sinir
damned
+2|6835|Boston
If I get one I'm quiting...
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6761|Houston, TX
Not I said the dog....
But I'll help anyone get one.  PM me and I'll find the time to kill you repeatedly.

[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6737|Switzerland
hehe... I haven't got it either and I would like to keep it like that. Was almost there a few days ago with 4 kills and 19 deaths... uff! Was a real shitty round...

Btw, it's funny, that most of us are happy without it. Here's the description of the "real world PH":

The PURPLE HEART is awarded to members of the armed forces of the U.S. who are wounded by an instrument of war in the hands of the enemy and posthumously to the next of kin in the name of those who are killed in action or die of wounds received in action. It is specifically a combat decoration.

In fact, a great honor to get one...

For all who are interesseted in more about it: http://www.purpleheart.org/explain.html

Last edited by [FB]Eraser (2006-02-02 09:22:13)

Lt.Lacey(CAN)
+0|6677
I dont really understand what you have to do for a Purple Heart.....Some one tell me?
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6691|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
maintain a 1:4 kill to death ratio basically 5 kills and 20 deaths however that works out
BVC
+325|6711
I got it on purpose so I could have another medal.  Then a few weeks later I came home drunk as hell and got one by accident, but it didn't show in my tally
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6710|Howell, Mi USA
Basically 1 kill every 4 deaths
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
JimCognito
+10|6697
HAHA!  TeH PurPlE hEarT iz 4 TeH n00bz!  J00 aLl r bUnNy h0pP3rz n d0lPhIN D|v3rZ!!!!!
Wargru
+0|6683|Norway
dont have one, but arent medals rewarded to u if u play good?
Purple heart is awarded to u if u suck!?
I know how to get one, but getting a medal cus u play bad is kind of.... lol
Or maybe i get it, its a mark on u that means "U have been pwned!"

o well, who cares about it anyway.
Herbmaster007
+-4|6758
but has to be at least 5 kills to 20 deaths.

Last edited by Herbmaster007 (2006-02-02 11:21:46)

dh124289
Anything but what it is now!
+11|6692
Here's another link with some interesting stuff about the real life purple heart medal:

http://members.aol.com/warlibrary/theheart.htm

I got my one and only purple heart in BF2 the first time I played karkand on a full 64 player server.. having never played the demo of BF2 or learned how to play in unranked/single player mode. So I'm kinda proud of it in a perverse sorta way.. everyone is a n00b to begin with!

And as a previous poster pointed out, having the PH in RL is agreat honour. Although then again you can be awarded it for shooting yourself while cleaning your weapon :S

Last edited by dh124289 (2006-02-02 11:27:13)

Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6775|Campbeltown, Scotland
No purple heart for me.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6789|California, US
i dont have it and dont want it!
slimer
+0|6685
don't have one but i'm sure I came pretty close when I first got the game.
morbesso666
+0|6780|Givataim, Israel
Lol yes I recognize i got it 4 tiems although it writes that I only have 1...
I got those while trying knife badge pistol badge and sometimes explosive badge when i was on 64 players full karkand server.
ComradeWho
+50|6711|Southern California
yeah always thought it was funny that a lot of people try to get that one. regardless of what it means in real life in this game it means you had an abysmal round.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6752|200m out and smiling at you.
lol

never gonna get 1 never will
Arkosh~Kovash
+0|6682|the Dirty Dirty
460 hrs+ and no PH. of course i was only one of two people to survive... me and verbal kint.
priznat
+0|6863
wounded in the butt-ock?

/box o chocolates
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6706|England, GBR
I've got it and I'm proud of it. lol

I got it 2 days after I brought the game. It was my 3rd ever round on BF2! - So it shows how far I've come (not having it again!)

It's best to have it when you've jsut started the game. No excuses. You was shit then. End of.

But I think it's a bit berating to have it twice though! lol

Nah, basically, if you have all of the medals and stuff, it's gonna look empty without that one lit up!
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6688
I got it, not on purpose, had a really bad round.
asbad
+19|6737|Ireland
dont have it. Dont think i ever will unless i try

Should i try and get it, Are you looked down upon if you have a purple heart?
KX500Racer
+4|6860
Don't have it and VERY proud not to have it!!!
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6674|Sydney, Australia
purple hearts are not that bad - i got one first round on an open map (cant remember which one). i tried to be a sniper and got shot down off a ladder bout 7 times i had exactly 5 kills 20 deaths (how i got my death streak )
oh well, havent even come close to that as of late so im happy - just shows that evry1 was a n00b at one point (not saying im pro tho...)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard