sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6233
Okay so I downloaded it, extracted to bf2/mods/wtf_mod, added all the maps, and when I click the WTF_mod icon it says "Windows is searching for bf2.exe.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Edit:  Never mind.  It looks fun, but its taking too long to get working.

Last edited by sexecuti0ner (2007-07-09 10:31:27)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Okay so I downloaded it, extracted to bf2/mods/wtf_mod, added all the maps, and when I click the WTF_mod icon it says "Windows is searching for bf2.exe.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Open bf2 normally, go to community tab (with battlerecorder files) then at the top select mods, click wtf mod and activate. It will say restart bf2 click ok and voila.
Pavil9999
+7|6527|Canada
heres a stupid question for ya, i just downloaded/installed the mod but i can't seem to find the level folder, where would it be located at ?
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6437|UK

Pavil9999 wrote:

heres a stupid question for ya, i just downloaded/installed the mod but i can't seem to find the level folder, where would it be located at ?
copy the level you want to play from bf2

ie. karkand

copy that folder

then goto

/mods/WTF_mod_v32

and paste it in the levels folder in there.
KVNY
+25|6657|SoCal

Zero!. wrote:

no you cant die either
Do you have to do something to enable that cause I died plenty of times
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
WTF? I got the whole mod working but it only lets me play for about 15 minutes before it decides that it wants to crash to desktop. What's my dealie-o?
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6190|Canada

KVNY wrote:

Zero!. wrote:

no you cant die either
Do you have to do something to enable that cause I died plenty of times
Ditto
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6338
there is a youtube video of this type in bf2 hacks an you will see it

good stuff
Intended-Mayhem
+1|6428|Perth, Australia

sexecuti0ner wrote:

the wtf_mods default start and shit is "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\" u have to go into the "WTF_mod" properties and change the "Target" and the "Start in"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

Evil_Apu wrote:

worked but way too much lag. Nvidia 5500 sucks to mods.. and the game..
Glad to see i'm not the only one struggling through the game with the 5500.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
How do you get the L96?
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6338

nukchebi0 wrote:

How do you get the L96?
some file editor for single player i for got the name of it.

it also can change the number of bots too.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6633|Germany
My game won't start
Every time I click SIngleplayer, CTD.
But I have copied levels in the Levels folder.

Help?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
This looks like what I was doing. I was having some fun tweaking the tweak files. I could never get the GL to do a rapid fire, though.

But, I did make frisbee c4. I must say that it was just about the most fun I've had playing bf2. Plus, I took the tank's gravity modifier and divided it by about 5, plus made the tank shells full automatic.... I managed to get myself ontop of the hotel with the recoil.

citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6506|Atlanta, GA
i have a 7900GS and 2 gigs of ram, but this thing is laggy as shit. It pauses like every 1.5 or 2 seconds. other than that, this would be an awesome mod.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

citricacidx wrote:

i have a 7900GS and 2 gigs of ram, but this thing is laggy as shit. It pauses like every 1.5 or 2 seconds. other than that, this would be an awesome mod.
Ya, its cause of all the explosions. its fun as hell though
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6677|respawn screen
Lol. This is weird. I never had so many teamkills and suicides in one round. I always jump into stingers/tows and now I get a nice view at Dragon Valley every time I see a chopper.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can
The M16 is the ultimate Anti tank weapon in this mod
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6437|UK
SRAW = t3h win.

UAV's lawl
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6412|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Holy crap omgwtfbbq.

That sums up my reaction.

This is by far the BEST mod EVER. So many things to do....

Try these:

Shoot every weapon there is.
Toss ridiculous amounts of explosives.
Bunny Hop.
Fly around the level with your chute.
Drive EVERYTHING. Especially boats and FAVs. Most of the time you'll be riding on two wheels.
Get in a dogfight. Win.
Do a bombing run. These suckers have a 50 odd meter spherical death zone.
Find an awning. Jump.
Solo gun the Hawk.
Your tank is an advanced battering ram, not a modern weapon of war. Use it that way.
Fire the Mk3A1 from up high at armor. Repeatedly. It'll make armor look like an sugar addled ADD affected hitler child.

What are your ideas of things to do?

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2007-07-11 15:06:52)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Use the auto GL or shotguns to create miniature artillery.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
Is anyone pretty good at modding? I'm having some trouble putting TV missile placements in the ground and stuff like that...

*I don't see a modding section so if there is one, someone point me that way...*
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6506|Atlanta, GA
so there's nothing to be done to fix the lag? I've dumbed it down to running on medium settings rather than all high and I sill get lag like a bitch.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

citricacidx wrote:

so there's nothing to be done to fix the lag? I've dumbed it down to running on medium settings rather than all high and I sill get lag like a bitch.
Go all low... DUH!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6412|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
I think I'm special.... I barely lag, most of the time it's just a lil slower on the FPS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard