GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
Does any one know of any good flight simulator games for the PC? I just got a new joystick and I would like to try it out on a real simulation game!

Thank you for your help and please don't just look at the forum post please thank you!
manitobapaintballa
+32|6619
if you like ww2 planes try combat flight simulator 3
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6526|Milkystania, yurop
combat flight sim series
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6197|Cali

manitobapaintballa wrote:

I love WWII sims, but that game was made in 2002.
I too have been looking for a WWII flight sim or even a current combat flight sim thats new and of good quality.
Microsofts Flight Sim X is cool, but i want to try a good mutliplayer combat sim.
Has anybody heard of any buzz about anything new on the horizon?

Last edited by ARCHANGEL1941 (2007-07-18 15:52:11)

Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal
The combat flight sims from Microsoft are TERRIBLE, weapons shoot like lasers, bullets do hardly any damage and your character levels up. Its a crappy mix of arcade and simulation which makes the game kinda lame. IL2 Sturmovik is your best bet for flight sims, most realistic planes and ballistics as well as decent graphics by todays standards. This is assuming you want a WW2 flight sim, if no "Lock on Modern Air Combat" is a good modern day jet fighter sim. Flight simulator X is a marvelous sim but whoops the crap out of anything less then a supercomputer.
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6197|Cali

Pernicious544 wrote:

The combat flight sims from Microsoft are TERRIBLE, weapons shoot like lasers, bullets do hardly any damage and your character levels up. Its a crappy mix of arcade and simulation which makes the game kinda lame. IL2 Sturmovik is your best bet for flight sims, most realistic planes and ballistics as well as decent graphics by todays standards. This is assuming you want a WW2 flight sim, if no "Lock on Modern Air Combat" is a good modern day jet fighter sim. Flight simulator X is a marvelous sim but whoops the crap out of anything less then a supercomputer.
LOL, MO VAL SO CAL.
909 in the house
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

LOL, MO VAL SO CAL.
909 in the house
951 actually, damn phone comany
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6197|Cali

Pernicious544 wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

LOL, MO VAL SO CAL.
909 in the house
still 909 Colton, 951 cell, but i remember when my area code was (714) before the O.C. had it.
does that make me old?
GR34
so in other words there is not any???
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal

GR34 wrote:

What type do you want, specifics always help.
Undertow007
+8|6150|Rep. of Palua

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

LOL, MO VAL SO CAL.
909 in the house
still 909 Colton, 951 cell, but i remember when my area code was (714) before the O.C. had it.
does that make me old?
yes, you are an old s.o.b.. I wear a flat hat and skin industry shirts, whats it to you? 909 and disco lives forever!!!

Last edited by Undertow007 (2007-07-18 16:08:47)

GR34

Pernicious544 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Well a WWII one would be awesome but any thing thats realistic would be great!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

GR34 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

IL-2 Sturmovik isn't bad   love dive bombing russians in the stuka
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
Lock-On: Modern Air Combat is awesome, lots of planes and multiplayer. Ofcourse simulation so the weapon systems are good.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal

GR34 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

IL@ Sturmovik 1946 is the newest in the series. It contains many planes that follow the "what if the war continued" scenario. While many planes that were seen are in the game some that were still in development are showcased as well. Realism is a trademark of the series with the dynamic campaign, so if you blow up alot of Me-262a's then expect to see fewer and fewer of em in the skies, blow up lots of airfields and your ground attack missions wont have you scouting the skies as you make your runs. The damage modeling is simply fantastic as well with low caliber bullets just simply ricocheting off heavily armored planes doing no damage while the heavier cannon shells rip gaping holes in fuselages and wings. It is really the best of the best when it comes to WW2 flight simulators. Only thing is, its all on the Russian front...which is actually kinda cool.

reviews: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/751/751000p1.html

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3158573

Direct2Drive digital purchase: http://www.direct2drive.com/1/3021/prod … 6-Download
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6394|Evilsville
Il2 is a very good game, but I cannot play it. For some weird reason I cannot calibrate my joystick very well. So when I'm flying my plane always has the tendency to turn left all the time. Which makes it a pain to control.
Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|6364
Falcon 4.0 is suppose to be a top noych game and based of of the real flight controls of the F16 .....26 letters and 4 functions per letter  its a keyboard nightmare...LOL
Souls
+14|6663|Garden City, KS. USA
Wings over Vietnam - Realistic
Lock On - Very realistic
IL-2 - Realistic
Pacific Fighters - Realistic
Pacific Storm - Arcade, A strategic game and a sim
Falcon 4 Allied Force - Very realistic
The more realistic the harder the sim.  Falcon 4 for example has a 600 page manual

Helicopter Sims: they are rare and getting old
Any of the Search an Rescue Series  (SAR)
The two Enemy Engaged Sims Mi-28 or RAH-66
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6619|Manitowoc, WI
Pacific Fighters is a good WWII fighter sim.  Its kind of old though.  It's made by the same people that made lock on.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6640
Falcon 4 for sure. I'm a pro at landing .
Commie Killer
+192|6387

Adams_BJ wrote:

Lock-On: Modern Air Combat is awesome, lots of planes and multiplayer. Ofcourse simulation so the weapon systems are good.
I've heard only praise about this game. Im thinking of buying it myself if I see it in stores.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6739|Comber, Northern Ireland
fighting falcon 4.0
Shadow893
lel
+75|6692|England

david363 wrote:

fighting falcon 4.0
But that game is OLD isn't it? I rembemer having it at least 5-6 years ago lol
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

manitobapaintballa wrote:

I have it and the graphics just sucks.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6619|Manitowoc, WI

Commie Killer wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I've heard only praise about this game. Im thinking of buying it myself if I see it in stores.
It's a very fun game, but I don't know what he measn my lots of planes.  There's only eight in the game, and only two of which are American planes.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2007-08-05 12:52:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard