Poll

Do you change the camera view in vehicles?

Almost everychance I get.35%35% - 37
Never, I'm busy manning the turret.5%5% - 6
There's a way to change the camera view? O_o ('C' key)0%0% - 1
Only when I'm driving and need not focus on killing.18%18% - 19
Only to spot sneaky little dirtbags behind me. >_>22%22% - 24
Only to annoy my team. ^_^0%0% - 0
If only I could find that damned key . . .0%0% - 1
Only when flying.16%16% - 17
Total: 105
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6164|San Antonio, Texas
I only do it when I'm driving a car where I don't have to shoot anything. It really gives you a wider view, like the AT behind the crate or sniper to the left/right.

It's handy in tanks if a Spec comes up to the opposite side of the turret to blow it up. I know people don't use the different views, because I can get right up to their back and blow them up.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6643|The Netherlands
only car driving
CloakedStarship
+76|6581
In transport vehicles, always 3rd person.

In jets, constantly changing between 1st person and fly by.  (In accordance with the guide a la sarge1.4)

Otherwise, i leave it.
Oronisi
+4|6460
All the damn time.  While moving in a transport, 3rd person.  While in armor, 1st person unless I am staying still (capping), then I flip between all views.
Curtor
+6|6165|Canada
Yeah, pretty much the same as above.  (Your poll does not have the 'never, I enjoy the first person realism view' option )
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6665
i get rid of the cockpit in my chopper.
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6167|Some Pub in Valletta
Only on Transport vehicles
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6508|Land of Cotton
Good topic.

I just recently learned how to do this. I think it helps. Especially with the limited view of some of the vehicles.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6553|Chicago
I use it when driving and capping, never while gunning.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6288

RedTwizzler wrote:

I use it when driving and capping, never while gunning.
yh same here,its pretty usefull when capping bcuz u have a bigger LoS and u can see sneaky enemies with c4
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6582|England

Light/Heavy Transport & Boats: F10 view at all times.
Jets: F9 (no cockpit) for bomber and gunner, and I use F10/11/12 for checking behind, etc.
Armour: F9 always, sometimes F10/F11 in flag zones for checking on spec op fags with C4 (saves spinning the turret constantly).
Choppers: F9, no cockpit for pilot and gunner.
AA: F9.

As a passenger in any vehicle: F10 view, sometimes F9 in APC (the guns can do damage ).
Arkosh~Kovash
+0|6682|the Dirty Dirty
i like to use it while in armor at a flag. gotta keep an eye out for the sneaky C4 guys... those bastards! you better have the camera rotation memorized or else you will be rotating thru it like a madman when you need to get back to FP.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6302|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
No. I love to see it in first person.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6801|Perth, Western Australia
LOL I drive FAV's in third person. And I'm always checking the rearview in Chopper and Jets compusively every like... 20 seconds.
aj0405
+19|6177
i use it in cars because it helps me run people over,plus i get to see them go flying.i use it in jets and choppers as well to see those bastards trying to creep up behind me.

Last edited by aj0405 (2007-07-13 21:02:38)

-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6642|Quebec city, Canada
never in transport vehicle, I hate the 3rd person view
in tanks, only f11 to see behind me
in choppers, I only get rid of the cockpit
and in plane, normal view or f11 to see behind me.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6588

I switch views all the time in jets/helicopters and I've got in the habit of doing it every time a building/tree/object is near. If you don't use your other views in a plane, anyone who does will shoot you down with no trouble.
t0mhank5
+319|6728|Surge
My C key is all worn down from changing camera views... i can only see the top of the letter.
Smithereener
+138|6332|California
Light/Heavy transports - Usually drive it in 3rd person.
Tanks/APCs - When near a flag, I cycle views somewhat constantly to check for any sneaky bastards.
Helis - Cycle through for fun, don't use attack choppers much so...
Jets - 1. Get rid of cockpit. 2. Flyby (although I don't use it very well ) 3. Rear view to see if anyone is on my six.
arnica
+18|6696|Sydney
Only when I'm driving the car.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6812|Barrington, RI
when flying jets I'm always switching between cockpit and fly by. I'll switch views when flying choppers but no as often if i'm gunning. Jeeps all the time. Tanks and apc's almost never.,
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6642|Quebec city, Canada

t0mhank5 wrote:

My C key is all worn down from changing camera views... i can only see the top of the letter.
lol same thing here, my c key is the best sign of hardcore gaming on my keyboard.. Strangely, I never use it to change view.. I must have used it a lot in my good old days of Call of duty then.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6723|67.222.138.85
Cars third person, all aerial vehicles get rid of cockpit, and in all vehicles cycle camera views for situational awareness.
ReTox
+100|6515|State of RETOXification
DPV + F-10 = Easy RKs
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6714

I hit (v for me) once in a jet or helo but that's about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard