Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK
https://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1461/petrolconsumptionjp2.jpg

I just saw this and I think it's crazy, and I think that aside from the USA's consumption the amount we British use for the size of our tiny island is crazy! Although we do seem to pay a very high premium for it which I don't beleive is fair at all!

How much petrol do you use a week? I typically use about £20-25 a week getting to and from work which equates to about 20 litres of unleaded petrol.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Well my motorbike costs me about £7-8 a week. One of mybest mates ST however, costs him up to about £90 a week.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Wow, Turkish people get royally screwed when it comes to petrol price. I thought we had it worst.

Americans, now can you stop talking about high petrol prices!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Mekstizzle wrote:

No
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Holy mother of god...  I knew we used a lot, but shit...  "Addicted to oil" is an understatement....

I'm surprised the price hasn't gone up more for us, given that info.
dill13
+67|6163

Milk.org wrote:

I just saw this and I think it's crazy, and I think that aside from the USA's consumption the amount we British use for the size of our tiny island is crazy! Although we do seem to pay a very high premium for it which I don't beleive is fair at all!

How much petrol do you use a week? I typically use about £20-25 a week getting to and from work which equates to about 20 litres of unleaded petrol.
how many people live in england and how many non petrol power plants do you have

Last edited by dill13 (2007-07-11 15:38:42)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

usmarine2005 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No
Accept that we get more screwed!

You know even 1.8 liter engines sounds abit much now, i'm going to stick to 1.6 and below.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Mekstizzle wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

No
Accept that we get more screwed!

You know even 1.8 liter engines sounds abit much now, i'm going to stick to 1.6 and below.
Well ive got a 0.125 litre so
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
dill13
+67|6163

I just read the population of Britain is 60 million thats twice the population of canada and we have alot of alternate power plants and stilluse twice as much fuel as you i really dont think that yours is so bad.
FathomsDown
+19|6621|England
My X5 costs about £80 for a tank of diesel. It does do about 35mpg though so its not that much of a gas guzzler.

I remember the last time I was in the US and one of the car adverts was boating about the "amazing 20mpg" on one of their cars.... I nearly fell off my bar stool!
Turquoise
O Canada

FathomsDown wrote:

My X5 costs about £80 for a tank of diesel. It does do about 35mpg though so its not that much of a gas guzzler.

I remember the last time I was in the US and one of the car adverts was boating about the "amazing 20mpg" on one of their cars.... I nearly fell off my bar stool!
LOL....  We do have more fuel efficient vehicles, and they have started to catch on in sales, but we do have a long way to go.

You have an X5, and you live in Britain?  Geez, you must be loaded...  lol  I bet the taxes on that thing were lethal....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
Solution:

https://www.coolhunting.com/images/puma-Bike-Profile.jpg
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6201
Is it just me or is this graph stupid?  Of course America uses a lot of gas, but we have a lot more people than most of the countries on that list.  How about a graph that shows gas consumption per capita?
Turquoise
O Canada

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Is it just me or is this graph stupid?  Of course America uses a lot of gas, but we have a lot more people than most of the countries on that list.  How about a graph that shows gas consumption per capita?
Try adding all of the people on the list, and then compare the population total to our own population.  That part should amaze you.  China alone has way more people than us.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-07-11 16:25:54)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Are you for real?
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6725|United States of America

Turquoise wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Try adding all of the people on the list, and then compare the population total to our own population.  That part should amaze you.  China alone has way more people than us.
And far fewer vehicles... China may be growing, but the populace is still poor.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Back to school NOW.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FathomsDown
+19|6621|England

Turquoise wrote:

You have an X5, and you live in Britain?  Geez, you must be loaded...  lol  I bet the taxes on that thing were lethal....
£180 for six months road tax and all the fuel duty make it about average. Its the first time I've had an X5, I'd always had 3 series before that (from my first car) so I'm sort of used to it.
PureFodder
+225|6255

sexecuti0ner wrote:

I guess you missed some geography classes there.

btw. I walk/bus/train, saves me loads of money.

Last edited by PureFodder (2007-07-11 16:32:16)

sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6201

Milk.org wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Are you for real?
I'm not saying that we don't use a lot of gas, I'm just saying that this graph is structured to make America seem worse than it is.  To me, a per-capita graph would paint a better picture.
PureFodder
+225|6255

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Are you for real?
I'm not saying that we don't use a lot of gas, I'm just saying that this graph is structured to make America seem worse than it is.  To me, a per-capita graph would paint a better picture.
Even per capita, it'd still be real bad for the US. The only country that would even get close would be Canada.

Last edited by PureFodder (2007-07-11 16:38:40)

Turquoise
O Canada

Miller wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

And far fewer vehicles... China may be growing, but the populace is still poor.
True, but you can even leave out China.  Japan has tons of vehicles, and they have 127 million people.  That's nearly 1/2 of our population, and their standard of living is only slightly lower than ours.

Japan consumes a small fraction of what we do.  Then, throw in Germany...  They have plenty of cars and are close to our standard of living...  They have 80 million people.  The U.K. has 60 million and plenty of cars too.

Just those three countries alone are a total of 267 million people.  That's roughly 5/6 of our population (300 million), and the consumption looks like about 1/5 or 1/6 of ours.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
I luuurrrvve the smell of petrol.

I can't believe that Turkey get screwed even more than we do, especially considering their geographical location.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England

PureFodder wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

Are you for real?
Even per capita, it'd still be real bad for the US. The only country that would even get close would be Canada.
QFT, I did a bit of research and found this. Sorry I couldn't convert it to a graph, but you get the picture.

https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/Murta44/Pics/PetrolPerCapita.jpg

I'm afraid it really doesn't paint a better picture sexecuti0ner.

Source:  www.earthtrends.wri.org

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2007-07-11 17:14:17)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard