Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
For some reason my processors are idling at 50%, im not sure if it has anything to do with the 4 virus's that just got caught as they tried to install on my system but were removed. Anyone think one could possible have got through?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

bring up task manager and check which program is using all that CPU time
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
explorer is apparently...
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6315|New York
In the start menu go to run, in the run box type in msconfig.  Click on the startup tab and see what programs are running once you turn the machine on.  Uncheck any programs you don't need running in the background constantly.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6494|Little blue planet, milky way

Vilham wrote:

explorer is apparently...
Uh... been there... I've had it run 100% a LOT... That's why I changed all my single core machines to either Linux or dual cores... At least explorer can only hog ONE thread.... I've yet to identify what causes this, but I do know of at least 2-3 items that will cause this behavior:
Attempt to copy file that's "missing" (ie to/from a network drive that's no longer connected)
Attempt to delete, move or rename a defective .AVI file (there's a KB on this with MS)
Programs that are attempting to manipulate your system restore settings.

How to fix the problem..... Well, I dont know... Like I said, my "solution" double up on the resources, or remove MS windows (btw; I have not yet had this issues with running windows in a virtual machine, then again... I've only had my virtual installation for like 2 months, as I recall, it takes a while for the problem to appear)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Well i found the cause. The trojans that tried to do stuff that norton found actually managed to install into my windows system files, when i ran a ad aware and norton it crashed to blue screen when i tried to fix it. Lucky its a dell and i can just do a full restore and get a brand new software system in 5 minutes
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
spyware/virusses r teh nasty
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
Yeah, that's what happens when you use Norton.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
lol. Well more like thats what happens when you download cracks from dodgy sites.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-07-24 09:51:14)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

CrazeD wrote:

Yeah, that's what happens when you use Norton.
St.BADSHOT
+6|6217

Vilham wrote:

Lucky its a dell
Not flaming, but that's not a phrase you hear everyday.
The#1Spot
+105|6510|byah
Switch to the firefox browser. At the most it runs at 20% cpu usage when I have 15web pages up at once and still it dosent occur often.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
Sounds like you might have yourself a Zombie.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6553|MANCHESTERRR
Vill!

i had same problem as you

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64358

turned out it was over heating after all that, cleaned out CPU heatsink and problem was gone
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

']['error wrote:

spyware/virusses r teh nasty
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

The#1Spot wrote:

Switch to the firefox browser. At the most it runs at 20% cpu usage when I have 15web pages up at once and still it dosent occur often.
lol i used firefox. Explorer = windows...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

pers0nah wrote:

Vill!

i had same problem as you

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64358

turned out it was over heating after all that, cleaned out CPU heatsink and problem was gone
Yeah but my problem was definately this trojan, ive done a fresh boot and it has no slowing off the CPU's and explore uses nearly 0% CPU time.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

Vilham wrote:

The trojans that tried to do stuff that norton found actually managed to install
Norton
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard