PR 0.6, or PR 0.5?

0.666%66% - 47
0.58%8% - 6
Undecided25%25% - 18
Total: 71
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum
Vote for your favourite version of the PR mod, and then explain your choice.

For me, ATM, PR 0.5

Although i like the new kit limiting system, it gets annoying. Example, i cant choose AT to spawn with, i spawn on my SL, and we're being raped by armour. If the leader doesn't use rallypoints, i don't want to have to walk 300metres just to blow a tank up, which in all probability, will have been destroyed before i get there.

Second annoyance, Civilian Class. In the beta stages, it was ok, but now you get groups of people who appear to be dedicated to getting shot, to give their team some extra points. IE, i saw 7 or 8 civilians, surrounding a few insurgents, literally being meat shields. It gets annoying.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6276|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH

fatherted13 wrote:

Vote for your favourite version of the PR mod, and then explain your choice.

For me, ATM, PR 0.5

Although i like the new kit limiting system, it gets annoying. Example, i cant choose AT to spawn with, i spawn on my SL, and we're being raped by armour. If the leader doesn't use rallypoints, i don't want to have to walk 300metres just to blow a tank up, which in all probability, will have been destroyed before i get there.

Second annoyance, Civilian Class. In the beta stages, it was ok, but now you get groups of people who appear to be dedicated to getting shot, to give their team some extra points. IE, i saw 7 or 8 civilians, surrounding a few insurgents, literally being meat shields. It gets annoying.
Well, that's what civilians are for. Meatshields FTW!

Oh, and I can't choose yet, because my computer is all 'No PR for you, biznatch!'

Last edited by Undetected_Killer (2007-07-18 16:10:27)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6184|Schofield Barracks
i havent got 6.o workin yet but i cant wait to fly the apache
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6318|Londawn
For me at the moment 0.5, I think I might of had a bad opening day for PR.

It seems so much slower than 0.5, the fact that there's so much time now tenting for the whole kit issue, and imo they've ruined some of the maps, like turning Desert Storm into a insurgent vs. USMC as opposed and MEC vs. USMC,

I also don't like the insurgency idea, and all the servers are running it for Basra - what happening to good ol' AAS?

I dunno' it may just be 'reading a book by it's cover' as it's just the first day - but i'm disappointed with the release thus far
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6447|UK
I prefer 0.6 to 0.5 at the moment, i jus do.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6523|Cardiff
.6 owns .5 tbh.  the only bad side is the fact that SL need 3 peeps near them for a rally point, but if thats proving to be hard to accomplish then start telling the nubs running around randomly to spawn on the sl and its done.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6634

there are a few things i dont like about .6 so far, but i wont vote till ive had more time with it.
firebolt5
+114|6145

[THE] comben wrote:

.6 owns .5 tbh.  the only bad side is the fact that SL need 3 peeps near them for a rally point, but if thats proving to be hard to accomplish then start telling the nubs running around randomly to spawn on the sl and its done.
People will get used to it, believe me.  It's better too because it enforces the squad to stick together.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6733|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
.6 by a country mile! where to start? soooo much goodness, if the civs are in front of insurgents they canny shoot you either! besides it's really satisfying when you shoot an insurgent in the face over the shoulder of a civ, I love accurate guns! Insurgency is an amazing game mode, Attack of metisia [sp?] is another amazing map! the new animations are surperb, I could go on and on..
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6523|Cardiff

firebolt5 wrote:

[THE] comben wrote:

People will get used to it, believe me.  It's better too because it enforces the squad to stick together.
i agree,  but with so many nubs playing it atm its fairly common to find yourself and the SL sitting under some trees miles away from the action waiting for random peeps to turn up so u can set the RP.  sadly lol.
link52787
+29|6512
PR keeps crashing on me.  , can't play yet.
cosworth1983
+21|6475|Enschede / Netherlands
i voted for 0.5,   because i hate what they did with the delayed sounds.
With vanilla and 0.5,  i could here where the shots where comming from,  and how far the guy is.
But in 0.6 i can here a tank shooting from 2 miles,  like if hes standing 5 feet next to me.
So its inpossible to locate a enemy by listening to where he's shooting from.
It really pisses me off.
I know there are more people with this problem,  so i'm hoping this will get fixed.

Greetz
zeidmaan
+234|6405|Vienna

cosworth1983 wrote:

i voted for 0.5,   because i hate what they did with the delayed sounds.
With vanilla and 0.5,  i could here where the shots where comming from,  and how far the guy is.
But in 0.6 i can here a tank shooting from 2 miles,  like if hes standing 5 feet next to me.
So its inpossible to locate a enemy by listening to where he's shooting from.
It really pisses me off.
I know there are more people with this problem,  so i'm hoping this will get fixed.

Greetz
I was for something in between 0.5 and 0.6 as far as the sound goes.

I think it carries to far in 0.6. I know its more realistic but all the maps except Kashan and Kufra are too small for it.

On the other hand 0.5 was sometimes ridiculous. As soon as someone fires a bullet everyone would know exactly where he is. It was too easy.
cosworth1983
+21|6475|Enschede / Netherlands
Maybe the delayed thing could work,   but it seems the volume of any gunfire doesn't vague when its any distance away.
Sometimes i hear someone shooting, and the sounds looks to be coming from just around the corner,   then when i go to take a look,  i cant even see the guy, he's like 80 meters further down the road.

Greetz

Last edited by cosworth1983 (2007-07-19 02:42:41)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6733|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
enable EAX & update OpenAL if you software render http://developer.creative.com/articles/ … amp;aid=46

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-07-19 05:05:48)

manitobapaintballa
+32|6609
personally i like .6 better
Longbow
+163|6637|Odessa, Ukraine

fatherted13 wrote:

Anyways L-AT do not damage tanks ... so not a big deal that they are taken away from unlimited kit list

add : definitely 0.6 is better

Last edited by Longbow (2007-07-20 00:07:05)

zeidmaan
+234|6405|Vienna

Longbow wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Anyways L-AT do not damage tanks ... so not a big deal that they are taken away from unlimited kit list

add : definitely 0.6 is better
Yep they do, just not to the front armor (they do minimal damage). I think its 3-4 hits to the back and about 6-7 to the side to destroy a tank. Although sometimes you can get lucky and disable a tank with just 2 LATs.
Longbow

zeidmaan wrote:

3-4 hits to the back and about 6-7
Thats ideal . You haven't count misses , wonderful BF2 hitreg and so on . All together , L-AT is useless against MBT's in 0.6 . They aren't even scared much to go repair when they get hit by L-AT .
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6729|Comber, Northern Ireland
hey this 0.6 sounds pretty sweet, if i want to play it will i just downlaod 0.6 and be alright?
Longbow

david363 wrote:

if i want to play it will i just downlaod 0.6 and be alright?
Yes
psH
Banned
+217|6374|Sydney
Well right now the CTD's everytime when i create locals are starting to get there way into my head.

If somebody can help me there is some karma in the deal...
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6477|Latvia
0.6 of course, Seven Gates/Kashan are just great. And civilians rock!

it's just funny to attack the heavily armed modern soldiers with rocks.. and kill them
zeidmaan
+234|6405|Vienna

yeah... unfortunately most people dont know that one rock in the balls will do 95 damage.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6729|Comber, Northern Ireland
sweet zombie jesus its taking long

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard