d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6463|Ontario, Canada

mtb0minime wrote:

I think their main goal is to get the US involved to fuck us up even more. They know the Middle East is a sensitive issue here in the States and has divided our nation in some respects. By threatening Iraq, they hope to keep our troops posted there so that they can kill more and cause further political issues within our nation. And if we decide to leave Iraq to fend for themselves, then the US will be portrayed in an even worse light and again, things will be screwed up even more.

Basically, it's a lose-lose situation for the United States. Iraq isn't Al-Qaeda's target, we are.
Stop, you have no idea what your talking about.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

d4rkst4r wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I think their main goal is to get the US involved to fuck us up even more. They know the Middle East is a sensitive issue here in the States and has divided our nation in some respects. By threatening Iraq, they hope to keep our troops posted there so that they can kill more and cause further political issues within our nation. And if we decide to leave Iraq to fend for themselves, then the US will be portrayed in an even worse light and again, things will be screwed up even more.

Basically, it's a lose-lose situation for the United States. Iraq isn't Al-Qaeda's target, we are.
Stop, you have no idea what your talking about.
Are you serious?  Sounds right to me.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6752|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

CameronPoe wrote:

theelviscerator wrote:

that is hilarious...

the tree huggers know not what to say now!
What the fuck are you talking about? I could have told you that Iran and Al Qaeda are ideological enemies right from the fucking start. I don't understand what point you're trying to make. I guess that's typical - you're obviously a Republican after all, logic not your strong point.

Has the whole fucking world gone to sleep or something? Al Qaeda were a threat to Saddam. They are a threat to the Iranian political system. Iran is a country that is not doing too badly for itself. Iraq was too until Saddam stupidly misinterpreted American statements and marched into Kuwait. Saddam had to battle Ansar-Al Islam - a Kurdish 'Al Qaeda' (not to be confused with the PKK) - the entire time he was in power. The Al Qaeda philosophy is totally fucking warped - not just to you and me but also to 99% of muslims. Why can't people understand this? Has the global stupidity level gone up recently?

REMEMBER ALL THAT STUFF ON THE TV A FEW YEARS AGO THAT LINKED IRAQ TO AL QAEDA? WIPE IT FROM YOUR MIND - IT WAS BULLSHIT. WE'LL FORGIVE YOUR STUPIDITY THIS ONE TIME. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN WITH IRAN.
Did you not get the memo? All sunni's are now Al Qaeda..

EDIT: Looks Like Turkey are massing along the border as well

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=15 … =351020201

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-07-09 09:24:56)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

lowing wrote:

Well that is cool, not even the terrorists are safe from the terrorists. Lets give them all the rope they want.
Evidently, Hamas and Israel are always at each others throats - terrorists are not immune from terrorists...

Having said that I'd like to see this so-called 'terror' Iran are supposedly responsible for...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

CameronPoe wrote:

Having said that I'd like to see this so-called 'terror' Iran are supposedly responsible for...
Hold women against their will.....
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6354|New York
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Iran would be a good Allie to have in this fight after all, as a democracy, they are targets of terrorism too.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well that is cool, not even the terrorists are safe from the terrorists. Lets give them all the rope they want.
Evidently, Hamas and Israel are always at each others throats - terrorists are not immune from terrorists...

Depends on your feelings towards Hezbollah.

CameronPoe wrote:

The world and its mother knows that Iran back Hezbollah.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6338

Well from what Cameron says and from what I've read almost all of the major players in the Middle East are completely against Al Qaida right? I mean if Iran are Ideaological enemies with AQ, and Iran backs Hesbollah, then I can see where Hezbollah would be mortal enemies with AQ correct? So if AQ wants to start a fight with Iran then so be it. I would like to see AQ try and hold out againt the U.S, Iran and Hezbollah.

AQ is a threat to the whole middle east and if Hezbollah could focus their main attention on defeating them rather then fighting back and forth with Israel they (We all) could make some progress. If AQ attacks Iran then I think there will be more Global support against the War on Terror(AQ)

But can someone explain to me, if or why, Iran is giving arms to the Shiite's in Iraq to fight against the U.S? Or, are they giving them to fight against the Sunni's and AQ, but also they are shooting at Americans?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

I think the point is that these confrontations should be allowed to work themselves out destroy themselves... Hamas vs Fatah, Hezzbolah vs Lebanon, AQ vs Iran.. etc..etc. Putting American soldiers in front of any of those bullets to protect the decayed Middle eastern civilization is not something I am enthused about. I still maintain that we need to do everything possible to protect those innocents caught up in the middle (providing refuge and financial assistance).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6190
Well, let's just say this.....Al Qaeda is just plain crazy...PERIOD. This is not the first country or state they have threatened. Really, its getting to the point where pretty much everyone is their enemy. Maybe someday everyone will wake up, join in and take care of these guys once and for all. Who really knows.  Looks like they are going to have to sort it out for themselves sooner or later.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6338

Kmarion wrote:

I still maintain that we need to do everything possible to protect those innocents caught up in the middle (providing refuge and financial assistance).
Maybe this could be the next move in the U.S plan in Iraq? Focus more on refuge and supplies for those innocents rather then having soldiers on foot patrolling the town, we could create a broader safe zone for refugees with more American Soldiers guarding them. During the Civil War?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654
dont believe everything you read.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I just read what you said and I don't believe what I read.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-07-09 11:22:39)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654

usmarine2005 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I just read what you said and I don't believe you.
youre lying
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Well, let's just say this.....Al Qaeda is just plain crazy...PERIOD. This is not the first country or state they have threatened. Really, its getting to the point where pretty much everyone is their enemy. Maybe someday everyone will wake up, join in and take care of these guys once and for all. Who really knows.  Looks like they are going to have to sort it out for themselves sooner or later.
Al-Qaeda formed as a conglomeration of a few (very bad) terrorist groups.  The original intent was to form a Pan-Asian Islamic Caliphate.  The high council (or directors) pretty much saw every current "Muslim" nation as a stumbling block.  However, now there is a fair amount of analysis that suggests there really is no high council actually overseeing and planning operations for Al-Qaeda.  It changed from a highly organized, well funded terrorist group to a few splinter groups largely acting on their own.  That was one great reaction resultant from the invasion of Afghanistan.  Most likely, people (terrorists) are just attaching the Al-Qaeda name to their cause because of the infamy.

You are right, sooner or later they are going to have to sort it out for themselves.  Probably later than sooner.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654
before Al-Queda was a terrorist organization it was created to simply keep accountability of the mujahadeen fighters that were out there against the soviets before and after major combat operations.  bin laden was just a list keeper, writing down names and next of kin because up until he showed up, the majority of afghan fighters were dying and being burried in unmarked graves. alqueda was formed to be a roster and a point of contact for family members and friends to find out what happened to their love ones.  alqueda mean "the base".   then it morphed into what you described.  Really happened when the egyptian Zawahiri (however you spell it) came in to the scene.  Z man was the real brains and brawns behind alqueda, bin laden just had the deep pockets and admin skills.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-07-09 11:43:36)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

before Al-Queda was a terrorist organization it was created to simply keep accountability of the mujahadeen fighters that were out there against the soviets before and after major combat operations.  bin laden was just a list keeper, writing down names and next of kin because up until he showed up, the majority of afghan fighters were dying and being burried in unmarked graves. alqueda was formed to be a roster and a point of contact for family members and friends to find out what happened to their love ones.  alqueda mean "the base".   then it morphed into what you described.  Really happened when the egyptian Zawahiri (however you spell it) came in to the scene.  Z man was the real brains and brawns behind alqueda, bin laden just had the deep pockets and admin skills.
Yep.  And "Z" had actual terror experience.  Bin Laden had combat experience as a mujahadeen, but not much else.  Z had logistics and planning, and OBL had daddy's scrilla.
The_Mac
+96|6235
It's no wonder you only have six karma. What kind of half assed trolling is that?

To me, Al Quaeda is denying everything to confuse peeps even more and hide their intentions. It's too late. Iran has already been caught shipping arms over now. and Al Quaeda is trying to deny it by feigning religious anger or something of the like at Iran.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
As I have already stated, I see this as being a good thing for the West, so long as we make sure to outwardly control the flow of the combat. I'd say make sure that Iran can't use this as an excuse to try and develope nukes, but at the same time, prod Iran or Al Qaeda into provoking the other one.  At the same time, lets not send our boys up their to act as bullet sponges. Heck, let the Middle East pay the blood cost for it's own conflict.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Elamdri wrote:

As I have already stated, I see this as being a good thing for the West, so long as we make sure to outwardly control the flow of the combat. I'd say make sure that Iran can't use this as an excuse to try and develope nukes, but at the same time, prod Iran or Al Qaeda into provoking the other one.  At the same time, lets not send our boys up their to act as bullet sponges. Heck, let the Middle East pay the blood cost for it's own conflict.
Yeah, we should do what we did in the '80s- don't send troops, send them more weapons!  Support both sides!  Everyone wins (especially the military-industrial complex)!
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Yeah, we should do what we did in the '80s- don't send troops, send them more weapons!  Support both sides!  Everyone wins (especially the military-industrial complex)!
Where did I say send weapons? Let them fight with what they got.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Elamdri wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Nowhere.  Where did I say you said it?  No need to get defensive.

I am just observing that it could be a redux of the 1980's.  Hell, maybe we can perpetuate an Iraq-Iran conflict well into the 22nd century.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-07-09 13:49:00)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Nowhere.  Where did I say you said it?  No need to get defensive.
Oh, its kewl, just misunderstanding. No, definitely don't want a repeat of the Contra Scandal.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6501|Menlo Park, CA
al-Qaeda is just doing political posturing. . . .

They both go by the creed of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" ideology. . . Both hate the US, and both are working to kill Americans.  They might have a little "tiff" between each other as far as sectarianism is concerned, but they are united in their contempt for the USA and her presence in the region. 

Therefore I am not taking this bit of information to mean al-Qaeda is diverting their war against the USA to Iran. . . . no way, they arent going to stop killing infidels and start killling fellow muslims just cause Iran is helping Shiite muslims in Iraq. . . . not a chance!!!

Cameron is right, al-Qaeda has ideological differences with Iran, and by no means are they friendly with the Iranian government.  However, they're mission is clear, and that mission is to kill Americans and their allies.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6300|Éire

fadedsteve wrote:

al-Qaeda is just doing political posturing. . . .

They both go by the creed of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" ideology. . . Both hate the US, and both are working to kill Americans.  They might have a little "tiff" between each other as far as sectarianism is concerned, but they are united in their contempt for the USA and her presence in the region. 

Therefore I am not taking this bit of information to mean al-Qaeda is diverting their war against the USA to Iran. . . . no way, they arent going to stop killing infidels and start killling fellow muslims just cause Iran is helping Shiite muslims in Iraq. . . . not a chance!!!

Cameron is right, al-Qaeda has ideological differences with Iran, and by no means are they friendly with the Iranian government.  However, they're mission is clear, and that mission is to kill Americans and their allies.
Al Qaeda are against civilisation in general. What Iran are doing in Iraq is run of the mill 'national interest interfering' (the same way the US interferes in Central and South America and the Middle East or how Russia interferes in Eastern Europe and the Middle East), it doesn't mean they're singing from the same hymn sheet as Al Qaeda. I don't think Ahmedinijad or the Mullah's would be too keen to give the reins of power to the Al Qaeda extremists in the same way that Saddam did not. Al Qaeda are not some army that represents all Muslims, remember some of the groups in the Middle East hate each other much more than the US or the West ...otherwise they'd have banded together by now and taken on Israel team-handed.

Last edited by Braddock (2007-07-09 14:58:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard