acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
Hi, Well, i have a 256mb radeonx600 pci-e. Ive run various tools, including dxdiag and easyinfo(from EA ). These programs tell me that my video memory is 0mb/n/a. It picks up my card correctly so the only problem is it isnt recognising the memory. I seem to have had this problem for a long time, it has resulted in being banned from various pb servers. I think pb SS need the vid memory to capture photos and since i have "no" memory they turn out black. I have installed/re-installed all drivers, deleted drivers from registry, installed again so im thinking the only thing left is to either re-seat it or start from scratch? Any simpler ideas would be appreciated.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

Installed what drivers? The ones that came with the card or the newest from internet?

Also Radeon X600 sucks. Mine burned when playing on medium settings.

Also Wrong section

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-07-10 08:25:45)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
The newest from the internet. But the problem was there before and after.

it was good at the time.

graphics card->graphics section

Last edited by acsman50 (2007-07-10 08:31:12)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6760|Chicago.
I'll put this in Tech.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland

BigmacK wrote:

I'll put this in Tech.
thanks.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

acsman50 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

I'll put this in Tech.
thanks.
Now, BEWARE OF leetkyle.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

acsman50 wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

I'll put this in Tech.
thanks.
Now, BEWARE OF leetkyle.
I was hoping he could come and give a hand.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
bump
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
Can someone please help with this. I've found the suspect, PowerStrip. It happened when I clicked on the 'Enable Multiple Monitors' option when I only had the one monitor connected. I only did this cos my son has had this problem for some time and it seemed logical to install on my machine and investigate all options. Sadly this particular option didn't give any further options, no warning or sod all. Yes, I should have been more careful but...well, we all make mistakes.

I've tried every variation of uninstall, reinstall, renew drivers, delete registry entries, (the obvious ones), but all to no avail. Googling just brings me all these glowing reports about PowerSwitch, so please dont add any here.

As far as I can tell, its pointed to the secondary adapter as being the primary and this shows not applicable regarding video RAM. Its buggered Direct3D, where the dxdiag test fails with an 'Out of Memory' error.

It may be sensible to reinstall PowerStrip and change from within but I cant find anywhere to do this. Alternatively there may be a config or .inf file lurking somewhere but I cant find it. Microsoft help is as much use as a chocolate teapot, as usual.

Somebody must have come across this before with PowerStrip, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by acsman50 (2007-07-15 10:31:35)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6751|Topside

Just buy a new card,much easier.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
You may be right Negerkungen, but this has happened on two machines now and, following all of the attempts to reverse, I suspect that there's something buried in a config file somewhere. That means that, short of a re-format, its likely to affect whatever I install gfx wise, unless I can find the wee beastie.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6580|USA

Negerkungen wrote:

Just buy a new card,much easier.
seriously. get yourself a nice treat. 7900s are down to a low low price, or you can just say screw it and go all out on an 8800.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6751|Topside

Well if the problem would be in the computer,and the same thing happened to your new card.You always have warranty on the new card.Go on get your self a new one now.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
I had a RadeonX550. Sucks.

Just get a new card, man. Seriously.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)
Not sure if this got lost in amongst all the nub 'Buy a new card' messages, but...

Have you tried completely reinstalling everthing (i.e. right down to a complete removal and re-install of Windows)?

It could just be a software config error that reinstalling may well be the quickest and easiest way to fix.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-07-15 10:59:59)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6751|Topside

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Not sure if this got lost in amongst all the nub 'Buy a new card' messages, but...

Have you tried completely reinstalling everthing (i.e. right down to a complete removal and re-install of Windows)?

It could just be a software config error that reinstalling may well be the quickest and easiest way to fix.
Reinstalling windows,you calling that the easiest and fastest way??
God that was the funniest shit so far.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Negerkungen wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Reinstalling windows,you calling that the easiest and fastest way??
God that was the funniest shit so far.
Yes.

What's so hard about it?

You insert disc...
You boot from disc...
You select some options...
Enter a few bits of information...
Then wait...
Then some more info and options...
A little further waiting...
And you're done.

It ain't difficult.

A couple to a few hours max, to get it back up to a point where you can start playing bf2 again.

Or you could take days, weeks or even months, trying to track down some obscure setting in some buried away corner in the darkest dankest recesses of Windows.

Your choice.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-07-15 11:25:19)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6751|Topside

Yeah and at the same time loose everything he got on the hdd.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Negerkungen wrote:

Never heard of backups?
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6751|Topside

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Negerkungen wrote:

Never heard of backups?
No what's that?????
Is it like sit ups but you do it backwards??
Gimme a breake.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Negerkungen wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Negerkungen wrote:

Never heard of backups?
No what's that?????
Is it like sit ups but you do it backwards??
Gimme a breake.
Well really - with a combination of good data storage principles - i.e. keep data (anything precious) and os/apps separated - and a modicum of common sense - i.e. backing up data, even though you have got it on a separate partition, because it pays to be cautious - you should be in a position where actually wiping your OS/Apps and reinstalling everything is not a chore, but a pleasure.
ncc-1709
+0|6170
christ. you can reinstall without wiping any info at all.
chriky, i can reinstall a raid array and have 200gb of info back on it in under 1 hour. its not rocket sicence. get a problem its easyer to reformat than to find it.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
er, can I step in here guys....hate to break up a party, lol. Yeah,I agree that a complete reformat is a poss, but I was rather hoping that someone else has had this problem and solved it with a simple switch somewhere. The same thing happened with a 9250 card too, yeah, yeah, crap too before one of you says it.

If all else fails I'll have no choice but to try a Windows repair/reinstall, but I'll keep this thread around for a while because, well, guess I'm lazy.

Thx for input so far. Btw, cant afford new card at the moment......rent is still more important, just, so any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6451|Stealth City, UK

acsman50 wrote:

er, can I step in here guys....hate to break up a party, lol. Yeah,I agree that a complete reformat is a poss, but I was rather hoping that someone else has had this problem and solved it with a simple switch somewhere. The same thing happened with a 9250 card too, yeah, yeah, crap too before one of you says it.

If all else fails I'll have no choice but to try a Windows repair/reinstall, but I'll keep this thread around for a while because, well, guess I'm lazy.

Thx for input so far. Btw, cant afford new card at the moment......rent is still more important, just, so any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately the evil corporations took all the switches that made things work properly out of their components....damn them all!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard