Other9%9% - 27
Total: 288
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

lowing wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I have one small question. 

Now picture those queer eye for the straight guy dudes.  Why didn't they talk like that when they were ten years old if you are born with it?
Maybe for the same reason you didn't talk about fuckin the shit outta your best friends mom at that age either??
Fair.....

13 yrs old then.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

jonsimon wrote:

lowing wrote:

For all those that think homosexuality is a "personal choice":

Please describe to the court, the exact moment in your life when you made the conscience decision that you prefer a female over a male. Tell us all, when you weighed all the facts, why you CHOSE females over males. Please tell us what was going through your mind the night before you had to make your decision, or the pressures you were under. Enlighten us on who you talked to, before making this decision. Did you talk to a priest, your counselor, maybe your mom and dad or even your friends? Maybe you read books on the subject so you could make an educated decision.
It had to be a tremendous life altering decision you made. Please share your decision making experience with us.
Lowing being intelligent and rational? This deserves a +1.
Well, even a broke clock is right twice a day jonsimon.

Are you sure you don't feel like you need a shower for giving me a karma??
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

lowing wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Now picture those queer eye for the straight guy dudes.  Why didn't they talk like that when they were ten years old if you are born with it?
Maybe for the same reason you didn't talk about fuckin the shit outta your best friends mom at that age either??
Fair.....

13 yrs old then.
OK 13, well then.................ummmmmmmmmmmmm...................I have no idea
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

usmarine2005 wrote:

My guess is for the same reason Angelina Jolie didn't act like a sexpot at age ten, they hadn't hit puberty and become overwhelmed with the idea of getting off with someone. Men have a lot of genetic material to spread around and look for a mate who is not only healthy enough to bear his offspring, but also docile enough that he can have his way with her. Even if some of the wiring is screwy with these guys, some of it is still like the straight guys so they're looking for a partner who isn't a physical threat. There are a lot of gay guys that act like normal dudes. Maybe they're actually more gay, since they're not only attracted to the same sex's equipment, but are looking for that sense of security that women would normally find attractive in a man.

The reverse of this would be true for lesbians. Even though they're attracted to chicks' bodies (very understandable), they still look for a mate who will be able to protect her while she's with child and partially incapacitated.

My other theory is that being gay is so freaking stressful (gay bashers, losing touch with friends/family, buttsecks & sperm-breath) that it makes them nuts. Pun intended.

Of course, we could answer this whole question by just finding a queen or a butch and asking them.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

chittydog wrote:

Of course, we could answer this whole question by just finding a queen or a butch and asking them.
Where is bubbalo whe you need him?

I kid

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-07-25 21:23:16)

CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6516|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

topal63 wrote:

It is not a genetic disorder/condition.
It is not a mental disorder/condition.
It is not predicated upon a gene (there is no such thing as a gay gene).
It is not a personal choice.

It is something other: it is a matter of genetic expression & potential based upon sexual differentiation during fetal development and puberty.
very true - but i believe it still can be a choice.
How can it possibly be a choice?

Committing homosexual acts is a choice. But if you weren't gay you really wouldn't enjoy it. You don't choose what you enjoy, it comes naturally.
this is what i meant.  sorry i wasn't around to debate with, but after my post on page one, i had to go. /dumb

some people can choose to enjoy what they want with time.  examples: coffee, scotch,   ...gayness
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

Friends of yours?  How do you know how they talked when they were kids?
Probably the way they talk now is forced for the show.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Havok wrote:

Klinka-Klinko wrote:

Using a G36E.
That would be a great sig, except the gun isn't a G36E.  It looks like a G36 to me.

To Lowing, I choose to be heterosexual every single day.  It's not a one-time decision that you make.  There are countless people that have 'rediscovered' themselves by becoming gay.  By your logic, they couldn't just become gay because they were straight before.  I choose to be heterosexual because, to me, it seems like a more enjoyable life style.  There are other people who don't see it that way, and because of it, they become homosexual.  It's all based on preference, which is a choice.
You are saying that you choose to be straight or gay each day of your life, just as you would choose to wear a coat or a heavy sweater outside depending on what mood you are in that day?? Well please post back and tell us how you cope, on the days you wake up in the mood to suck a dick.
ROFL.
BVC
+325|6693
I believe that a combination of genetic AND societal factors make someone more predisposed to homosexuality, and that the relative amounts and even the specific factors themselves vary from person to person; for one person their upbringing could be the main factor, for some it could be their friends, in others various gene combinations could be the deciding factor.

I don't believe it is a disease/condition.

Last edited by Pubic (2007-07-26 04:42:24)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
Isolation induces Homosexuality. This means non-Coed schools.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

If you are straight, you can be in a fishing boat with 60 fishermen and nothing will happen.  At least, it won't be your call.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

sergeriver wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

If you are straight, you can be in a fishing boat with 60 fishermen and nothing will happen.  At least, it won't be your call.
Fishing boat for a few days is fine. Think of it like in prison, how many man on man anal rape has occur? There is bound to be homosexual acts if you haven't seen someone or interacted someone from the opposite sex in months.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6438|A drop house
Homosexuality is a personal choice influenced by life experiences. The fact that I could suddenly make the choice to be gay tomorrow is proof. To simple? It’s Occam's razor.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fishing boat for a few days is fine. Think of it like in prison, how many man on man anal rape has occur? There is bound to be homosexual acts if you haven't seen someone or interacted someone from the opposite sex in months.
What?  No, thanks but no.  I wouldn't cross that line even if I had to be in the fishing boat for a long time.  Are you suggesting that the crew members of a nuclear submarine sailing for a long time have sex with each other?  And raping is not a choice.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

sergeriver wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

What?  No, thanks but no.  I wouldn't cross that line even if I had to be in the fishing boat for a long time.  Are you suggesting that the crew members of a nuclear submarine sailing for a long time have sex with each other?  And raping is not a choice.
Proverbs from lowing:

A man can build 10,000 bridges. If he sucks one dick he will never be known as a bridge builder.
jonsimon
+224|6493

lowing wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

lowing wrote:

For all those that think homosexuality is a "personal choice":

Please describe to the court, the exact moment in your life when you made the conscience decision that you prefer a female over a male. Tell us all, when you weighed all the facts, why you CHOSE females over males. Please tell us what was going through your mind the night before you had to make your decision, or the pressures you were under. Enlighten us on who you talked to, before making this decision. Did you talk to a priest, your counselor, maybe your mom and dad or even your friends? Maybe you read books on the subject so you could make an educated decision.
It had to be a tremendous life altering decision you made. Please share your decision making experience with us.
Lowing being intelligent and rational? This deserves a +1.
Well, even a broke clock is right twice a day jonsimon.

Are you sure you don't feel like you need a shower for giving me a karma??
Nah, I've done it before and credit where credit is due.
liquix
+51|6452|Peoples Republic of Portland
I believe homosexuality is a physiological condition. Surely one must choose to act upon their biological drive,  to me it's no different than myself choosing to pursue women. People are free to do what they want.  Anyway, it's none of my damn business who other people choose to love. As long as the love-ed is capable of reciprocating said love, ie - conscious human being ( non-child.) Also, homosexuality is very common in nature so don't act like it's a human only thing. Furthermore, I realize that there are those who practice homosexuality/bisexuality as a lifestyle choice; but for the vast majority who hide their feelings for years, or those who come out with their feelings and are abused both mentally and physically, ask yourself why would they choose to embrace something that 90% of the people (including their family) will hate them for.

As my parents always said, take a walk in someone else's shoes before you pass judgment.

PS: yes arguments for it being wrong according to biology, in a non-reproductive sense are valid. However, so is using contraceptives in a heterosexual relationship. I bet nearly every person who claims homosexuality is "wrong" or "sick" uses contraceptives of some kind.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

sergeriver wrote:

Is Homosexuality a choice or a condition?
In most cases, both.

There is a genetic/neurochemical component to homosexuality, but at the same time, certain life experiences can lead to becoming gay as well.

Apparently, a large portion of the gay community has suffered sexual abuse during childhood.  In many cases, this abuse plays a large part in determining whether or not a person becomes gay.

Then again, there are cases of being "born" gay.

Sexuality is far too complicated of a mental state to generalize as simply genetic or environmental.  This is why many of the Religious Right fail to understand the nuances of homosexuality.  They'd like to categorize it as a choice or disorder, but it's just not that simple.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6360|Vancouver

N.A.T.O wrote:

Homosexuality is a personal choice influenced by life experiences. The fact that I could suddenly make the choice to be gay tomorrow is proof. To simple? It’s Occam's razor.
You can choose to perform a homosexual act, but that does not necessarily make you gay. You are naturally heterosexual, and would not want to do such a thing, same as a homosexual man with a woman.

Homosexuality is not a choice, but something that comes naturally.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6288|Éire

Turquoise wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Is Homosexuality a choice or a condition?
In most cases, both.

There is a genetic/neurochemical component to homosexuality, but at the same time, certain life experiences can lead to becoming gay as well.

Apparently, a large portion of the gay community has suffered sexual abuse during childhood.  In many cases, this abuse plays a large part in determining whether or not a person becomes gay.

Sexuality is far too complicated of a mental state to generalize as simply genetic or environmental.  This is why many of the Religious Right fail to understand the nuances of homosexuality.  They'd like to categorize it as a choice or disorder, but it's just not that simple.
I would pretty much go along with this. Life has so many variables that many cases of homosexuality may be influenced by different factors aside from genetic or neurochemical ones. Experience in early life must surely have a large effect on sexuality (like in the case of abuse and so on).
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ

Turquoise wrote:

I tend to consider homosexuality as some form of genetic "disorder". Before the flame fest begins let me explain: The only reason why one might call homosexuality a disorder is the fact that it contradicts man's innate "instructions" concerning the reproduction of the species.
I understand that many people react to the term disorder, and I admit it sounds kind of wrong given that homosexuality causes no harm, especially since there is no need as of late for humans to reproduce any more (in fact there's a need for us to stop ) and since there are ways of going around that tiny problem too. It's sort of like calling a bald man sick. Technically it may be correct, but practically there's nothing wrong with them.

Surely though, I would not dare blame sexual abuse as a reason for homosexuality, given that not all victims have shown such tendencies, while at the same time, many people who have been living a perfectly "normal" life somehow do.

Also, calling it a choice implies that if someone really wants to, he may become a homosexual just like that. I don't know if that is possible. Hell, come to think of it, I wouldn't call it a mental state either. That also implies that its all in one's head, and that he/she could change if they so wish for some reason.
As far as the religious right is concerned, or any other haters for that matter, I think it's more convenient for them to consider homosexuality a choice. That way their racism and hatred can be justified.
ƒ³
Turquoise
O Canada

oug wrote:

I tend to consider homosexuality as some form of genetic "disorder". Before the flame fest begins let me explain: The only reason why one might call homosexuality a disorder is the fact that it contradicts man's innate "instructions" concerning the reproduction of the species.
I understand that many people react to the term disorder, and I admit it sounds kind of wrong given that homosexuality causes no harm, especially since there is no need as of late for humans to reproduce any more (in fact there's a need for us to stop ) and since there are ways of going around that tiny problem too. It's sort of like calling a bald man sick. Technically it may be correct, but practically there's nothing wrong with them.

Surely though, I would not dare blame sexual abuse as a reason for homosexuality, given that not all victims have shown such tendencies, while at the same time, many people who have been living a perfectly "normal" life somehow do.

Also, calling it a choice implies that if someone really wants to, he may become a homosexual just like that. I don't know if that is possible. Hell, come to think of it, I wouldn't call it a mental state either. That also implies that its all in one's head, and that he/she could change if they so wish for some reason.
As far as the religious right is concerned, or any other haters for that matter, I think it's more convenient for them to consider homosexuality a choice. That way their racism and hatred can be justified.
Good points...  I would agree.

Although I think the word "anomaly" would probably work better than "disorder."

Other animals have been shown to exhibit homosexuality, albeit a small minority of them.  The same is true of humans, but the higher incidence of homosexuality among humans than in most animals is probably a result of our complexity.  Most psychologists claim that sexuality is a spectrum rather than an "on/off" switch.  This explains why some people are bisexual.

In most cases of bisexuality, the person isn't attracted equally to either gender.  He or she still prefers one over the other, but the fact that the person is still open to the other option indicates that they are near the "middle" of the spectrum.

I figure if sexuality was a binary mindset, no bisexuals would exist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Turquoise wrote:

oug wrote:

Good points...  I would agree.

Although I think the word "anomaly" would probably work better than "disorder."

Other animals have been shown to exhibit homosexuality, albeit a small minority of them.  The same is true of humans, but the higher incidence of homosexuality among humans than in most animals is probably a result of our complexity.  Most psychologists claim that sexuality is a spectrum rather than an "on/off" switch.  This explains why some people are bisexual.

In most cases of bisexuality, the person isn't attracted equally to either gender.  He or she still prefers one over the other, but the fact that the person is still open to the other option indicates that they are near the "middle" of the spectrum.

I figure if sexuality was a binary mindset, no bisexuals would exist.
Sorry, there is no such thing as bi-sexual..

If you, as a man, suck a dick, you are GAY. If you also eat pussy, you are a fag who eats pussy.

There is a line in the sand, a point of no return, once you cross it, that is it.

This of course only applies to guys and ugly women

Beautiful women who eat pussy, well, that is poetry in motion, and perfectly acceptable and normal. They can hop over that line in the sand at their leasure.

Don't ask me why, it is just the way it is. And far be it from me to go against society.
Turquoise
O Canada
LOL...  All I can say is...  I like lesbian porn... 
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ

lowing wrote:

There is a line in the sand, a point of no return, once you cross it, that is it.

This of course only applies to guys and ugly women

Beautiful women who eat pussy, well, that is poetry in motion, and perfectly acceptable and normal. They can hop over that line in the sand at their leasure.

Don't ask me why, it is just the way it is. And far be it from me to go against society.
HAHAHA!!! Seconded! Lesbian porn ftw
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard