Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6467|Foothills of S. Carolina

Right, and if you noticed I said I sucked in the air, so dont go gettin all happy about evading me. I think a blind man could probably do it.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6437|EE Chat
Jet=JOYSTICK NEEDED FOR SURE
Helo=not important
joker8baller
+68|6659
I fly with my keyboard fine, and I can keep up with most experienced pilots who use joysticks. The only weird thing is if I lag and press any buttons my plane automatically flips upside down and crashes to the ground.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas
I fly jets with joystick only, can barely manuever around with KB.

Helos I fly KB only and I consider myself to be pretty good.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6394|dm_maidenhead
Its personal preference
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
Joystick is the best for jets. Don't start with your "but I fly mouse/keyboard and own joystick users" or "I have a joystick and get shot down by mouse/keyboard users" crap. Like always people expect a piece of hardware to make all the difference. It doesn't, on lower skill levels the difference between mouse/keyboard and joystick isnt all too big. However, it does provide benefits and is vital at higher skill levels.

As for choppers, people simply can't adjust to flying them with a joystick. I perservered and learned to fly helicopters with a joystick, and can control them better than I could with M/KB.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Joystick is the best for jets. Don't start with your "but I fly mouse/keyboard and own joystick users" or "I have a joystick and get shot down by mouse/keyboard users" crap. Like always people expect a piece of hardware to make all the difference. It doesn't, on lower skill levels the difference between mouse/keyboard and joystick isnt all too big. However, it does provide benefits and is vital at higher skill levels.

As for choppers, people simply can't adjust to flying them with a joystick. I perservered and learned to fly helicopters with a joystick, and can control them better than I could with M/KB.
O good, so it's not just me that likes using joystick for a helo. Shame i still suck
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Callum_212
+2|6305|Hastings-England
I use mouse and keyboard, i have a joystick but i prefer mouse and keyboard its much easier
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6515|Little blue planet, milky way
Basically, as everyone else is saying: You can do WAY better manuvering with a stick... BUT... It takes A LOT of time to get even as good as you are now with the key/mouse, because it's a REALLY steep learning curve. But then... Once you've passed your current skill level, you'll notice that you can actually IMPROOVE beyond what you could with a mouse+key, because it's not as limiting, in that you never have to "move" you joy to complete a maneuver.

That said.... the VERY best pilots STILL fly M+K, for two reasons:
One, they don't want to get dragged down by a joy that might fail on them, or that they can't bring or use for a tournament, and you ALWAYS have M+K
Two, only about 25% of gamers HAVE a joy, and less than 1/3rd uses it (or so the computer magazines claim at least), so assuming this is correct, then only 1 in 12 BF2'ers will use joy, which means that statistically, there'd be WAY more good pilots in the M+K "section" of the world, than in the joy "section".
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6260
Joysticks are just plain more fun to fly with, not to mention wildy more practical.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6575|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Use a joystick for flying.  A joystick will always have a consistent input giving you the sharpest possible turn.  For helicopters a mouse and keyboard are better.

Samtheman53.000001 wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

impossible to hover with a keyboard
lmao
XD
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
Okay, thanks guys. I actually expected 1 or 2 answers.
I've given out karma to the best answers, and I'd karma everyone but we only get 10...

TBH I've still not decided, almost all the answers say "joy's are good, but you can still be good with a mouse and key." As many of you have stated, I've come to the conclusion that it's personal preference. I'm going to have to find someone with a joy, try it out for an hour or two, then see if I want to buy one myself.
Thanks again!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere

G3|Genius wrote:

/fail
senor_fulff
+25|6752|Yorkshire, UK.

genius_man16 wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

/fail
yup... i can hover and only ever use a keyboard only...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard