fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6513|Menlo Park, CA
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279213,00.html

THANK GOD!!

Fuck Teddy Kennedy and George W. Bush!! Take your bullshit bill and shove it up your ass!!

Amnesty didnt work in 1986 and it sure as hell isnt going to work in 07'!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL
https://www.perfectdress.net/images/Groomsman.jpg
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6559|Chicago
Despite my liberal stance, I am eternally happy this bill was shot down.

It was made of suck and fail... and tacos.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6728
*Hallelulah chorus starts to play*
YYEESS!!!!  I am so relieved.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2007-06-07 18:57:06)

The_Mac
+96|6247
I was thinking it was going to pass.
Thank heavens not.
Bonesaw
+8|6641
thank god!

did you hear about the rider that was tacked on? it made english the national language.

now if we can only get that rider passed without some gay law with it
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command
Bush said last week that not supporting the bill was being "against the future of America".
Mike Chertoff said " what's the problem, are you racist."
McCain said " we are not going to erect barriers and fences"
Lindsey Graham said " we are going to make the bigots shut up"

Goodbye Republican party it was nice knowing you.
I'd rather see a nuclear attack in Washington  than have the status quo.

Bastards.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6570|San Diego, CA, USA
Its not dead yet...like a Zombie you have to blow its head off so until McCain and Kennedy are out of the picture...its STILL ALIVE.

McCain got hit HARD in the polls - I'm expecting a 5-8% dip in the polls.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6695|Colorado
I for one am sick & tired of supporting families, that I don't even get an invitation to dinner, through altruistic services which I never voted for.
The bill sounded unrealistic for both sides, so we end up no where with it while the politicians & illegals still get paid. Anyone currently in office will be voted out by me with sickening disgust.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6302
Sorry guys, I can't do anything at this point but laugh and wonder how long before someone tries to make this the fault of "liberals" and not the politicians that just shivved you in the McRibs after you voted for them.
golgoj4
+51|6796|North Hollywood
Come on people, did ANYONE think this was gonna fly? It seemed like complete bs and it was never gonna be resolved. I like ATG's idea. What was that Tom Clancy book called...ha, Debt of Honor  Bastards...i hope they all lose their office.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6687|NT, like Mick Dundee

Fucking corporations.

Raise the minimum wage and make it un-equitable for the guys who employ the illegals to do so.

Build a massive wall and guard the fucking border.

Save the USA...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6570|San Diego, CA, USA
Looks like McCain's support of this bill is the death Nell for his Presidential bid.  He's down in the polls and down in contributions.

https://www.foxnews.com/images/feed_rcp_src.gif

Republican Presidential Nomination

Code:

RCP Average
Giuliani     28.6%
Thompson     19.2%
McCain       15.4%
Romney       9.6%
Giuliani   +9.4%

Last edited by Harmor (2007-07-14 21:07:58)

iamangry
+59|6667|The United States of America
Seriously though everyone, our nation dodged a MASSIVE bullet with the final death of that bill recently.  Bigger than terrorism or China.

In the next election, I implore you all to vote for independents.  We need to destroy our 2 party system.  It's grip has become too tight on our nation, and both institutions have become too corrupt.  They are a cancer on our nation, and it is up to the people to cut them out.  They almost owned this country over corporate sponsorships and a new voting "market".  That is unforgivable.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS
Incomprehending?

What is this all about again? Someone want to give me a rundown of what this bill is about and why it's universally hated (apparently) by both sides of politics?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6513|Menlo Park, CA

Spark wrote:

Incomprehending?

What is this all about again? Someone want to give me a rundown of what this bill is about and why it's universally hated (apparently) by both sides of politics?
More or less it does more harm than good!!  It solves nothing. . . . it literally was a publicity stunt that if passed would have been aweful on the country and devastating on the border states. . . . mine (CA) in particular!

I could go on for paragraph after paragraph. . . . But if both political parties were vehemently opposed to the bill (more Republican than Democrat, but all the moderates on both sides puked at this bill) there is something inherently wrong going on!!! 

It was a complete and total amnesty bill. . . . a complete disregard for current American law as it is written!! Its so anti American!! Just thinking of the bill and its potential of it's passing makes me irate!!! Complete sellout bill supported by a president trying to salvage a legacy!! Nobody fell for it thank god!!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6687|NT, like Mick Dundee

iamangry wrote:

Seriously though everyone, our nation dodged a MASSIVE bullet with the final death of that bill recently.  Bigger than terrorism or China.

In the next election, I implore you all to vote for independents.  We need to destroy our 2 party system.  It's grip has become too tight on our nation, and both institutions have become too corrupt.  They are a cancer on our nation, and it is up to the people to cut them out.  They almost owned this country over corporate sponsorships and a new voting "market".  That is unforgivable.
Can somebody say....

Electoral colledge!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6427|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

Goodbye Republican party it was nice knowing you.
I'd rather see a nuclear attack in Washington  than have the status quo.

Bastards.
Well, at least we agree on something.
The_Mac
+96|6247

ATG wrote:

McCain said " we are not going to erect barriers and fences"

Bastards.
I wish McCain would hurry up and declare himself a democrat already. He doesn't belong in the Republican party.
SGT.Mays
+2|6765|Ohio
Easiest fix to the problem is to pay illegals the same wages for the same work. Make it so companies have to hire illegals at the minimum wage and the appeal of hiring them will vanish. No idea on how to enforce this but hey it would work.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS

fadedsteve wrote:

Spark wrote:

Incomprehending?

More or less it does more harm than good!!  It solves nothing. . . . it literally was a publicity stunt that if passed would have been aweful on the country and devastating on the border states. . . . mine (CA) in particular!

I could go on for paragraph after paragraph. . . . But if both political parties were vehemently opposed to the bill (more Republican than Democrat, but all the moderates on both sides puked at this bill) there is something inherently wrong going on!!! 

It was a complete and total amnesty bill. . . . a complete disregard for current American law as it is written!! Its so anti American!! Just thinking of the bill and its potential of it's passing makes me irate!!! Complete sellout bill supported by a president trying to salvage a legacy!! Nobody fell for it thank god!!
Um... OK.

What is this bill about again?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6541|Πάϊ
So what does the bill propose exactly?

Last edited by oug (2007-07-16 06:56:21)

ƒ³
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA
Amnesty. But not Amnesty. But really its Amnesty. And your unpatriotic and don't care about America's future if you don't support it. At least according to an asshole that was elected twice.

BTW FadedSteve. You sound like you don't know what your talking about. No offense.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-07-16 06:59:15)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6764|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/graphics/2007/07/12/ixd12big.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard