[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
i got my expert engineer on iron gator, by repairing the carriers aa the whole round.

and the combat badge: if you are an expert, you will earn it.. no matter which map or mode
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon
guard the palace security office on warlord with AT mines and the tank.  you will get your kills in no time

oh crap, i see you mean the repair badge.  just go onto a nearly empty server that has long rounds like warlord and taunt the other team into taking down your assets.  if they blow up all 5, four times during the round, the badge is yours.

Last edited by steelie34 (2007-07-10 09:36:14)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6178
Guys......please read his post...he is not asking for COMBAT, he is asking for expert engineer badge which requires 20 repair points!!!! Getting 20 repair points in a round is tough and he is asking where to do that. Forget about the kills....it has nothing to do with what he is asking.

Reading is fundamental!
wargallion
+5|6472|Sweden

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

i got my expert engineer on iron gator, by repairing the carriers aa the whole round.

and the combat badge: if you are an expert, you will earn it.. no matter which map or mode
thats 1 way to get it, but there is a easy way also...
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6342|New York
Fushe Pass or Songhua Stalemate.  Get into a squad that flag hops in the transport chopper, make sure you're in a seat where you can use the wrench.  As the chopper takes damage crank that wrench and you should be able to get the repair points required, I've seen people get it this way.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Guys......please read his post...he is not asking for COMBAT, he is asking for expert engineer badge which requires 20 repair points!!!! Getting 20 repair points in a round is tough and he is asking where to do that. Forget about the kills....it has nothing to do with what he is asking.

Reading is fundamental!
Then he needs to fucking specify!
steelie34
pub hero!
actually OP is right.  the repair pt badge is named the Expert Engineer Badge...
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium

steelie34 wrote:

actually OP is right.  the repair pt badge is named the Expert Engineer Badge...
True but people never say: How do I get my expert medic COMBAT badge? They always say expert medic, expert assault, expert sniper...
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6647|Washington DC

steelie34 wrote:

Yes, it is confusing ... I changed the title to clarify.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Reading is fundamental!
All you have to do is READ.....He is asking about Expert Engineer Badge, not Engineer Combat Badge....look at what it requires. I knew immediately what he was asking about. The problem is between the computer and your chair.

Expert Engineer Badge:
IAR: 20 repari points
100 hours as engineer
250 total repair points
Veteran Engineer Badge
I still think there was a certain degree of ambiguity and it's understandable that it caused confusion. Just because it is called like that, it doesn't mean people will call it that. Like I pointed out, if you say Expert Engineer or Expert Medic, most people will immediately associate it with the combat badges.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6178

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

All you have to do is READ.....He is asking about Expert Engineer Badge, not Engineer Combat Badge....look at what it requires. I knew immediately what he was asking about. The problem is between the computer and your chair.

Expert Engineer Badge:
IAR: 20 repari points
100 hours as engineer
250 total repair points
Veteran Engineer Badge
I still think there was a certain degree of ambiguity and it's understandable that it caused confusion. Just because it is called like that, it doesn't mean people will call it that. Like I pointed out, if you say Expert Engineer or Expert Medic, most people will immediately associate it with the combat badges.
True...I tried to delete my post, but you beat me to it...no big deal. This badge is the hardest for me to get as well. Unless you stat pad "a little" it almost seems impossible to get. I have to get used to sitting in the vehicle passenger seats to get points...I always jump out and repair outside, get no points when its unoccupied.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium
And now to answer the OP's question: I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to get it. I have gotten 12 & 15 but never 20. It just seems so hard to obtain it. I used to get loads of repair points by repairing the Essex on Iron Gator but with the ticket bleed it's tough to get to 20 repairs.
steelie34
pub hero!
it really does help to try to taunt the other team into taking down the assets.  it helps if your commander too because you can drop a supply crate where an enemy spec-op can re-arm, but far enough away to not repair the asset.  i guess you just have to get lucky, you can't really "try" for this.  the conditions have to be right.
williedyna
+7|6643
Well it's easy.. at least my friend figured out an easy way after I didn't the hard way on Jalalalallaalallbad.   If you have a partner it helps, however it isn't necessary.   Sharki map MEC spawn near the Helicopter. 
Get in a boat (a)..
shoot at boat (b) 
get in boat (b) as a passanger f3 or f4 and repair the boat while you are in it.
shoot at boat (a) from the f2 position of boat (b)
get in boat (a)... repair it..etc.

it took him all of 10 min  so I guess make sure you are in a nice long round.. oh and the boats spawn in IO boards too.

gl

Last edited by williedyna (2007-07-10 10:01:52)

David.P
Banned
+649|6272
Tampa raping the new uncaps in tanks.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-10 10:03:27)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6647|Washington DC

williedyna wrote:

Well it's easy.. at least my friend figured out an easy way after I didn't the hard way on Jalalalallaalallbad.   If you have a partner it helps, however it isn't necessary.   Sharki map MEC spawn near the Helicopter. 
Get in a boat (a)..
shoot at boat (b) 
get in boat (b) as a passanger f3 or f4 and repair the boat while you are in it.
shoot at boat (a) from the f2 position of boat (b)
get in boat (a)... repair it..etc.

it took him all of 10 min  so I guess make sure you are in a nice long round.. oh and the boats spawn in IO boards too.

g
Sigh .... lame ...

From the link in my sig ...

OrangeHound wrote:

KOBEBRYANT#8 wrote:

20 repair pts. - one round....
That badge is all about "opportunity" and I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out the right approach.  You don't need to stat pad, as others have suggested, to get this badge.  Just be patient - but it is probably the most difficult of all badges to get because my guess is only 5-10 rounds in a 100 will give you the right circumstances/opportunity to get it.  Obviously, a 64 player map with 25-30 people is best to get the badge because you need a longer round.

Highest opportunity #1:  I had gotten in the high teens on Wake a couple of times just repairing tanks & commander assets as Chinese (I personally think that map provides the most opportunity).  The USMC frequently takes the airbase and destroys the assets ... basically, keep going after repairs on that base ... I would charge into the base on a flank along either shore from one of the nearby flags with wrench out ready to repair.  You just need a couple of boom-happy special ops on the USMC side.  When the assets are not damaged, CONSTANTLY monitor the AA batteries on Wake for repairs ... those and jeeps give you points the fastest.  (BTW, others have said that they've gotten lots of repair points as USMC on Wake repairing the AA ... but this requires the Chinese raping the carrier deck ... just stand on the deck below the AA to repair and avoid your own death).

Highest opportunity #2:  Though I have never had any luck on Warlord, lots of others say that there is a lot of opportunity if you are SAS.  The insurgents are always coming from the TV station to the commander goodies to blow them up.  Lots of poeple say they've gotten their vet & expert on Warlord just monitoring these assets.  One guy said that taunting the insurgents might help to keep the Special Ops coming 

Highest opportunity #3:  The Ghost Town map of Special Forces is very small, and as a result the Special Ops attempt to destroy assets frequently.  There have been multiple times that I've gotten over 10 repair points on this map, plus over 20 another time.  This is also where I've experienced the repair glitch (see last note below).

Above average opportunity #1:  I've also found in the past that being USMC on Oman provides lots of great opportunities (that's where I got my Veteran) ... assuming the MEC is blowing up the artillery.   With this map, I repair and then go swim in the water between the arty and the Essex .... as soon as special ops return, I'm back out of the water to repair.

Above average opportunity #2:  However, I ended up getting my Expert Engineer on Iron Gator repairing the Essex AA (got 23 in the round, and could have gotten more if I had paid more attention).  Iron Gator doesn't provide as much opportunity to get expert UNLESS the attacking squad is (a) too weak to get a flag on the Essex and (b) there is a very good gunner on the Hind constantly taking out the AA.  The Essex AA is the only "vehicle" that doesn't have to be occupied in order to get a repair point.

If you try this approach, keep low next to the missile launcher (lower level), and as close to the ship as possible in order to avoid kills.  Here's the position I used:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2668/s … iw7.th.jpg

By the way, here are some misconceptions about this badge:  First, you do not get repair points for repairing bridges, exploding cans, wheelbarrows, or propane tanks.  Second, you do not get repair points for repairing unoccupied vehicles, except the AA on the Essex.  Third, you get ONE and only ONE repair point for repairing 100% of an asset/vehicle's health ... in other words, if you repair two 50% damaged assets then you get 1 repair point, three 33% damaged assets will get you 1 repair point, etc.  And, there is no technique you can use that will milk more repair points out of damaged equipment (such as repairing slowly).

Game glitch:  Since the 1.4 patch, I've noticed on Special Forces that some assets (UAV / Radar) can be damaged more than 100% sometimes ... perhaps the special ops are putting 3-4 C4 on them ... but, this means that you can get up to 2 repair points sometimes on these, depending upon the level of damage.  You will know this is happening because you will be wrenching for some time, yet the asset will not be minimally operational. Keep wrenching ... two points may be coming your way. 
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6774|Kansas, USA
Go MEC on Sharqi and take an FAV out into the shallow water just until it starts to take damage. Then get in the back and start repairing. You might have to adjust the vehicle from time to time for it to continue to get damage.

Whatever method you take, be sure to get on a 64 player server with very few people on it so it will be a long round.
steelie34
pub hero!
don't stat pad it, earning it is more fun.
XISIX
+116|6613
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/xisix/BF2/expertrepair.jpg

Warlord worked for this wrench fiend.
Hard award to get legitimately.
Spec-Ops intent on blowing assets + long round barely got me there.

Repair anything you can during round.  If not able to get repairs on blown commander toys - drive your atv near tanks in firefights. 

Others have also recommended repairing Carrier gun on Dragon Valley.

Good luck.

Last edited by XISIX (2007-07-10 10:08:38)

williedyna
+7|6643
Jallalabad, if the US has control of the lake and there is a MEC tank shooting at them.. you repair the tank and lay out mines so they can't cross the river.  And hang on to your frags to blow up boxes the commander might drop to aid the repairs..   lay at least one mine (i can't think of the direction) to the left of the tank position (which should be near the rocks on the MEC side facing lake outpost) in case anyone tries to drive around the lake and C4 your tank buddy....    get there early in the round and cross your fingers.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
64-player map + tank + AT mines + not full Server = Expert Engineer
Vanilla BF2 - Gulf of Oman
Euro Forces Operation Smoke Screen or the T. Quarry

I have been going for the same badge.....been so close but no victory cigar

UPDATE: Oh Repair Badge!!!! Gulf of Oman - US side since your Arty is out in the open. THE MEC Bomber or Spec Ops like to blow it up

Last edited by loubot (2007-07-10 10:34:14)

Grover
+1|6152
Sorry to RANT, but reading post after post it is evident that most of you are on better drugs than I or are unintelligent.

Obviously most of you cannot:
1) READ
2) Work Hard to improve skill ---> williedyna & Psycho

Reading is Elementary & from the beginning of this post it was quite clear what the post was about.
How many of you live on these Forums having a good time bullshitting & learning absolutely nothing?

This is a stat web site with info on everything BF2. Especially info on badges.
Most of you know Jack Schmidt like he's your daddy.

Stat Padding teaches NADA... & that is why better players consistently work you like a job.

You learn NADA from sitting in a jeep/boat & wrenching for the 20 repairs.
I consistently repair my team's assets FTW.  I have led teams with little experience to victory over nobbers
like you due to the fact that u always try to cut corners like dumb ass government workers do... Assuming
no one is watching - I sneak by you & defeat you with cunning + skill.

Those who play like I do always seek each other out. We LAUGH our arses off at most of you ---- BUT WE
ARE THANKFUL YOU EXIST.  Join us & we will teach you how to LISTEN & LEARN.

http://bf2s.com/player/43797543/

Last edited by Grover (2007-07-10 12:29:52)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
wake island RIB in carrier, just find a flip buddy. (lol)
t0mhank5
+319|6710|Surge
Wake island + Hummer/NJ2046 + shallow water + back seat = yaaay repair points!
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6335
someone from ea told me that if you repair like 5 or 6 friendly tanks in a row with out dieing you get it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard