SkylineGTR
+2|6134

cowami wrote:

SkylineGTR wrote:

Then why is it that when I aim for their head, i shoot, they dont die or dont even get hit? lol
You have to lead the target, dumbass. Bullets take time to travel from point A to point B, ya know?
dumbass? Im not saying when they are running... i mean when they are prone/standing.

and how much is 1 pixl above?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6517|Adelaide, South Australia

Type 88
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6320|Orrstrayleea
Close range = SVD or Type 88
Mid range = M95 (IMO it has the most bullet drop) or Type 88
Lone range = M24 or L96A1

Last edited by Pea....Tear.....Griffen (2007-07-12 00:51:33)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6718|The Netherlands
I love the l96a1, the m95 comes second. Both are great rifles but i prefer to use the l96 for long range and i seem to get more hits with the l96. The m95 is great for shooting at choppers on maps like wake. If there's no infantry to shoot at, i love pounding choppers with the m95.

A couple of days ago some dumbass tried to get some easy points by hovering his chopper next to our flag.

https://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4241/screen1194zs0.th.png
dill13
+67|6192

Bullet drop is the same on all guns accept sub machine guns and the m24 and l96a1 seem more accurate because they are.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6619|Gold coast, Aus.

dill13 wrote:

Bullet drop is the same on all guns accept sub machine guns and the m24 and l96a1 seem more accurate because they are.
Pretty sure SMG's have the same bullet drop - but are so inaccurate they sometimes shoot above/below where your aiming, and the bullet drop 'drops' somewhere different.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6461|A W S M F O X
SVD all ranges.
Slickfish
+24|6621
the rare times I go sniper I tend to use M24 or SVD, M24 for range, SVD for closer stuff.
I find it very hard to hit at distance with the SVD but im pretty sure thats just lack of practice.

M24 looks cools and sounds cool, thats enough for me at my current sniper skill level.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma

some_random_panda wrote:

I use the M95 if I want to cause damage.  I use the L96 when I want headshots.  It evens out.
M95 does EXACTLY the same damage to people as the L96 and M24.  The M24 and L96 are practically the same, except the L96 loads 1 second quicker.  Thats the difference.M95 only does 200 damage to vehicles and objects.

IMO from those facts, the L96 is the best for accuracy and damage.

SVD wins for short range though i prefer the scope on the Type 88
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Skullcleaver
+7|6155|Michigan
I'm using the M95 now most of the time cuz i like dropping the armored guys down to two bars, M24 and L96 only take them to 40%. Works for me since i miss the headshot often and need the pistol to finish them off. As to hitting the arty island on Wake. I snipe from behind the wrecked plane west of the North base and get headshots by aiming about  1/8 inch over their heads, i was using the l96 at the time. May not work for others with different graphics settings, but my comp lags with the higher resolution settings. Not sure if that makes a diff but i have read on here it does.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6525|So Cal
all of you shut the fuck up with your 'hooray for a dead sniper' comments... faggots
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys
M95- noob ejector
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6525|So Cal
speaking of which, Patton, we need to go camp an airfield man....
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
usually switch rifles around according to my mood
dill13
+67|6192

gene_pool wrote:

Pretty sure SMG's have the same bullet drop - but are so inaccurate they sometimes shoot above/below where your aiming, and the bullet drop 'drops' somewhere different.
Actually pistols and smgs (not a hundred percent sure on pistols) shoot at 500m/s while all others shoot at 1000m/s which makes pistols and smgs have larger bullet drop
icecreamgod
+13|6163
OK ENDING ALL PROBLEMS!!! i love sniping, however i don't do it for the allure of being sneaky and all that shit. Let me break down the weapons for you so you will know what to chooes for each situation.

M24: Use it for really long distances, it has the fastest bullet travel time so your when you are guestimating for your bullet drop, its not too far from the target. (across the desert in jalabad)

M95: Use it in the city for targets ranging from 20 meters to 200 meters. It has a medium bullet travel time, only draw back to this gun is hitting guys with low visibility due to its fatty ass crosshair. Other than that (one of my favorites). Does heavy damage, great for cloes range and city combat because most likely the guy is slightly injured and you don't have to go for the headshot for the kill.

L96: Use it mainly for medium distances with low visiblity. I find this rifle mainly useful if you are fighting in Jalabad on the far right side (rushing towards the first sets of rocks on the right). Its great for guys peeking BARELY over/between/under rocks, for guys in windows and doorways. Its small crosshair is extremely great for truly zeroing in on your targets.

So what I am saying is, each gun serves its purpose. Use the right one in the right situation, and if you are out your element... compensate.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land
all sniper rifles have the same bullet drop/bullet speed, but because of off center crosshairs and such it can appear differently.  the M95 has the same deviation as the SVD/Type 88, so at extreme ranges it has more deviation, but it really is not very noticeable..
icecreamgod
+13|6163

Blehm98 wrote:

all sniper rifles have the same bullet drop/bullet speed, but because of off center crosshairs and such it can appear differently.  the M95 has the same deviation as the SVD/Type 88, so at extreme ranges it has more deviation, but it really is not very noticeable..
i don't know about that, because speed is definitley a requirement for the m24 to travel up to a 1000 meters and each gun i have used definitley has their own feel and time to kill. i noticed when using the m24 and i go for the headshot, it almost immediatley always says on the left "You killed (name)"

while with the L96 or m95 i shoot, takes a bit and then appears with the "You killed (name)"
Mordoc_the_Gorilla
Banned
M95 is teh pwnzor. I don't see how the crosshairs are a problems, they arnt thick to me, and the M95 has the worst bullet drop thats why its best to use it on Ghost town , city maps. IF you dont kill them in one shot, get out the pistol and pop of 2-3 shots

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard