killinzero1
+14|6389

OmniDeath wrote:

firefox.
mafropetee
+18|6145|Altamonte Springs, FL
if you want more code support, or if you do some coding yourself (like custom myspace profiles) then IE7 is better.

if you want a custom interface and a little bit better organization, then firefox is better. it has custom skins that are easy to apply.

sometimes it just comes down to pure personal preference. i use both, but mainly IE7. the only time i use FF is if im on someones myspace and cant find the add button because their damn coding is screwed up, then i just use the "no page style" button.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6233

BeerzGod wrote:

IE7. Tabbed browser owns.
I too love tabbing through different windows.  I wonder how the non-thieves at Microsoft ever came up with such a great idea all on their own without any help or copying it exactly from someone else...
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
firefox.
Follow Kyle's guide and it makes it run a lot faster and smoother than IE.

And it gets rid of 99% of advertisements on websites. I almost forgot there was adverts on the stats pages.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6392|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Where do you go to see what version your running?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6353|uk

Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!
Opera!!!!!!!

(Opera)
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

Ctrl+R, no mouse required.  Never got a virus from using IE, only from downloading questionable stuff, or not scanning when i should have.
f5 ftw!

To all you i.e. users...do most of the site you use run smoothly? I seem to always get complaints about my website from i.e. users. And I hate it, not them.
I use IE 6 and it never crashes, never freezes, and all websites load/run fine. Except for the one that are made for FF only...
You mean the ones built to web standards properly and not purposefully broken to accommodate i.e. ? Yeah, its a bad habit of mine to write non-effed up code but i.e. no likey.
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

mafropetee wrote:

if you want more code support, or if you do some coding yourself (like custom myspace profiles) then IE7 is better.

if you want a custom interface and a little bit better organization, then firefox is better. it has custom skins that are easy to apply.

sometimes it just comes down to pure personal preference. i use both, but mainly IE7. the only time i use FF is if im on someones myspace and cant find the add button because their damn coding is screwed up, then i just use the "no page style" button.
this post hurts my brain.

what type of coding is done for a myspace profile? CSS? a buncha flashing tiled backgrounds that hurt the eyes?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6131|North Tonawanda, NY
Use IE7 with the IE7Pro addon, for Flash and Ad blocking.

It works great for me.

I also use Firefox on my Win2000 laptop...IE7 can't install on that and I needed tabbed browsing.  Both are fine though.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Your choice of web browser does not make you leet ... honestly, get over yourself.
Shakez
+39|6171
Ie7 > Ie6
Nakamp
+25|6196|Czech Republic
firefox > opera >>>>>>>>>>>>> IE7 > IE 6
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
Opera FTW it has tabebd browsing too, i also use firefox when i want to listen to music at the same time though with its media controls in an add on, got to love all the useless but fun widgets you can get with opera though like binarization which confuses the hell out of people when i suddenly start talking in binary (I'm such a nerd sometimes wait no most of the time)  I don't really like I.E to be honest.

i use opera more though because of its tabbed browsing. well and i can't be bothered to copy to firefox shortcut to my desktop as well.

Last edited by Noobeater (2007-07-16 13:10:32)

ReTox
+100|6500|State of RETOXification
IE7 is a direct copy of the IE6 code tree then modified.  It still has a lot of the unannounced bugs and problems of IE6.  In fact they even used an old copy of the code tree since they have already found holes in IE7 that were patched in IE6.

Any web developer will tell you that IE is shit.  FF and Opera FTW.

As an aside, MS did the same for Vista.  They said it was a new OS but 75% of it is directly from Windows XP/2000 and it took MS how many years to get Vista out the door?
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

ReTox wrote:

IE7 is a direct copy of the IE6 code tree then modified.  It still has a lot of the unannounced bugs and problems of IE6.  In fact they even used an old copy of the code tree since they have already found holes in IE7 that were patched in IE6.

Any web developer will tell you that IE is shit.  FF and Opera FTW.

As an aside, MS did the same for Vista.  They said it was a new OS but 75% of it is directly from Windows XP/2000 and it took MS how many years to get Vista out the door?
In your own words, define "code tree"
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6204
IE7, while better than IE6, is still a bloated pile of shit. Poor CSS support and plenty of security holes.

mafropetee wrote:

You do realize that IE7's CSS support is horrible, right?

It's not a matter of preference. It's Firefox or bust.

Last edited by Cerpin_Taxt (2007-07-16 18:50:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard