P3R3K
+0|6701
The service ribbons such as the Gold Scimitar are achieved after 10 hours of playing as that force. I know this because I was just under 10h starting playing tonite and when i went to switch servers after a coule of rounds i noticed I had won the ribbon. Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I dont recall seeing it in the Wiki.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6796|Noizyland

Everyone thinks they've uncovered the secret, but they're always wrong. There's always someone who has had it different, getting the ribbons in five hours or whatever. I honestly don't know, but as I have them I don't really care anymore.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
P3R3K
+0|6701

Tyferra wrote:

Everyone thinks they've uncovered the secret, but they're always wrong. There's always someone who has had it different, getting the ribbons in five hours or whatever. I honestly don't know, but as I have them I don't really care anymore.
Damn mystery ribbon! I bet it has something to do with score as well then.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6835
You mean Middle East service ribbon.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6810|Singapore

And I was happy for all of 2 seconds.

Golden Scimitar my ASS i'm working my ass off for that one.
Speelbal
+146|6773|Netherlands
EA doesn't know either.  :P

IF time is +10
          {Do Null}
ELSE
           {Set true}
           IF
                   Structure <>0
                                         DO WHILE
                                                       {Nothing}
                                                       {Return, 'MEC ribbon'}
SET {Hooray}

Last edited by Speelbal (2006-01-13 03:06:02)

Bio-Hazzard
+1|6680|Australia
I thought I new what the requirements were after reading all the posts but after checking my stats nothing adds up maybe its a random thing (Roulette Ribbons)
Perhaps EA has someone on staff that goes mmmmmm who gets this ribbon today LOL
Im just happy that i have 2 of them and i'll keep playing if i get them i get them if i dont well i'll still keep playing
But people should stop guessing and wait untill it comes out 100%
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6727|Antarctica
The vBF2 theater ribbons are so easy to get now who cares what the req's are.
tF-afrojap
+124|6868|SF

Speelbal wrote:

EA doesn't know either. 

IF time is +10
          {Do Null}
ELSE
           {Set true}
           IF
                   Structure <>0
                                         DO WHILE
                                                       {Nothing}
                                                       {Return, 'MEC ribbon'}
SET {Hooray}
hahahahah thats gold.
You actually forgot to make it an endless loop. For those who didn’t know, this is what is being calculated during the verifying client data.

(JUST KIDDING)
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6762|Clinton, MD, USA
My brother just got it after playing MEC for exactly 15 hours. Check his stats http://bf2s.com/player/James_Coloso/

Last edited by ST19AG_WGreymon (2006-02-02 18:45:11)

SammyIAm
+0|6680
My and my brother's theory is that the service ribbons are awarded for time spent in certain theaters.  i.e. The scimitar is given after a certain ammount of time playing on a map with MEC, and the China one is given after an ammount of time spent playing on Chinese maps.  Seems like a logical explanation.

How long?  Well at least 15hours.  ST19AG_WGreymon's brother got it in exactly 15 for MEC.  P3R3K got it after about 10 as MEC, but probably played as US on some of the Middle Eastern maps.  If anyone feels like testing I'd be curious to know if this is what it is.
sinir
damned
+2|6840|Boston
What BS!  I had to play 250 hours before i got those stupid badges
Tagmaestro
+6|6726|New Jersey
I'm pretty sure that you get them after playing each map once in each ribbon's respective theater. So, you'll get the Middle-East one for playing every map involving the MEC and the Far-East one for the PLA maps.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6858
Easy Bunny hop across Karkand with GL while Calling for kik votes. You can not however use the bridge. As it resets.  When you reach us uncap main you must steal tank n spawn kill. I have it on pretty good authority.
kiries
+4|6717|monastery of funk
i have played about 70 as china
-=THC_RU=-
+0|6730

Tagmaestro wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you get them after playing each map once in each ribbon's respective theater. So, you'll get the Middle-East one for playing every map involving the MEC and the Far-East one for the PLA maps.
Exactly!!!
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6849|Australia
MEDAL or ribbon?
they are both different.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6700|Denver, CO
http://bf2s.com/player/raistlin5556/

PLA ribbon at 3:26 PLA Time and 4:55 PLA TiT... go figure
wicked289
+0|6721|riverside, ca
as someone said earlier, u get the mec and pla ribbon after playing every map that those armies r on.
stubby
+-1|6690|Sydney, AUS
for everyone who doesnt no the reqs. for the MEC and PLA ribbons are as follows:

MEC

-5hrs in theatre
-play all MEC maps

PLA

-5hrs in theatre
-play all PLA maps

i hope that clears this up for anyone wondering and has solved many annoying questions
Princess_Frosty
+0|6706
Im after my Special Forces ribbons, i've got all but 2 (well 3 but one is unobtainable) i've probably played MECSF maps the most and thats exactly the ribbon im missing, i think for the SF ribbons it must be at least 5 hours on each map for that faction, or something similar, some of the SF maps i hardly ever play!
Antsy
+0|6691

stubby wrote:

for everyone who doesnt no the reqs. for the MEC and PLA ribbons are as follows:

MEC

-5hrs in theatre
-play all MEC maps

PLA

-5hrs in theatre
-play all PLA maps

i hope that clears this up for anyone wondering and has solved many annoying questions
rubbish. i have both and haven't played PLA theatre for 5 hours.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard