Jesus Christ, Another Religious Thread?11%11% - 34
Total: 303
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

akajoneye wrote:

Braddock wrote:

akajoneye wrote:

Until you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you will never see my face in the afterlife that you "wish" about.  I'm not saying this the Bible says it. I encourage you to read 2 books:  23 Minutes in Hell and 90 Minutes in Heaven.  The 23 minutes in Hell book is really "awakening". It gives non believers a glimse into the future they will be spending with all their "cool" friends from their earthly lives.
I was raised a Catholic until I rejected all the dogma and presumptions of the church. I used to stand in church and drone mechanically with everyone else and learn my prayers by rote. It wasn't easy openly rejecting the church here in Ireland back when I did but I couldn't continue in blind ignorance.

I now reject all forms of organised religion but believe that this does not mean I am not a spiritual person. I believe we as humans are missing the bigger picture and find it easier to attribute all the amazing things in this life to an identifiable figure of some sort ...a 'God'. This whole universe is alive like a giant organism and we are all part of it, that is what I believe is 'God' and we are all part of it. This theory has similarities with strands of Buddhist thought and other philosophies.

I've read a lot of the Bible and most of it seems to me to have been translated to the point where we will never truly know what was originally meant. A lot of it is also very insulting e.g. "menstruating women should be shunned" etc. and the fact that it is undeniably edited by humans (predominantly male) means its authenticity is questionable at best.

Do you believe your God is full of love for all mankind? Do you believe that this same God would punish a person in eternal damnation or purgatory after having lived a good life and developing their intellect over their whole life and coming to a reasoned decision not to believe in a God?
You know, thats what so sad about non believers. They go through life "developing there intellect" when the easiest thing to "develop" is right there in front of there face but they choose the ignore it. What a waste of GOD's given talents to us.
"developing THEIR intellect"

...I'm starting to believe you're just trying to wind us up!
V1king
+10|6157|Land of crocs and cane toads

Braddock wrote:

I was raised a Catholic until I rejected all the dogma and presumptions of the church. I used to stand in church and drone mechanically with everyone else and learn my prayers by rote. It wasn't easy openly rejecting the church here in Ireland back when I did but I couldn't continue in blind ignorance.

I now reject all forms of organised religion but believe that this does not mean I am not a spiritual person. I believe we as humans are missing the bigger picture and find it easier to attribute all the amazing things in this life to an identifiable figure of some sort ...a 'God'. This whole universe is alive like a giant organism and we are all part of it, that is what I believe is 'God' and we are all part of it. This theory has similarities with strands of Buddhist thought and other philosophies.

I've read a lot of the Bible and most of it seems to me to have been translated to the point where we will never truly know what was originally meant. A lot of it is also very insulting e.g. "menstruating women should be shunned" etc. and the fact that it is undeniably edited by humans (predominantly male) means its authenticity is questionable at best.

Do you believe your God is full of love for all mankind? Do you believe that this same God would punish a person in eternal damnation or purgatory after having lived a good life and developing their intellect over their whole life and coming to a reasoned decision not to believe in a God?
Good post mate, I tend to agree with what your saying but don't have the entire knowledge of the bible like yourself, only the basics but what you say about changes in references as the years have past is something I've heard before with other faiths were it is either purposely taken out of context or scrapped and re-written completely to suit the needs of those who control it.

As far as Jesus existing?  Yeah, I believe he existed like any other homo sapien. He has been used mainly as a reference point of belief and it could have been anyone.  He just happened to be chosen as that person.  Hmmmm.....GOD?  I've heard both stories on this figure, myth, etc...  Some say Jesus is the son of GOD but other say he IS GOD.  Got me stumped as to why 2 stories of the same person are different.  Either one is lying or they both are but in the end, there will never be proof, only belief.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

V1king wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Good post mate, I tend to agree with what your saying but don't have the entire knowledge of the bible like yourself, only the basics but what you say about changes in references as the years have past is something I've heard before with other faiths were it is either purposely taken out of context or scrapped and re-written completely to suit the needs of those who control it.

As far as Jesus existing?  Yeah, I believe he existed like any other homo sapien. He has been used mainly as a reference point of belief and it could have been anyone.  He just happened to be chosen as that person.  Hmmmm.....GOD?  I've heard both stories on this figure, myth, etc...  Some say Jesus is the son of GOD but other say he IS GOD.  Got me stumped as to why 2 stories of the same person are different.  Either one is lying or they both are but in the end, there will never be proof, only belief.
My Dad reads a lot about the life of Jesus (not the religious aspects). One book posits that during his life there was actually a vote among leading religious thinkers as to whether Jesus was to be regarded as the son of God (I think it may have been 'Bloodline Of The Holy Grail', not sure).

Also as an example of a mis-translation take the story of feeding the 5 thousand (Luke 9:10-17), sounds impressive feeding 5'000 people but some historians argue that there was a group during that time called 'the five thousand' and that there was not necessarily 5'000 mouths there to be fed on that exact occassion ...you can imagine how easily a mis-translation could occur there if this was the case.
V1king

akajoneye wrote:

You know, thats what so sad about non believers. They go through life "developing there intellect" when the easiest thing to "develop" is right there in front of there face but they choose the ignore it. What a waste of GOD's given talents to us.
So you're calling me and many other non believers sad and under developed?  There's a difference between you and I.  You believe what you read, I believe in myself. 

I also believe it's time for a beer, having sex with a nun and burning you at the stake...
akajoneye
+2|6138

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

akajoneye wrote:

We can only hope it can wake people up to the TRUTH of the Bible and that the only way to spend eternity in Heaven is BELIEVING that Jesus died for your sins. It's quite simple and it's a FREE gift from GOD that unfortunately MANY people will turn down and spend there afterlife in Hell. It's all in the Bible in black and white.
What if I don't want to spend my eternity in heaven?  I have heard stories about heaven, but what if it's not all its cracked up to be?  Can someone who has been there tell me what its like?
Read the book 23 minutes in Hell and get back to me.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

akajoneye wrote:

I can't believe you are openly endorsing ignorance, why would I want to go to a heaven full of ignorant people. Why would I choose to believe in a God who rewards ignorance? If I stay in my room eating, shitting and grunting like an animal will that guarantee me safe passage to heaven ...as long as I show faith towards God of course.

akajoneye wrote:

There are a couple books out there, one is called 23 Minutes in Hell and the other is 90 Minutes in Heaven. I encourage you to read them. The 23 minutes in Hell book will give you Non Believers a glimse into the future you will have with your other "cool" friends that chose to live their Earthly lives without experiencing the great gifts GOD has given us to enjoy.
Here's two books for you...

Introductory lectures on Psychoanalysis by Sigmund Freud

and

Thus Spake Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche
V1king
I'm scared of heights and it's bloody freezing up there.  Hell is much warmer and cosier.  What do I have to do to make the grade?  Hmmmm.....Let me see.....Ahhhh Haaaa......Sodomise you with a retractable baton...
akajoneye
+2|6138

V1king wrote:

akajoneye wrote:

So you're calling me and many other non believers sad and under developed?  There's a difference between you and I.  You believe what you read, I believe in myself. 

I also believe it's time for a beer, having sex with a nun and burning you at the stake...
Yes its very saddening. I don't know anything about how "developed" any non-believers are. You can enjoy your time indulging in your sinful ways. I would consider it an honor being burnt at the stake for Jesus. After the initial pain of the fire my bodies adrenaline would kick in and or I would pass out quite fast and I would awaken to the wonderful joyess site of Heavens gates. I hope you see the light. I'll pray for you.
akajoneye
+2|6138

Braddock wrote:

akajoneye wrote:

Braddock wrote:

"developing THEIR intellect"

...I'm starting to believe you're just trying to wind us up!
Good catch...Your on to me...
V1king

akajoneye wrote:

Yes its very saddening. I don't know anything about how "developed" any non-believers are. You can enjoy your time indulging in your sinful ways. I would consider it an honor being burnt at the stake for Jesus. After the initial pain of the fire my bodies adrenaline would kick in and or I would pass out quite fast and I would awaken to the wonderful joyess site of Heavens gates. I hope you see the light. I'll pray for you.
You're cracking me up with this.....+1 for entertainment value...
EVieira
+105|6480|Lutenblaag, Molvania

sergeriver wrote:

So, did he exist?  What was Jesus?  What do you think about him?
I personally think there's not enough evidence to prove or deny his existence.  If he did exist he was a regular guy, not the son of God, IMO of course.  Please, offer historical proof if you know about this.  Many people believe he's the son of God, and they have their right to do so.  And many people believe he did not exist at all.  Don't start a flaming war over this thread.
Christianity's impact on the world is not a big enough evidence? So what you are saying is that some people got together and faked it all? Where's the evidence in that? I bet you don't doubt Cleopatra or Rasputin existed, even though there is probably even less hard evidence on their existence.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Braddock wrote:

That line of thinking is actually much closer to pantheism (and many New Age religions) than Buddhism.
OrangeHound

Havok wrote:

To akajoneye ...

Now I've only read Genesis in the Bible ...

If God is all-forgiving, how can there be a Hell?  Wouldn't he forgive the criminals and let them go to Heaven?  Even if there is some crime that is so heinous and so evil that was committed by man, wouldn't God forgive them if he is truly "all-forgiving"?  Or was that part figurative just like the Genesis chapter?

... I encourage you, akajoneye, to prove me wrong in any of these arguments.
I realize that you adressed this to akajoneye, but I wanted to clarify this one point above.  The Bible does not describe God as "all-forgiving" or "all-loving" ... this is a marketing ploy that has been over-used by ignorant Evangelical Christians to draw vulnerable, love-needing persons into churches.   I guess the Evangelicals thought of it as a sort of like a teaser, but it has evolved into a perverted message about the Biblical description of God.

While it is true that the Bible describes God as "loving" toward those who love him, it actually describes him in just as many (if not more) places as "destructive" toward those who don't obey and follow him.
mafropetee
+18|6145|Altamonte Springs, FL
my god... ignorance, ignorance, ignorance. its fucking everywhere. im tired of it.

dont you see what this has done to us?

i dont JUST blame regligion. science is just as bad.

so many religious people HATE people who believe in science

so many people who believe in science HATE people who believe in religion

i dont care which one is right or which one is more proven.

STOP FIGHTING

its so retarded.

if there in fact is a god, im sure he would be very displeased to see how intolerant and blatantly mean his people are.

"IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG AND THATS THAT SO SHUT UP AND I EXPECT YOU TO ACCEPT MY BELIEFS OVER YOUR OWN ALL OF A SUDDEN BECAUSE THATS WHAT GOD WOULD WANT!"

no. somewhere in the bible i remember reading that as long as you live a richous life and are true to what you belive in, EVEN IF ITS NOT CHRISTIANITY, you will get into heaven. so there. you stupid ignorant dicks have just been OWNED by your very own holy book. EAT IT

i mean god dammit. wheres the respect? wheres the compassion? why cant we look past what someone may or may not believe in and just look at them as a person in general?
CommieChipmunk
+488|6572|Portland, OR, USA

mafropetee wrote:

my god... ignorance, ignorance, ignorance. its fucking everywhere. im tired of it.

STOP FIGHTING

its so retarded.

if there in fact is a god, im sure he would be very displeased to see how intolerant and blatantly mean his people are.

"IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG AND THATS THAT SO SHUT UP AND I EXPECT YOU TO ACCEPT MY BELIEFS OVER YOUR OWN ALL OF A SUDDEN BECAUSE THATS WHAT GOD WOULD WANT!"

no. somewhere in the bible i remember reading that as long as you live a richous life and are true to what you belive in, EVEN IF ITS NOT CHRISTIANITY, you will get into heaven. so there. you stupid ignorant dicks have just been OWNED by your very own holy book. EAT IT

i mean god dammit. wheres the respect? wheres the compassion? why cant we look past what someone may or may not believe in and just look at them as a person in general?
Because it's an online forum... not fucking kindergarten...
OrangeHound

mafropetee wrote:

STOP FIGHTING

its so retarded.

This is D&ST - Debate & Serious Talk ... debating, arguing, and getting hot over stuff like this is the whole point of this section of BF2s, but I agree that there should be respect given to those who post in this section.
mafropetee

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

STOP FIGHTING

its so retarded.

Because it's an online forum... not fucking kindergarten...
...i honestly cant tell if that was for or against what i had said. 0.o
CommieChipmunk
+488|6572|Portland, OR, USA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I believe he exists... and if you don't... why would you trouble yourself with asking if he does or doesn't... When you see the wonderment in a little kids eyes when he sees something for the first time.... u have to know that there is a god...  and if you dont... thats cool too
This look?

mafropetee

OrangeHound wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

STOP FIGHTING

its so retarded.

This is D&ST - Debate & Serious Talk ... debating, arguing, and getting hot over stuff like this is the whole point of this section of BF2s, but I agree that there should be respect given to those who post in this section.
im not talking about arguing in on here. if people are stating their beliefs and saying why they are right BUT with respect to others who might disagree then i see that as Debate and Serious Talk. but if someone is gonna come on here saying "CHRISTIANITY IS RIGHT AND YOUR ALL WRONG SO SHUT UP" then i believe that belongs in the Junk Drawer.

wars have been faught over who is right or wrong. THATS what pisses me off about all the ignorance caused by religion.
OrangeHound

mafropetee wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

STOP FIGHTING

its so retarded.

im not talking about arguing in on here. if people are stating their beliefs and saying why they are right BUT with respect to others who might disagree then i see that as Debate and Serious Talk. but if someone is gonna come on here saying "CHRISTIANITY IS RIGHT AND YOUR ALL WRONG SO SHUT UP" then i believe that belongs in the Junk Drawer.

wars have been faught over who is right or wrong. THATS what pisses me off about all the ignorance caused by religion.
Those same attitudes happen with global warming debates, Iraq war debates, etc .... it is an attitude that we bring into many of our debates ... call it ignorance or prejudice or disrespect, but you can't isolate this to just religion.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6340|EsSeX

CommieChipmunk wrote:

This look?

thats sick
mafropetee

OrangeHound wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Those same attitudes happen with global warming debates, Iraq war debates, etc .... it is an attitude that we bring into many of our debates ... call it ignorance or prejudice or disrespect, but you can't isolate this to just religion.
well... im kinda new here. leave me alone.

again, im not talking about what goes on in these forums. im talking about what goes on in the world. which we then talk about in these forums. and then mention maybe a small something about BF2. and then go back to not talking about it.
mafropetee

elstonieo wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

This look?

thats sick
QFT
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

EVieira wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

So, did he exist?  What was Jesus?  What do you think about him?
I personally think there's not enough evidence to prove or deny his existence.  If he did exist he was a regular guy, not the son of God, IMO of course.  Please, offer historical proof if you know about this.  Many people believe he's the son of God, and they have their right to do so.  And many people believe he did not exist at all.  Don't start a flaming war over this thread.
Christianity's impact on the world is not a big enough evidence? So what you are saying is that some people got together and faked it all? Where's the evidence in that? I bet you don't doubt Cleopatra or Rasputin existed, even though there is probably even less hard evidence on their existence.
Where in hell did I say that?  Read again, and last night you cheated, that penalty was BS.
OrangeHound

mafropetee wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

well... im kinda new here. leave me alone.

again, im not talking about what goes on in these forums. im talking about what goes on in the world. which we then talk about in these forums. and then mention maybe a small something about BF2. and then go back to not talking about it.
I live in Washington DC ... the political and policy debates around here are like Christian Fundamentalists debating Unitarians. 

OK ... let's get back on topic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard