kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland

SEREMAKER wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Just a regular question, does NASCAR regulate the ammount of power one car can have, or is it like free for all (like F1.)?
its highly regulated
yep, very highly regulated. i think a few races ago 2 cars were banned from taking part and had points removed from their championship placing because of disallowed parts of a car (i can't remember what it was..)
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6557

leetkyle wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Just a regular question, does NASCAR regulate the ammount of power one car can have, or is it like free for all (like F1.)?
its highly regulated
yep, very highly regulated. i think a few races ago 2 cars were banned from taking part and had points removed from their championship placing because of disallowed parts of a car (i can't remember what it was..)
Junior or Gordon, maybe both.
specops10-4
+108|6740|In the hills

m3thod wrote:

ig wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

its funny how alot of people are like "no skill" but have never tried to drive at 200+mph with 40+ guys all trying for 1st place
qft anybody that says any kind of racing takes no skill is a fucking idiot

m3thod wrote:

So the skill is.....avoiding crashing into one another....excuse me while I stick to F1.
like this guy
F1 > NASCRAP

deal with it pothead.

GO HEMP!!!
Dude, you're a fucking idiot!  This thread is not about F1 versus NASCAR!

I love how you never like to talk about what the original poster is saying, and bring in your own bullshit.

However, I think both NASCAR and F1 do take similar levels of skill.  They are just in different forms, and take different types of skills.  And they both require lots of skill to compete in.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6637|Your moms bedroom
Nascar takes skill................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... NOT

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-07-25 13:40:31)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

Ok, because F1 is just a Ferrari dominant game.

I much like WCR more. The teamwork of the navigator and the driver.
nlsme
+48|6412|new york

rawls2 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Of course NASCAR takes skill, it's just less skill than F1 which in turn requires less skill than WRC - how those rally drivers drive like that and stay alive baffles me. Rallying's insane - but interesting to watch. the only downside is they don't race head to head.
How many passes do you see in a F1 race. Very little if any. Nascar takes more "driving in traffic" skills.
Not really. How often do you see someone going around a traffic circle more then once? F1 drives through city streets, requiring more skill to pass. In nascar, you usually get help passing someone from a teamate.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland

nlsme wrote:

Not really. How often do you see someone going around a traffic circle more then once? F1 drives through city streets, requiring more skill to pass. In nascar, you usually get help passing someone from a teamate.
Generally, the only reason you have a teammate is for funding of the company! It would be rare to see two drivers actually helping each other. The only reason they would probably go out of line is if they think they will get a spot. Like in that clip in my original post, Kyle Busch went out of the draft to go and pass, and was immediately losing speed. A lot of people then moved over to his side because they though they might make a pass - thus resulting in a new draft. It is really very intense to watch.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK

nlsme wrote:

Who karma'd me?

LOL now you did. whoever is out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah i got that too.. "karme me K?"
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America

m3thod wrote:

nlsme wrote:

Who karma'd me?

And I as well, wtfbbq?
nlsme
+48|6412|new york

leetkyle wrote:

nlsme wrote:

Generally, the only reason you have a teammate is for funding of the company! It would be rare to see two drivers actually helping each other. The only reason they would probably go out of line is if they think they will get a spot. Like in that clip in my original post, Kyle Busch went out of the draft to go and pass, and was immediately losing speed. A lot of people then moved over to his side because they though they might make a pass - thus resulting in a new draft. It is really very intense to watch.
I like nascar, just stating that teammates DO help pass. More often then not.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6578|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Of course NASCAR takes skill, it's just less skill than F1 which in turn requires less skill than WRC - how those rally drivers drive like that and stay alive baffles me. Rallying's insane - but interesting to watch. the only downside is they don't race head to head.
How many passes do you see in a F1 race. Very little if any. Nascar takes more "driving in traffic" skills.
Have you ever watched an F1 race? The assumption that there could ever be an F1 race with no overtaking is mind boggling.

You see lots of overtaking, even at Monaco. The overtaking tends to be more exciting too - Alonso overtaking Massa last week was pretty intense.
senor_fulff
+25|6757|Yorkshire, UK.

xXCortoMalteseXx wrote:

Haven't seen too many nascar races, though I'm European...
But think I'm more of an WRC dude. Rally man Rally
yup rally is for real nutters. anyone who can throw a car round a bend with a sheer drop on one side, missing trees by inches on the other whilst doing 80mph sideways on mud in total darkness needs balls of steel and unbelieveable skill IMHO...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Ugh...

Euro = F1
US = Nascar

Euro = Football (soccer)
US =  Football

Now some may like the other and so on....
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Me (from UK) = NASCAR
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

The only car racing I care for Le Mans.  F1 is entertaining for awhile.  NASCAR is my queue to take a nap.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The only car racing I care for Le Mans.  F1 is entertaining for awhile.  NASCAR is my queue to take a nap.
Le Mans <3. I was hoping to go next year, but I have my GCSEs - I saw the videos of it this year.. pretty insane! I want one of those Panoz'! NASCAR should not be a nap queue though
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6565|Mountains of NC

m3thod wrote:

nlsme wrote:

Who karma'd me?

ha ha ha I got that too .......karma bandit

I forgot Nascar Bush Series also uses your F1 tracks

https://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/.element/img/2.0/sect/races/tracks/ahr/340x157.gif

and the Sonoma Track

https://www.tickco.com/images/tracks/infineon.gif
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
howler_27
+90|6684
I love most forms of racing, however, I havn't watched a full Nascar race this year.  I truely feel that it is loosing credibility due to the fact that they seem to be changing the rules weekly, and make them up to favor certain drivers at certain times of the year, in order to keep the drama going. Sure, any form of racing takes skill and stamina, but I really think that Nascar is more about the pagentry and glamor moreover the other forms of racing.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6547|CH/BR - in UK

Eh - I don't particularly like racing, or most sports for that matter on TV. I like playing them, but not watching them. The only 'sports' I like watching are Poker and Pool on ESPN xD
So I don't care how much skill it requires, I'm still not interested in watching cars go in circles...

-konfusion
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA
NASCAR!!!!!!.............Because not everyone can drive around in circles!!
Ratzinger
+43|6389|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
NASCAR - Very close high speed racing on VERY predictable and well known OVALS for the most part, in high-powered and highly regulated cars.

F1 - High speed racing on VERY well known circuits, in VERY high tech cars which may have a significant difference between front runners and also rans (When I say well known tracks, I mean they know EVERY MILLIMETRE of every bend).

Rally - High speed racing in incredibly powerful cars on tracks WHICH THE DRIVER HAS SEEN ONCE, on varying surfaces in varying conditions.

Michael Schumacher said that he thought rally drivers could probably adapt to F1, but F1 drivers would find rally EXTREMELY difficult......

For me Rally is by far the most interesting and difficult form of motor sport.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

OP: Thank you for posting something out of the norm here.

m3thod wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

its funny how alot of people are like "no skill" but have never tried to drive at 200+mph with 40+ guys all trying for 1st place
So the skill is.....avoiding crashing into one another....excuse me while I stick to F1.
Yes. It's not exactly like the arcade, where you can just pop back on the track, flashing in and out of existence for three seconds.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
Stop thinking NASCAR takes more skill than F1. It doesnt! Everything complicated that they do in NASCAR they do in F1, and more.
confused
+10|6391|British Columbia

ig wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

qft anybody that says any kind of racing takes no skill is a fucking idiot

m3thod wrote:

like this guy
I would say that no one on these forum could step into either vehicle and compete at any level. 

An F1 driver would be more likely to win in Nascar than a Nascar driver would in F1. 

Drag racing doesn't look like it has much skill either, but I think a drag racer would be better at either Nascar or F1 than Nascar and F1 drivers would do in drag racing.

Rally racing is most difficult.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6547|CH/BR - in UK

: /
Come to think of it, I only like motor sports if they're jumping x)

-konfusion

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard