Iphone Or Xbox360?

Xbox 36086%86% - 159
Iphone13%13% - 25
Total: 184
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6821|Denver colorado
The iphone is a gimmick imho.

Unless your a huge mac fanboy or you want a lot of attention I don't see the reason to get an Iphone.

Last edited by lavadisk (2007-07-17 10:00:10)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6345|West NY

joker8baller wrote:

Why the Ultra? Not really significant over the GTX.... Plus the 9 series are gonna come out soon.
Because it freakin' has ultra in the name, okay?!?! He also put it in bold, capital letters... doesn't that mean anything to you?
^JP^
+5|6149
well, GTA4 and assassins creed are comin out soon on the 360, not 2 mention halo 3. so. er. hmm. iphone.
tiptopT
+72|6573|Scotland's Capital
We had an iPhone at work and to be honest its flash and all but if i were you i would wait for the Gen/Rev 2 phone, promised to be much better.  Oh and the N73 aint great, software is rubbish get a 360!
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH
REASON WHY NOT TO GET AN IPHONE:

AT&T's iPhone fees don't make sense
Posted Jul 12th 2007 11:39AM by Brian White
Filed under: Bad news, Products and services, Consumer experience, Apple Inc (AAPL), AT and T (T), iPhone

One thing I've never understood is the fact that AT&T (NYSE: T) wants to charge iPhone customers a $175 "termination fee" if the two-year contract signed when activating that shiny new iPhone is broken. Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone handset is not subsidized at all by AT&T, unlike every other phone the wireless carrier offers. That $49 generic handset you may have gotten when you signed up for cell phone service costs way more than that to make, but the lucrative two years of service you sign on for gives the carrier time to recoup that cost and more. If you leave the contract early, you pay a cancellation fee to make up for that lost revenue. With the iPhone, you're paying a full, unsubsidized price up front -- but for some reason, there is still a cancellation fee. That perturbs me, and I don't even own an iPhone or have a AT&T subscription.

What kind of goofy tactic is this? Welcome to Apple's world, folks. While I highly admire the company's innovative and stylish products, they do operate in a closed vacuum most of the time. Can you use any other music service outside iTunes with the iPod? Nope. How about using any other wireless company other than AT&T for that new iPhone? Nope. Apple loves creating the best overall user experience by tightly controlling all aspects of its products once they reach the consumer.

This is opposite to many companies that market the "use anywhere with any service" precept to consumers as a marketing pitch. The wireless carrier industry is different, though. Wireless carriers in the U.S. have tight control over the phones they sell and deny control to the consumer. It's all about maximizing revenue and providing a consistent user experience -- not giving the customer freedom. This is nothing new for most phones sold in the U.S., iPhone or not.

The difference here is that AT&T is not losing a thing if you buy that iPhone -- it's marked at full retail. This is not a "free phone" that requires a calling contract to ensure the money is made elsewhere. It's an undiscounted retail purchase that should come with no contract and in an unlocked version that allows any iPhone customer to use that new piece of equipment with any compatible carrier. This is not the case with the iPhone, though, and the locked ecosystem Apple and AT&T created to control the customer experience is now biting them both in the butt a little. Will the iPhone's stance change as a result? Of course not. At least not until 2012, when the AT&T exclusivity contract ends.

http://aapl.bloggingstocks.com/2007/07/ … ake-sense/

Getting an IPhone will cost you more in the long run, especially with service fee and any other BS fee.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6334|California
I can also guarantee you EVERYONE who has talked shit about an iPhone doesn't even have one or havn't used it for more than a little while.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2007-07-17 11:23:59)

xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6334|California

loubot wrote:

Getting an IPhone will cost you more in the long run, especially with service fee and any other fee.
Lemme guess, you dont have one. Plus, of fucking course you're going to pay more. Actually no, it all depends. Are you telling me you would buy an x-box 360 (atleast $400 vs iphone - $500) and not buy atleast TEN $50 games for the 360? It all depends how long you use it. iPhone per month is $30 a month for a good plan (like 450 minutes and unlimited text and whatnot) then 360 = $50 a game which you could get for the PC, Wii, or Mac.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6440

xBlackPantherx wrote:

I can also guarantee you EVERYONE who has talked shit about an iPhone doesn't even have one or havn't used it for more than a little while.
Yes gotta agree with that. But, I think wasting money on a mobile phone is just wrong, not just iphone, I hate these fancy stuff, like 2 MP camera, 3G, to get faster connection ect... ect... I have a sharp GX15, I bought it about 3 years ago. And it still works fine. Never used the camera, although I admit it's SHITE!
Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6462|North of Dallas

twiistaaa wrote:

Ironsteed wrote:

Neither... invest it.  20 years from now when no one remembers what the iphone or xbox 360 were you will be happy you did.
not if he dies before then. then he had no xbox and 0.0000000001% of a company.
1. Your best reasoning for not investing is that you might die prematurely?  Unless you are inheriting a great wealth, you my friend will always be poor or struggling to maintain middle class status.  gL.

2. I didn't say buy stock, the current market in the US is too volatile right now, not sure about overseas markets.  Invest in something like rare gold coins, or something that will provide some cash flow like a vending machine in a busy area.  FFS anything that you can buy and sell for more.

Then when you have enough money take half of it and buy a 360 and an iphone and still have money left to continue investing.

Pretty simple strategy.
shirosham
+0|6575

loubot wrote:

Filed under: Bad news, Products and services, Consumer experience, Apple Inc (AAPL), AT and T (T), iPhone

One thing I've never understood is the fact that AT&T (NYSE: T) wants to charge iPhone customers a $175 "termination fee" if the two-year contract signed when activating that shiny new iPhone is broken. Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone handset is not subsidized at all by AT&T, unlike every other phone the wireless carrier offers. That $49 generic handset you may have gotten when you signed up for cell phone service costs way more than that to make, but the lucrative two years of service you sign on for gives the carrier time to recoup that cost and more. If you leave the contract early, you pay a cancellation fee to make up for that lost revenue. With the iPhone, you're paying a full, unsubsidized price up front -- but for some reason, there is still a cancellation fee. That perturbs me, and I don't even own an iPhone or have a AT&T subscription.

What kind of goofy tactic is this? Welcome to Apple's world, folks. While I highly admire the company's innovative and stylish products, they do operate in a closed vacuum most of the time. Can you use any other music service outside iTunes with the iPod? Nope. How about using any other wireless company other than AT&T for that new iPhone? Nope. Apple loves creating the best overall user experience by tightly controlling all aspects of its products once they reach the consumer.

This is opposite to many companies that market the "use anywhere with any service" precept to consumers as a marketing pitch. The wireless carrier industry is different, though. Wireless carriers in the U.S. have tight control over the phones they sell and deny control to the consumer. It's all about maximizing revenue and providing a consistent user experience -- not giving the customer freedom. This is nothing new for most phones sold in the U.S., iPhone or not.

The difference here is that AT&T is not losing a thing if you buy that iPhone -- it's marked at full retail. This is not a "free phone" that requires a calling contract to ensure the money is made elsewhere. It's an undiscounted retail purchase that should come with no contract and in an unlocked version that allows any iPhone customer to use that new piece of equipment with any compatible carrier. This is not the case with the iPhone, though, and the locked ecosystem Apple and AT&T created to control the customer experience is now biting them both in the butt a little. Will the iPhone's stance change as a result? Of course not. At least not until 2012, when the AT&T exclusivity contract ends.

Getting an IPhone will cost you more in the long run, especially with service fee and any other BS fee.
Actually, quite wrong. It's cheaper to get an Iphone than say... a Free Treo...

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddic … y-36179098

Cheers.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6352|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

DK_Vision wrote:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Enjoy.
lmao.  maddox ftw!!!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

xBlackPantherx wrote:

I guarantee you that anyone who buys an iPhone is either completely ignorant of the technology they contain or an idiot.

There is no other way of putting it. The iPhone is shockingly bad. Apple should be ashamed of themselves.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6554|British Columbia, Canada
The Iphone Ifails...

Get an Xbox, or upgrade your computer.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
Somebody's mr.mad mac fan (xBlackPantherx, xBlackPantherx,xBlackPantherx,xBlackPantherx)
HSG
+23|6465|British Columbia, Canada
apple vs microsoft. 360. Better yet ps3 if your willing to spend a lil extra.

Last edited by HSG (2007-07-17 12:46:36)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH

shirosham wrote:

loubot wrote:

Actually, quite wrong. It's cheaper to get an Iphone than say... a Free Treo...

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddic … y-36179098

Cheers.
Good link Shiro....TREO is another money-pit phone. My co-worker often complains about his billing. Anyway this is from your article:

" QUOTE: All of which points to the fact that Apple must have worked really hard to get AT&T to agree to $60 for 450 minutes plus unlimited data, because the same features for any other phone is more expensive. The other thing to realize is that with the iPhone the price gets better the longer you own it.

Let’s assume you keep your phone and rate plan for 3 years:

36 months (3 years) TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
Treo 680 with 4GB SDHC card    $2,940

4GB iPhone                               $2,660

Treo 680 with 8GB SDHC card    $2,960

8GB iPhone                               $2,760

In fact you only have to keep the iPhone for a few months after the contract expires to make it a better deal

Seriously lets keep it real who is able to hold onto their original phone in three years without damaging or lossing it.
Granted the XBOX you have to accessories with controllers, memory, maybe a couple of skins and buying the game titles...Black Panther made that point clear but b/w the two evils I'd go with the xbox

Last edited by loubot (2007-07-17 12:58:15)

docnutz
+39|6751|B O S T ON area
produces:

Last edited by docnutz (2007-07-17 15:47:43)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6561|United States

Slickdawg8 wrote:

I would get the iphone.  I have a 360 and its awesome, but the iphone is just incredible.  It is pretty much like 4 or 5 devices in one... a phone, ipod, portable video/dvd player, maps/gps system, web browser.  I watched a 20 minute demonstration of it on iphone.com and it is just awesome, you should look for the video if you can.
Iphones suck, period.

My current cell phone and Ipod do the very same thing an Iphone does and 10x more, plus they both cost me a couple hundred less.

Folks, Iphones are one of the biggest ripoff's that I've seen in a long time. You're paying for the "I" in the name of the product. It looks fancy, and its features are more embelished than a normal cell phone but that's it. Nothing more. You're basically paying a shit load of money for something that looks cool (And they do look cool as hell), but anyone in their right mind can obviously see how much of a joke these things are. Not to mention that their battery life is set at around 250-300 charges which a normal cell phone user will rack up in about a year (That's not counting the power you suck from playing mp3's). Once you're battery is dead you get to send your phone to Apple where they replace it for a mere $79 + tax + shipping and handling. Not to mention you won't have your phone for at least a week... unless you want to pay $39 for an overnighted replacement. Bleh.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6767|UK
Get a Samsung U600 they're an awesome phone I got mine last week! You can probably still get a 360 too!
mafropetee
+18|6135|Altamonte Springs, FL

Noobpatty wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

Why the Ultra? Not really significant over the GTX.... Plus the 9 series are gonna come out soon.
Because it freakin' has ultra in the name, okay?!?! He also put it in bold, capital letters... doesn't that mean anything to you?
okay i must have missed where this was talked about... but the ultra is ONE OF THE BIGGEST WASTES OF MONEY IVE EVER SEEN!!!!

its just an overclocked GTX, and you can easily do that your damn self and save loads of money.

unless that kind of money is pocket change to you, nobody should ever buy an ultra.

go find 2 computers with the exact same specs except one has a gtx and one has an ultra, and tell me if you can see a difference while you are playing a game. no. you cant. thank you.

although, i will admit that the ultra is pretty.

ohh and uhh... iANYTHING is trash. ive said this.

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6630|Montreal, Qc, Canada

/endofthread
Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

/thread continues

Get neither. Buy a new quad core next week when the prices drop. Or....

Tandem skydive - $120
Day of paintball fun - $150
Get rope and harness to repel down your nearest cliff face - $150
Go to your local gun store to shoot off one of their fully automatic ak47s -$70
Stop by Chipotle and get yourself a carnitas burrito, chips, and a tasty beverage -$10

You'll have some cool memories and something to actually talk about.
mafropetee
+18|6135|Altamonte Springs, FL

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

/thread continues

Tandem skydive - $120
Stop by Chipotle and get yourself a carnitas burrito, chips, and a tasty beverage -$10

why didnt i think of that?

i dont care much for chipotle though. im a moe's kinda guy.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

mafropetee wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

/thread continues

Tandem skydive - $120

why didnt i think of that?

i dont care much for chipotle though. im a moe's kinda guy.
What did i hear? Oh, thats right, "Please jihad me"
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6334|California

Bertster7 wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

I can also guarantee you EVERYONE who has talked shit about an iPhone doesn't even have one or haven't used it for more than a little while.
I guarantee you that anyone who buys an iPhone is either completely ignorant of the technology they contain or an idiot.

There is no other way of putting it. The iPhone is shockingly bad. Apple should be ashamed of themselves.
Thats why they sold like 750,000 in the first 4 days with almost no returns, right? Like I said before, these forums are flooded with people who like to kiss Bill Gates's wrinkly ass. I run every single game I have (including all BF's, BF2 and after) on high with no lag, good ping and fps. I didn't have to put a single thing extra on my mac except Windows XP (not vista, that shit blows.) Face it, Mac is better. I've used only PC approved devices on my Mac that have been easier to set up on there then on my PC. The PC half of my computer has completely crashed 3 times with high maintenance and had to completely reload everything. Do you know how many times all of our families computers ( 4 Apple computers ) have crashed TOTAL? Three times for four computers over the span of 2 years. I've had Windows on one of the Macs for 7 months and its crashed as many times as 4 Macs have in 2 years. The only reason people like PC better, is that they're cheaper to make so everyone makes them, therefore, they USUSALLY sell cheaper. I can almost guarantee you that for the price of my computer and the general specs (mine cost $2000 US for a 24" screen iMac with nVidia Geforce something 7 series, dual core, 2 gig of ram, etc.) that I could match or outperform you're computer. Furthermore, since everyone makes PC's because they're cheaper (it's cheaper to make pieces of crap than something good), more people make software for PC's. Here's an interesting fact. With out Apple, you wouldn't have Battlefield or any other EA game. Or possibly ANY other game besides Pong for that matter. For one thing, Mac used to be partners with Gates. Apple sold them the software for PC's. Another thing, I believe the co-founder of Apple went on to be the Founder of EA. EA used to be solely Mac, then they went into PC, and now they're getting into both. Soon to be releasing hot new games for both Mac and PC (one of them I think is 2142.) Anyways, it's just a fact that Mac is better.

The only pro's to PC are:

1) Cheaper to make and buy (for a piece of crap one)

2) More people make software for it because its cheaper.

3) You get to throw it out the window at 4 months to get a new one. (if its a cheap one. A good one, I give it a year or so.)

Why do you think there are so many threads on here asking for help with people PC's? Because they just fail. The ONLY reason I have Windows, not a PC, Windows, is to play BF.

Edit:

lavadisk wrote:

Somebody's mr.mad mac fan (xBlackPantherx, xBlackPantherx,xBlackPantherx,xBlackPantherx)
How about you be quiet redneck. BTW, learn how to spell and use grammar.

lavadisk wrote:

Somebody's Mr. Mad Mac fan (xBlackPantherx,it's called "Space Bar" xBlackPantherx, xBlackPantherx, xBlackPantherx.)

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2007-07-18 11:57:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard