icecreamgod
+13|6163
Why would anyone give assault class a hard time? Comeon its a fun class to play, you're in the firefight, you have 3 great guns at your disposal, you are a bullet eating machine, and best of all... you are a killing machine. now I have never once gotten first with an assault or racked up hundreds of points, but hey, I am sitting pretty in the 60s after an 8 minute IO only server and I think its fun. Doesn't anyone else? I mean it takes skill to get multiple kills per death and living in the danger is somewhat exiciting. Sure they got the n00b tube, but hey, snipers got claymores, spec ops got c4, everyone has their own thing.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6749|Chicago.
People will always complain about kits that they do not specialize in. Or kits they cannot use properly. Or kits they do not fully understand.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada
I like assault class, everything but the G3.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6559

BigmacK wrote:

People will always complain about kits that they do not specialize in. Or kits they cannot use properly. Or kits they do not fully understand.
are you not the mod who left? lol i could have sworn it was you
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land
Assault class is bashed a lot because the noob tube is hard to use at longer range, and people don't like the way that it can kill you regardless of how fast you aim at the head...  Definitely one of the most powerful but more difficult to use tools in an infantryman's arsenal, but people dislike powerful and hard to use
Donald O' Brien
+104|6702
It's a fun class to play for sure, but it serves no purpose when trying to win a game (unless you are playing SF, but that's another story).  The only thing it specializes in is killing, which you can do well enough with other classes while using their specialties at the same time, like reviving teammates.  It just ends up being a redundant, useless class.
icecreamgod
+13|6163
yeah it seems that way, its just lame i see people bitching left and right about whoring, sniping, n00b tubing, it just seems like the complaining never stops. would everyone just get a grip and play this game and do whatever makes you happy. i started playing this game for fun, now i play semi-professionally in tournaments, but the one thing i never lose sight of is having fun. i use icecreamgod primarily for sometimes checking up on the rankings and stats cause the long term is fun, but bf2pro is where i mostly live now, and i love how in bf2pro, no one bitches about anything.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land
all the pro teams use an assault, depending on the map and where the flags are.  So its obviously not a redundant useless kit
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6668|Everett, WA, US

BigmacK wrote:

I don't.  But then again, I don't play the kits like everyone else.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6462|A W S M F O X
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6749|Chicago.

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

are you not the mod who left? lol i could have sworn it was you
I'm gone tomorrow.
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned
This is the first time i've ever heard about assault bashing. I don't see a use for them, Couldn't support be the same thing as assault? I dunno, I snipe so i'll let you guys go at it. If you complain about a kit, you cant use it or your just really mad at a certain guy that keeps killing you.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Why bash any class?

They are all whored and exploited all the time.
confused
+10|6392|British Columbia

Donald O' Brien wrote:

It's a fun class to play for sure, but it serves no purpose when trying to win a game (unless you are playing SF, but that's another story).  The only thing it specializes in is killing, which you can do well enough with other classes while using their specialties at the same time, like reviving teammates.  It just ends up being a redundant, useless class.
Its easier to kill with assault rifle than smg.  For people who don't like to be tk'ed because they didn't throw a medpack to someone, assault class is a good choice.
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Why bash any class?

Agreed.
You know, to make medics more useful, htey should make it if you get shot, you slowly lose health. That way a medic HAS to heal you so you dont die from a gunshot wound. As of now, medics are a pansy class IMO
icecreamgod
+13|6163

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Why bash any class?

DAMN IT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WHORING! JUST GOOD PLAYING! god i hate this whoring/exploited bullshit. people play the way they want to get the points they want. end of story. and if you can't so called "whore" that just means you aren't good.
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6137
Medic/support/sniper are just the 'Fast stats' classes....
Medic: revive/heal bag (all the time) + pwnage weapons
Support: ammo bags (trow all the time)+lazy/easy killing
Sniper: Easy killing/Sniper rifle + pistol combo + claywhores yeyeyye

Don't really play much the other kits since...i just dont lol (bad with the tube )
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned
gaymore, grenade spammer, SVD whores (no offense) yeah tere is whoreing buddy, playing good is being able to work as a team and being able to get the round done quickly. Whoring is that guy who will stand on a roof and have a constant grenade barrage, or a floor of claymores.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas
It's not as explosive for me, but once I get the F2K, I'll play Ass. more. You make many good points, but I can't use the G3 or standard guns well enough. Even with all that extra armor, I still get blown to bits.
agent146
+127|6385|Jesus Land aka Canada
i guess assault is not really a "uber fast" stats class but i have done pretty well it of it. because with the assault you have to play "long range style" with its rifle. the grenade launcher is also plus that set the assault class on it own.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

BigmacK wrote:

Perfect Example! Sniper!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6677|In You Endo- Stoke
I can play the assault class fine,i just find the other kits more intresting.

Assault is going to be the last class i play for 100hours,its just like playing medic but with the paddles and health packs.
SGT.Mays
+2|6741|Ohio
I love the assult class, damn near only thing i play, i mean its the only class that can single handedly take out an entire squad and their "transport" (light cars). With out hiding or ambushing them. I mean sure you dont get points as fast but, I know I sure as hell get plenty of them.
I feel assult is more of a one man army. I mean god damn you have enough ammo to win a small war yourself. And if your any good you wont die too often (gunfights still hurt) if you know any form of tactics.
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned
That depends on hat gun your useing if you want to be a one man army. The G3 isnt the best choice, unless you put it on single, save those bullets!!
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6593|Las Vegas, NV USA
Playing the assault class kinda defines match players vs. point players for me.  With assault to be effective, someone needs to be a bit more imaginative to earn points outside of the revive/heal/resupply methods.  It's easy to earn points with medic or support, especially if you spam ammo and medpacks at every opportunity.  That's the one thing that drives me nuts with most other medic/support players:  They drop ammo/medpacks so often that it often doesn't help your team more than the opposing team.

To be a truly effective medic or support, you should be killing the other team first, and healing/resupplying your team when needed.  Not the other way around.

Playing assault takes another level of understanding to play effectively.  You're not constantly worrying about dumping supplies, and you learn to be a bit more effective by conserving/preserving your ammo and health.

So, ultimately, the only reason Assault is bashed is that it's harder to farm points than the other infantry, combat-focused kits:  Medic and Support.

P.S.  The G3 ROCKS!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard