TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6716|New Hampshire
I see nothing positive coming from this patch.  I even see a new gay phenomenon - hockey puck 203s.  They shoot them at the ground at an angle, and they look like theyll slide along until they hit something, i.e. - you.
airborne916
+24|6658
^^^lol, they should just not explode at all.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6691|İstanbul,Türkiye
This new patch is beyond gay. This is a "GAME" idiots it should not be realistic go play simulators for realistic enviroments. You want realistic experience fine, than lets make the planes much more realistic so they can own your armored or infantry ass without you see or hear them. GL launchers fine although i like them as it is. Heli taken by one tank shell gay, kill by five heli rockets also gay but its ok for the heli take 8 rockets. TV Guided missile time to live degraded ok even though i like to kill people from 2 flags away. Rendered Uav is good, shoting it with m4 stupid, it should be at least 0.50 caliber to damage them.
ComradeWho
+50|6688|Southern California
the nade launcher does do one thing little whiney bitches have complained about - making it require more skill to use in general. the trade off is that it's potentially more lethal now as it is more versatile in many situations, especially urban combat in which the grenade launcher should own in. Therefore though I oppose the changes it is atleast a fair trade off and it doesn't idiot-proof the game totally (and by idiot I mean babies that want the game to change because their style doesn't work unless there's a patch).

I'm glad the c4 is the same because in real life there's no reason why you couldn't throw c4 and then detonate it.  C4 was developed specifically with versatility in mind, designed so detonation could be controlled to a great degree. I know I always derride people for making arguments about the way real life is, and perhaps I deserve ridicule for it. people who toss c4 at close range and hop away only kill newbies, because it takes a few moments to accomplish that feat of acrobatics and it has never worked on me no matter what class I am, even when I was first exposed to it. If you can't kill someone in the time it takes to hop up to you and throw c4 than you suck. if you're mad because people throw it over fences then grow up you little baby. A better way of doing it however may have been to make it so it doesn't stick onto things if thrown - in other words so it would slide off a tank when it moves or be subject to other game physics.

The helicopter changes seem good in general. Sucks that they made it easier to kill with the jeeps (I get a lot of kill on choppers with jeeps, I don't fly much, but I recognize that helicopters seem to have provided more balanace than imbalance in games I have played). It is good that one tank round can kill a helicopter because even if a tank round didn't explode, the velocity at which it is fired would surely penetrate the armor on a helicopter and bring it down no matter what. It's annoying having to get 2+ tank shells into a flying chopper to bring it down - I feel like I've accomplished something if I can hit it once and a good pilot can easily take a tank out without the use of TV missles and without exposing him/herself to the tank's cannon. don't really care about the amount of rockets it takes to kill a helicopter chopper-to-chopper since this effects all choppers equally and therefor provides no imbalance. The only effect it will have is to make successful retreat less likely in a chopper battle and bring the drawn out confrontations to their natural conclusion more quickly.

As for the UAVs it's neat that you can shoot em down. Would be neater if they were a smaller less visible target however, seems like a UAV has no chance in hell once this patch is released with how visible it is. Kind of stupid that it can run into buildings since UAV's can be remotely manned. But it will make it so commanders have to get creative about where they place UAVs. Might have been cool if they actually made UAVs remote controlled from the command screen like they are in real life - but this feature probably would have lagged us all to death.

Last edited by ComradeWho (2006-02-01 22:02:13)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

ComradeWho wrote:

As for the UAVs it's neat that you can shoot em down. Would be neater if they were a smaller less visible target however, seems like a UAV has no chance in hell once this patch is released with how visible it is. Kind of stupid that it can run into buildings since UAV's can be remotely manned. But it will make it so commanders have to get creative about where they place UAVs. Might have been cool if they actually made UAVs remote controlled from the command screen like they are in real life - but this feature probably would have lagged us all to death.
How would a feature like remotely flying the UAV lag the server any more than a person piloting a chopper or jet? That makes absolutely no sense.
ComradeWho
+50|6688|Southern California

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

ComradeWho wrote:

How would a feature like remotely flying the UAV lag the server any more than a person piloting a chopper or jet? That makes absolutely no sense.
yeah, correction, wouldn't lag the server but it would probably rule a lot of people out from commanding due to computer specs and in reality if they put it in a patch it would probably come with it's own set of bugs that would have to be corrected in subsequent patches.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6727|cairns australia
gee there are a lot of gay comments.people who live in glass houses.get over it it fixes some problems and leaves some to be fixed,just like the last one and probably the next one.heli whores suck it.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6726|Singapore
Well i guess Ea is hoping everyone will focus on teamwork. If u wanna rape a tank, get a gunner and let him tv it.
Mr.kodak
+-1|6663
This patch now means a hug line up for planes:(
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

Mr.kodak wrote:

This patch now means a hug line up for planes:(
I'll definitely enjoy hugging everyone. Although, I think it would be safer to say it'd be more of a TK line up.
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6660|Colorado
If that's how the C4 is going to be then WOOT!!!!! I may have to construct a DICE Hug and dip my banana in sweet chocolate sauce with a big C4WhOre Cherry On Top!!

VIVA LA C4 Biotches!!
evillbill
+-1|6728|West Oz
Everytime I see a chopper/jet ho whining about this patch, I know I am gonna love. Bring it on...
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6736|Malaga, España
cant believe what i read hear about unrealistic....
ok UAV shot down by M4 ....well that true
but Tank Vs Heli = Nothing more then Real,
Heli Vs Heli = Real
AT Vs Heli = its not bullshit, its not only for Tanks , because if ur using one. and an enemy Chopper is hovering around ur area, ur not going to wait for a tank to show up to get urself a kill...hell no u blast that fucker out of the air.
Tube : well the finaly got a kind of a timer on it , if u look closer u see that the guy shoot farther and explodes right on impact. so its the Close Tube that has been made dificult , thats fine by me.
50cal gun VS Heli : why do they call it a 50 Call huh? for infantry? i think not, it can be used against low armor vehicules like choppers. and if in real life a pilot gets those bullets in his chopper it sure will get a hell lot of damage.

the only thing ur whining about , that if u got a Chopper you have more chance to get ur ass kicked. but if u can shoot that heli a hell lot quiker you think HEY NICE PATCH!

EA/DICE THANK U FOR THIS PATCH!

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-02-02 02:29:04)

Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6705|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!

khmer wrote:

It'll be fun to knife the enemies who are distracted by the uav.
What a great point that I think everyone who is complaining about the UAV changes is missing.  Having the UAV visible will be a double-edged sword.  Sure, the enemy will now be able to shoot it down, but you will also have them distracted by it until it is destroyed.  *goes to sharpen knife*

On the other hand, since the helo is being nurfed, shooting down UAV's may be the only safe thing to do in a helicopter now.
Jobarra
+0|6674

Bubba_Bubberson wrote:

khmer wrote:

It'll be fun to knife the enemies who are distracted by the uav.
What a great point that I think everyone who is complaining about the UAV changes is missing.  Having the UAV visible will be a double-edged sword.  Sure, the enemy will now be able to shoot it down, but you will also have them distracted by it until it is destroyed.  *goes to sharpen knife*

On the other hand, since the helo is being nurfed, shooting down UAV's may be the only safe thing to do in a helicopter now.
Well, we'll have to see what the final patch entails, but comments on the video as follows:

Helicopters do seem a tad underarmored now, although I do agree a tank shell should set the chopper on fire with one shot.  Heck, even if it wasn't an armor piercing round, something moving that fast AND that heavy would make the helicopter lose control and crash at the very least.  If the armor is kept that way, at least AA vehicles will now have a much better chance of taking down an attack chopper before it turns and let's loose a barrage of missiles.

The UAV is a 'cool' feature, but not needed.  This makes spec-ops less useful because all you have to do is shoot down the UAV instead of destroying the trailer.  I know alot of people are talking about UAVs flying at 25,000 ft and everything, but that's their max ceiling, not their operating ceiling for what it is doing in game.  You're covering a small area of the battlefield and giving highly detailed information on that small part.  Also, I have seen videos of UAV usage in Iraq and one of them had a very low flying UAV that was taking information of a small section of a city that showed insurgents in the streets.  It was maybe 300 feet up from what I could tell.  If you had a UAV at 25,000 ft, you should be able to see the entire battlefield during it's activation time.  UAV running into objects is pretty stupid.  Oh yeah, I would love to see the UAV placement over some spots of Fushe Pass.  All those construction towers and mountain sides should be fun Hopefully you will get teamkill/autopunish if you destroy the UAV for your side.  Otherwise, I see alot of griefing ahead.

The GL seems fine.  I look forward to using it's new characteristics.  Looks like it activates about 15ft from the barrel.  I was thinking they were going to make it go 100ft or something which would be too far.

Yes, the UAV downers will be a sniper's delight as well.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6828|Deutschland/Germany
To everyone who said:
"blabla this is/is not realistic!!! In real life it s like this"

This is a game not real life. It s about balance not about realism. Throwing c4 and detonating it in mid-air might be possible in real life but it s not balanced and that s what it s all about.
Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6705|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

It s about balance not about realism.
Nuff said!!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany

TehSeraphim wrote:

I even see a new gay phenomenon - hockey puck 203s.  They shoot them at the ground at an angle, and they look like theyll slide along until they hit something, i.e. - you.
Yup,I thought exactly the same thing - hockeywhores.

And the C4 in the video looks like the switching bug is finally solved,nothing else has changed....but I'm not sure,I despise the Jihad-backpack I rarely use it,claymores all the way.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6770|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

cant believe what i read hear about unrealistic....
ok UAV shot down by M4 ....well that true
but Tank Vs Heli = Nothing more then Real,
Heli Vs Heli = Real
AT Vs Heli = its not bullshit, its not only for Tanks , because if ur using one. and an enemy Chopper is hovering around ur area, ur not going to wait for a tank to show up to get urself a kill...hell no u blast that fucker out of the air.
Tube : well the finaly got a kind of a timer on it , if u look closer u see that the guy shoot farther and explodes right on impact. so its the Close Tube that has been made dificult , thats fine by me.
50cal gun VS Heli : why do they call it a 50 Call huh? for infantry? i think not, it can be used against low armor vehicules like choppers. and if in real life a pilot gets those bullets in his chopper it sure will get a hell lot of damage.

the only thing ur whining about , that if u got a Chopper you have more chance to get ur ass kicked. but if u can shoot that heli a hell lot quiker you think HEY NICE PATCH!

EA/DICE THANK U FOR THIS PATCH!
Spoken like someone who really doesn't give a damn about game balance with the choppers. Against a good Humvee/Vodnik gunner you already only have a few second to react and make an escape from this no warning attacker. I would have preferred if the armor was weakened to tank shells and helo missles (to maintain helo balance vs. each other) rather than just reduce HP in general.

Maps like Sharqi will be very interesting as it will no longer take much skill to wipe out the MEC helo. And this won't even stop TV station raping either, that is actually one of the harder spots to safely hide a Humvee (usually my first target if I'm going after the TV station, immediately followed by the AA turret). Once safely established, the helo has no incentive to expose itself by going anywhere else on the map where you may have ambushes set up. Even before this patch it did take skill to survive in a helo, and you were rewarded with lots of kills and driver assists.

Although, maybe n00bs still won't figure out how overpowered the 50 cal already is against helos. It was the experienced players who figured out how effective they were (mostly because AA never got the job done).
Torin
+52|6685
Seems like they're finally balancing choppers more like they were in DC. That's a good thing.

C4 is still a bit lame.

GL changes are welcome, takes actual skill to use it now rather than just aiming at your feet and killing someone.

I wonder how many heat seekers it takes to down a jet now.
morbesso666
+0|6756|Givataim, Israel
Yes throwing C4 is not balanced but AT mine is. BS
Jobarra
+0|6674

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

To everyone who said:
"blabla this is/is not realistic!!! In real life it s like this"

This is a game not real life. It s about balance not about realism. Throwing c4 and detonating it in mid-air might be possible in real life but it s not balanced and that s what it s all about.
Immersion into the environment IS part of the gameplay.  Having realistic characteristics in the game helps with this immersion.  I certainly don't enjoy the game as much if I shoot a helicopter with a tank shell and it doesn't even wobble or start smoking, but instead turns and fires 5 inch rockets at me(which if I'm not mistaken, aren't used on armor IRL because it doesn't defeat the armor like it does in the game.)  The c4 chucking could be controlled by causing a one - two second delay when pulling the detonator out in order to uncap the safety switch.  If you walked around with the detonator button uncovered, you would blow yourself to bits.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6764|Atlanta, GA USA

Havazn wrote:

I gotta say I dont see too much difference in terms of destructive capability. I've always shot down choppers with a SRAW or Eryx. I've also hit choppers with a tank too.

Im not much of a heli player, so shooting them down with a .50 cal for me is a plus.

I like the UAV, just adds more depth to the game. And they can be shot down in real-life, so props to the designers who added that.
agreed.  Plus, I am glad they finally made the M203 more realistic.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6709

OpsChief wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

lol there is no longer the C4 glitch and you can throw it farther.... haha soon to be fun times.

the GL will be interesting since you can launch it around corners and into things before it blows.
well since the 40mm grenade is spin armed if it stops spinning it shouldn't go off. Bouncing it off a wall could easily stop or slow the spin making it a slow moving useless slug....

What is the problem with Tank shots killing helos? That is not only possible but Doctrine in some armies. Unlike BF2 real helos need to fly stable to setup the long range guided missile shots. So you fire a mile-per-second SABOT round at it and make them duck or flinch and it misses.  Or pop one thru the cargo area on a transport helo and the riders might get sucked out from the vacuum thru the 35mm hole it leaves on the other side. Yes tanks can and should kill helos every chance they get.

C4 that is thrown should have a chance to misfire due to the shock possibly disrupting the detonator.

i guess we wait and see - maybe these broken fixes are why the patch is delayed.
ok about the sucking thing through a hole thats all fairy tales!
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6764|Atlanta, GA USA

:]-[: El_Shiznit wrote:

I'm not questioning the credibility of the video, but how do we know the c4 footage wasn't taken pre-patch?  After all, it is the only footage not taken in Daqing Oilfields.
I read in one of the press releases that you could still "jump throw" a grenade by starting the throw before jumping.  Maybe you can do the same with C4.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard