[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6237|Finland
Well we were playing on karkand with my clan mate, he was on enemy side and we both had tanks(with full health) and we were on ventrilo...
I shot him once with tank so he backed up and made smoke and repaired his tank, well when he went inside it same time i just used shell in middle of smoke, it was 1 hit kill... HOW? How can u blow full health tank out with one shot? Still so weird...

So i guess it was glitch or there is some really weak places on every vehicle...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6535|Adelaide, South Australia

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

Well we were playing on karkand with my clan mate, he was on enemy side and we both had tanks(with full health) and we were on ventrilo...
I shot him once with tank so he backed up and made smoke and repaired his tank, well when he went inside it same time i just used shell in middle of smoke, it was 1 hit kill... HOW? How can u blow full health tank out with one shot? Still so weird...

So i guess it was glitch or there is some really weak places on every vehicle...

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

there is some really weak places on every vehicle...
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6158
Yup I've witnessed all-sorts.  The front treads is the obvious weak spot (takes the tank down to just under half health) but there are some others, too.  One tank dude shot me down to 3 bars in a single shot, then blew my friend's tank up with one shot.  He was either lucky or knows something I don't.  I know about the instant kill shot (where it richochets off the flat part under the turret into the turret giving double damage) but I've never had anyone hit me down to 3 bars in one shot.
firebolt5
+114|6171
Well, yeah, .50 caliber can penetrate most armor...
Homercide
+21|6583
But in BF2 this is the only spot where a 50 cal can give an APC damage. I guess in real life the APCs in the game would take damage anyway from 50 cal fire, but this doesn't matter since it's an arcadegame, not a simulator in any way.
But still, this is quite useful to know especially if you find yourself standing behind a fence, like the one in MECbase karkand with a mounted 50cal against a baseraping US-APC.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6428|Belgium
Known for a long time in my clan. One of our members made it vid about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7C55BwLwJ0
He first shoots it with the m95 to mark the spot and to show it to the viewers in case you're wondering.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6470|USA
Get behind a fence in a vodnik and shoot away. Apc's can't shoot through fences but vodniks can.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6479|meh-land
I think only the M1A2 Abrams has the one shot spot, either that or it has the easiest spot to hit
its the armor on top of one of the treads.  If hit right, the shot bounces and then hits again, killing the tank in one shot or damaging it severely
dill13
+67|6209

hit the lav on that lip below the sweet spot and its instantly afire one grenade lancher shot to tires or treads on tanks makes the sweet spot an instant kill.
aj0405
+19|6176

_NL_Lt.EngineerFox wrote:

Works with the minigun aswell.
the minigun is very effective against APCs,it will absolutely waste them regardless of where you hit.
GR34
+215|6561|ALBERTA> CANADA
IF you play PR it also works on the warrior you can pwn it with you jihad truck its sweet
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6373|the Great British Queendom :)
I always thought the join between the turret and base was the weakest point on any tank or armoured vechile? Being the weakest point?
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6283|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Can we please get a pic of this sweet-spot.
If i'm in a tank or mounted gun and the APC is looking somewhere else, I'm gonna have a go at popping it!

EDIT: I mean Tank .50 cal

Last edited by Ninja_Kid2002 (2007-07-12 00:18:58)

dill13
+67|6209

you cant hurt the tank or any other apc with the 50cal that i no of.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6485

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Can we please get a pic of this sweet-spot.
If i'm in a tank or mounted gun and the APC is looking somewhere else, I'm gonna have a go at popping it!

EDIT: I mean Tank .50 cal
You can't hit it if the APC is looking somewhere else, since the sweetspot is next to the turret...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
dill13
+67|6209

it could see you in its peripherals but its focus could be an another vehical(ie tank,apc)
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6678|Groningen, The Netherlands

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

CDK3Y wrote:

upload and mark a picture of the apc...that might help you in telling us where the sweet spot is
The sweet spot is a bit right from the main turret.I think
heres the sweet spot 

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9336 … derfs8.jpg
If that's the sweet spot, it appears an apc must be looking straight at you in order for you to hit it

I dont want apc's looking straight at me xD

Last edited by Gamematt (2007-07-12 00:33:47)

Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6386|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Ryan wrote:

I've never noticed this, but good luck hitting the APC in that precise spot during a tank battle.
Yep, as a tanker I always shoot the gunner out whilst in an APC, as I usually expect to get killed by a tank in a 1v1.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6543|Belgium

nighthawk843 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I've never noticed this, but good luck hitting the APC in that precise spot during a tank battle.
Yep, as a tanker I always shoot the gunner out whilst in an APC, as I usually expect to get killed by a tank in a 1v1.
Shoot one rocket while blasting your main gun, hide, reload, shoot the other rocket while blasting your normal gun again. Tank = down. (not always that easy though apc is very slow in backwards)

I once took out tank + apc with my apc (no supply crates or repairing of any kind).

or the tank vs tank +2 apc's. Those are the good moments.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6582|England

PrivateVendetta wrote:

The minigun does damage anywhere on the APC, just not that much
Depends how close you are, i.e. how many bullets hit the APC. Ive taken out a good dozen or so with a 'hawk so far
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6167|Some Pub in Valletta
Straight to wish/fix list on 1.5, if they're (EA/DICE) still making one...
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6210|Schofield Barracks
i was playin ina server yesterday and me and my Friend were driven around in a stolen Humvee a LAV-25 come out of nowhere and he kills it with the 50 cal it s amazing but i cant find the rite place to hit it
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6707|Devon, England

PrivateVendetta wrote:

The minigun does damage anywhere on the APC, just not that much
The miniguns could take out anything pre 1.3
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6407|fåking denmark
As far as I know he APC isn't as heavy armoured as a Tank .. And if I remember it's under the catagorie as 'Light armoured vehicle' (Correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore a .50 (12,7mm) can penetrate it's armour ..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard