Poll

Single fire for headshots?

3-4 body shots for easy kill66%66% - 127
more difficult headshot, all the time33%33% - 63
Total: 190
Djbrown
+129|6503|Adelaide, Aussieland
So ive been practicing with the L85A1 recently and ive been trying to use only single fire but its really annoying me with the random deviation, even while im prone and scoped, the bullets never go perfectly in the crosshair. some im wondering, when your using single fire (on the 1-shot kill guns like AKs, G3 L85 etc) do you go for 3-4 body shots, which are almost 100% guaranteed to hit, or do you take the extra time, and probably ammo to go for the headshots, everytime?

plz dont skew this poll by stating how 'pro' you think you are by headshotting everyone, all the time. i just want to know what % of people ONLY go for headshots, because i get the feeling my rego is killing me with the L85, i cant headshot anything with it, i always go for the 3-4 body shots
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada
Unless they are lying down in the prone position (In which case I aim for their head), then I always aim for their chest.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6659|pimelteror.de
It depends on the range between me and my opponent, but usually, i aim for the head with the L85. It can be the Medics SVD, but on some Servers you won´t hit an Elephant with it.
But most of the time, you just have to be a little more patient with it. It doesn´t like quick firing.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6470|meh-land
aim for the head with any weapon.  Generally the spread will either land two or three headshots (bad hitreg ftw) and then you start getting body shots
san4
The Mas
+311|6695|NYC, a place to live
I almost always go for body shots, but I think that is the wrong thing to do. I'm working on getting myself to go for head shots automatically, but body shots are a hard habit to break.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6386|MN
I don't like using single shot.  I just tap the button once on full auto to get the same effect. The best technique with the L85A1 is aiming for the chest.  Too much random deviation for head shots at range, but seems to be very good at taking down others if you take the time to line them up well.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6397|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Full auto with this thing is a joke. but you wont catch me using a g36 as usmc
Dangles
+3|6208
LOL its browny

Try to get headshots but they only land half of the time.

Last edited by Dangles (2007-07-24 23:36:24)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6470|A W S M F O X
Up close its all about HS, but gurther away i tend to go for body.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6628|Gold coast, Aus.
if i know I can hit the headshot then I will, but if I know i will run out of mousepad or its too hard a shot to risk it, I body shot.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6372|California
Always headshot for me, I tend to use Auto for headshots with weapons that have auto.
For burst I always use single.
keyoshi
+28|6426
I only shoot for head if they are: prone, on mounted MG's (even if I'm behind them), sniping / lookin through hmm...iron sites or sights? and don't notice me, or if I am sniping.

But on karkand, I will usually always aim for the body, especially at distance, although the M16 is headshot god.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6335

gene_pool wrote:

but if I know i will run out of mousepad
lol what?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6770
I aim for the big toe.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada

Sgt.Gene wrote:

I aim for the big toe.
Good thing you don't have very good aim, as you would never kill anyone..

The Foot takes no damage in BF2
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
Considering I mainly use the M16, whenever I use it on single shot I will aim for their body and fire 2 shots. One will hit the upper body and the second one will either miss, or hit close to or will actually hit the head because of the recoil made by the first shot.

After some carefull thinking.. I actually never do that. I just fire away untill he eventually dies, or me

Last edited by RDMC (2007-07-25 01:49:27)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

LT.Victim wrote:

Unless they are lying down in the prone position (In which case I aim for their head), then I always aim for their chest.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6497|Menlo Park, CA
aim for the dome in close, aim for the body in medium to long range. . . .
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6388|Oslo, Norway
I aim for the chest everytime, but the weapons recoil can give you a headshot if you're lucky.
Revelation_Space
+3|6277
It depends what weapon I'm using, and how far away my target is, but I almost always aim for the head. With sniper rifles I aim for the head every time.
spuddy1981
+10|6369|england
I only go for head shots against a target that isn,t moving.  eg sniper/some1 who thinks there in cover.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

Djbrown wrote:

So ive been practicing with the L85A1 recently and ive been trying to use only single fire but its really annoying me with the random deviation, even while im prone and scoped, the bullets never go perfectly in the crosshair. some im wondering, when your using single fire (on the 1-shot kill guns like AKs, G3 L85 etc) do you go for 3-4 body shots, which are almost 100% guaranteed to hit, or do you take the extra time, and probably ammo to go for the headshots, everytime?

plz dont skew this poll by stating how 'pro' you think you are by headshotting everyone, all the time. i just want to know what % of people ONLY go for headshots, because i get the feeling my rego is killing me with the L85, i cant headshot anything with it, i always go for the 3-4 body shots
I take headshots every time IF and only IF its not a moving target. And yeah, i can understand when it seems like all the bullets are going around the target, but never ON it. Its an on and off gun the L80 is. Still pawns though.

Last edited by Ashlite (2007-07-25 03:47:50)

Shakez
+39|6177
Body shots on running enemies.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6551|Sverige (SWE)

Revelation_Space wrote:

It depends what weapon I'm using, and how far away my target is, but I almost always aim for the head. With sniper rifles I aim for the head every time.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
It depends on my distance from the target, and also whether they are moving.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard