further comments from you to improve your reputation- It's not below you to forget your original statement and instead provide some evidence as to why liberals are at fault for the "pussification" of the United States of America (although, that seems like a generalization to me). Yet, I see no attempt by you to prove your comments other than trying to avoid the issue. You do well at that, by failing to answer the issue entirely and attempting to attack my credibility through personal attacks and sketchy arguments about freedom of speech. I might answer that I never spoke once of the freedom of speech, but rather instead that if you insist on making foolish comments, that you might as well be prepared to answer to criticism. You can attempt to attack me with statements such as "Nice job on throwing the first stone for the thought police!", but in reality, what you said has no weight other than some emotional and irrational response to me criticizing you. By all means, criticize Canada, as I have invited you to do, but foolish arguments that the United States enjoys a greater level of freedom than my nation only harms your credibility. Ironically, you seek to attack my credibility with little success.

Finally, I would ask why it is so hilarious that I refuse to identify my nation as the greatest? Are you so blinded that you assume that everyone must think their nation is the best? I can admit my country has faults; can you do the same about yours? I will repeat, that I desire to hear that you defend your statements, about why the States is the greatest, why liberals as at fault, or anything you try to say. Hell, while you do ignore these issues, you might even try to proficiently make an excellent point on attacking me- You fail to even prove why my first treatise "has no relevance!"
My God man! <--- in my best Shatner voice

*sigh* where to start? If someone says enjoy your "fill in the blank", that is NOT criticism.  What sort of logic do you use to reach that conclusion?  If i were to criticize I would state that something is less than acceptable and that I could do it better.  I dont give a shit about how good OR bad Canada is.  After talking to you I am glad i dont.  I'm proud of where I live; that is all that I intended in my statement.

I'm ashamed that I've let you make all my posts be about something that isnt relevant to the topic itself.  I pointed ONLY 2 facts, liberals attempt to take all semblance of victory and accomplishment from our American youth, and Americans want the decision makers in their country to stand up for them with courage and honor.  The rest of my post is about what I think of regarding liberals (which is PETA, ACLU, etc.), and what I think of regarding conservatives (hard working, family oriented, strong, etc.)   Recap: you said my views were idiotic; I said thats okay.  Done.  Why the fuck am I still typing?!  I'm assuming you're the type that has to have the last word; you can have it.  I'm through posting on this topic.
Dragonclaw
+186|6304|Florida

XBurnerX wrote:

Fucking.Win.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker

Harmor wrote:

Can you edit the poll...I want to say Feminists.
QFT
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6569|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Well there's been a Republican at the helm for the past 6 or so years and most of that time there was a Republican majority in the house and senate so you can draw your own conclusions...

Personally I don't see how the US has 'pussified'... acted stupidly maybe but not pussified.
i think he means on the homefront tintin.
l41e
+677|6647

XBurnerX wrote:

When you think liberals, you fail at thinking.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6548|CH/BR - in UK

Null Vote. It's the parents who are giving way to influences from lame psychological studies that 'prove' things. We live in an age where everything we touch causes cancer, anything short of kissing your kids' feet is neglect and everyone seems to know the answers to the problems we have. The more studies I hear of, such as is the case in banning dodgeball, tag etc from schools, the more I'm convinced that psychologists do not earn their pay, but simply throw up the contents of a game of scrabble and see if they can come up with a new 'study'.
This is not the liberals' fault. This is not the conservatives' fault. It isn't just a group of people. This is much more, it's a whole society being pulled around by their noses by these people who claim to know the answer to everything. It's the blind trust in 'experts' that leads to such 'pussification'.

-konfusion
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6129|North Tonawanda, NY

konfusion wrote:

Null Vote. It's the parents who are giving way to influences from lame psychological studies that 'prove' things. We live in an age where everything we touch causes cancer, anything short of kissing your kids' feet is neglect and everyone seems to know the answers to the problems we have. The more studies I hear of, such as is the case in banning dodgeball, tag etc from schools, the more I'm convinced that psychologists do not earn their pay, but simply throw up the contents of a game of scrabble and see if they can come up with a new 'study'.
This is not the liberals' fault. This is not the conservatives' fault. It isn't just a group of people. This is much more, it's a whole society being pulled around by their noses by these people who claim to know the answer to everything. It's the blind trust in 'experts' that leads to such 'pussification'.

-konfusion
QFT.
The_Mac
+96|6224

CameronPoe wrote:

Well there's been a Republican at the helm for the past 6 or so years and most of that time there was a Republican majority in the house and senate so you can draw your own conclusions...
Unlike an ideal socialist government, people can agree/disagree with how things are done, and can come up with their own ideas. Your conclusion that the Republicans are and were responsible for the pussification of America is the most worthless conclusion ever. The state does not control how people think--I know you'd want it that way, but in a free country, it's not quite like that.

Might as well say the democrats are war supporters because LBJ(Democrat if you didn't know) declared a huge war in Vietnam and immediately started pumping troops into the area.

It's nice that you visited the Middle East (I don't know if you actually observed anything there, except how peaceful Islam is, sure) but maybe you should actually visit America before you make stupid comments.

k30dxedle wrote:

XBurnerX wrote:

When you think liberals, you fail at thinking.
Despite the fact that all are against the Republican party and vote liberal/democrat--nice.

Last edited by The_Mac (2007-07-28 16:51:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard