agent146
+127|6400|Jesus Land aka Canada

Blehm98 wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

With this X-Fi sound card, i could probably hear your tank's engine from 2 flags away, don't need a silly gunner to alert me
generally everyone knows where the tank is anyway, so it makes no difference whether or not your gunner confirms it...
ya i think your being carried away about "omg its sound attracting"  sorry i just lol at that. but then again 40 percent of the time when i play bf2 i play with no sound and 90 percent of the time i play IO and 80 percent of the time when i do play on servers with tanks i do not use the gunner seat because its too hard. but i still lol at your rant on "sound" but then again i not a audio guy
Curtor
+6|6163|Canada
The one thing I hate is when Mr Gunner jumps in to help out, the skirmish ends, I back out of the area and get out of my tank to start repairing it, and Mr Gunner jumps in my Mr Driver seat and drives off with MY tank!  Sometimes when it is not even at 1/2 health!  *That* can get annoying...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

I'm a bad one for "gun spamming", (or whatever it ends up being dubbed,) I keep on rattling off "shave and a haircut"s in a vain attempt to get someone else to do the final "two bits".

However as a tank driver, (or Goliath as it seems to be more and more,) I constantly yell for infantry support. You have so many difficult-to-defend blindspots that you NEED a dedecated team of infantry men to assist any armoured veichle. It's always a good feeling to shoot the guy who was busy planting the explosives on the friendly tank.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bevo
Nah
+718|6534|Austin, Texas

Ty wrote:

I'm a bad one for "gun spamming", (or whatever it ends up being dubbed,) I keep on rattling off "shave and a haircut"s in a vain attempt to get someone else to do the final "two bits".

However as a tank driver, (or Goliath as it seems to be more and more,) I constantly yell for infantry support. You have so many difficult-to-defend blindspots that you NEED a dedecated team of infantry men to assist any armoured veichle. It's always a good feeling to shoot the guy who was busy planting the explosives on the friendly tank.
I got a reply from Ty!

It's not the playful melodies or anything like that, It's constant spamming until the gun overheats, and then shooting at every corner like there's an infantry there.

You guys think that the turret doesn't make that much noise... but the way I play in a tank, you can barely hear me if at all by the time you're dead. Smurfs just run out in the open and get slaughtered.

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

I never get anyone hop into my tank

Which is good, as I often use the gunner seat for hitting helicopters who are just too high for the cannon. + it deals more damage to choppers than the coax MG anyway. They are awesome for taking out scout helis
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6327|Netherlands
o
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6247|Albion
well you know why don't you? that guy in your gunners seat is basically someone who desperately wants to steal your tank but wasn't quite fast enough.
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6673
ok, so you just had a 33-1 round and you are complaining that gunners are getting you killed... LOL.

sounds like "I was spawnraping on karkand one day and for some reason after killing 40 guys at the spawn 1 spec ops somehow managed to get past me and MY FUCKING USELESS GUNNER DIDNT KILL HIM I MEAN WTF! STUPID FUCKING GUNNERS! IF HE HADN'T BEEN FIRING NO ONE WOULD HAVE KNOWN MY 60 TON TANK THAT HAD JUST KILLED THEM ALL 4 TIMES EACH WAS THERE!!111"

Heres a tip, dont rely on anyone else when you are in armour, if you arent aware of your surroundings tough shit, you deserve to die, dont blame that poor asshole in the .50 who is exposed to everything while you are sat inside 60 tons of armour which CAN take anywhere between 2-4  AT hits.  If you are at a spawn (which as you describe as supporting your team) most enemies with half a brain will hear you anyway (120mm cannons are quite noisy you know!)  Tanks are tough enough to take out as it is, if you are given away as you put it and get hit then pull back and repair.  Its not like you are a soft target so quit complaining.  Yes gunners who spam are annoying, but trust me us infantry can hear you coming round that corner with or without that .50 spamming, so dont blame your gunner if you fail to deal with a situation, even if he may have caused it.
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6617
Because of this im purposely going to find you in game and do this to you. :]

Lol
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6643|The Netherlands
youre right, i used to be a tank dude at karkand, but inf is my thing now, but good statements
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6336|Orrstrayleea

Darkhelmet wrote:

I'm awesome in the gunner position. I can take out tons of infantry real easy and it aims really well.
Yeh, same...i'll just keep watch for enemy A.T'ers and C4 fools, It is so accurate so i find it better for distant infantry.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6281|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Same with DPVs, FAVs, Vodniks etc. I try and do a silent ninja mission round the back of the enemy base with a car full of rough-necks to cap an enemy flag (particularly on Mashtuur) and some loser will shoot at the green spots infront of his poppers-sniffing eyes and give our position away.
Many-a-perfect covert op been sobataged by those goons.

Peace-out
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6703|London, UK
The only thing about gunners I don't like is when they start shooting tanks because they think the bullets damage it? I let gunners shoot people sometimes to let em get a kill and if you say they don't kill c4 dudes or anti tankers its your own fault you should be using the different camera angles
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6286
Just increase your vehicle sensivity.Works pretty well with tank gunners...they CAN hit shit with sensivity above 2-3
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6702|"The Empire"

MadKatter wrote:

That's how I get such high KDs with a tank. (Okay, don't look at my stats for proof.
I did I'm afraid.

And your wrong, tanks should cap flags, one person on foot is very hard to cap a flag, takes a while and a squad will kill you with ease, one person in a tank is not, and trust me i used to armour whore, a lot. Now iv started flying and again your wrong, I know regardless of how much noise you make where you are, by UAV's and people spotting where you are!!

I do agree that people in general are useless in the gunner seat, plus they steal my kills!!
182|dunc
+4|6294|manchester UK
three ponts
1 armour's job is to negate enemy armour = correct
2 armour shouldnt be trying to capture flags = correct
3 you sit back and let your INF do all the real work while rapping spawns at long range = wrong
you are just a sad rapist , does the team you are in win any rounds ?........support that infantry ,the idea is to capture the flags and win the round,not just advance your own score.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6764|the middle of nowhere
I also seem to get more kills in the gunner position than the person driving the tank I'm gunning for. I can get all the stragglers, people running in and out of buildings, helis, etc...
twiistaaa
+87|6682|mexico
the only time i find gunners annoying is when they shoot at other armour giving away your position. its useless and sometimes its better to avoid a fight (two+ armours or damaged).
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6477|meh-land
well, if you have a good gunner, you could take on an APC and tank at once, because i believe the APC's soft spot is still there, where it can be killed with the .50 cal...
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6690|respawn screen
I hate it when my tank is damaged, i get out to repair and my gunner switches seats and drives away (and usually dies a few seconds later).
GameOver
+14|6276|Hungary

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Any time I'm gunning in a chopper, you wouldn't believe the amount of idiots who'll get my attention by firing at me using APCs, PKMs, RIBs etc.  I.e. they die solely because they alert me to their presence (while using a gun that is almost zero threat to me).
Most people don't think when they play the game.

k30dxedle wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

wait... i still fail to see the problem with a gunner

i'm not a master with a tank either, but i'd say i'm pretty good, and i've never had a problem with a gunner.  What's the drawback? oh noes, the AT guys know where i am! /fail  If you're engineer and competent as you say you are, all you need to do is take them out and repair any damage you took, big deal.  And so what if they get shot out of the top, not your problem is it?

so... what's the big deal again?

Edit: i mean, i know it's a rant...but still
If they draw THAT much attention to you, there's nothing stopping 2 guys from circling you and shooting two rockets up your ass. He rarely gets kills and that's fine. But they're never engineer, antitank. They never shoot stuff when stuff needs to be shot. They just sit there and shoot buildings. Competent AT teams along with enemy armor pose a large threat if every single enemy knows where exactly I am on the map.
Ehh, what can I say...welcome to BF2 pubbing.
LOL, so true... I am always amazed at how many amateurs/idiots are there on the servers. It's unbelievable.
GameOver
+14|6276|Hungary
On topic: Yes, it's quite annoying when an idiot gunner is shooting with the machine gun (usually totally uselessly) thus making much noise and it’s even worser that the bullets can be seen from long distances, so it’s ’perfect’ for revealing our position. Sometimes it’s quite difficult to locate the position of an enemy tank from only one tank shell but the 0.50 machine gun makes a constantly, good visible sign of its location. But the gunner will probably be dead in a few moments, so I don’t consider this a really big problem.

The only thing I really hate about gunners is that they tend to hop in the driver seat (while I am repairing it) and drive away…and die within half a minute, of course.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6636|Little Bentcock
Yes, it's damn annoying, but we can hear you anyway.
daltec
+0|6182|Springfield VA USA
Okay I admit I might be one of the gunners you are talking about -- when I am in the hatch and the tank rolls into a flag area, and we don't have a UAV or any bad guys spotted, I do tend to fire off some rounds at corners, holes, bushes, wherever a bad guy might suddenly pop up. I have hit a few this way, actually, and I am only trying to help! Plus, I always try to look somewhere other than where the driver is looking. Always circling around, trying to catch any bad guys sneaking up on us. I also spot whenever I can, tanks choppers vehicles etc, but I won't open up on a *tank* for crying out loud, until the driver engages it.

That being said, reading the OP rant really made me think and I will definitely be more "circumspect" with the .50, so thanks for the comments. On those occasions when *I* am the driver, I like having a rider, if for no other reason than they are another pair of eyes. They usually get blown out of the hatch pretty quick anyways, though, LOL

One thing I would *never* do is steal the guy's tank while he is repairing. I'll cover him from the hatch at the very least. I did accidentally steal a guy's tank once, he had hopped out to man an AA missile and I didn't know. Felt bad about it ever since...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

Snake wrote:

I never get anyone hop into my tank

Which is good, as I often use the gunner seat for hitting helicopters who are just too high for the cannon. + it deals more damage to choppers than the coax MG anyway. They are awesome for taking out scout helis
Damn right the fifty is my favorite anti-helo weapon, more so than the Stinger or IGLA which usually misses.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard