Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288600,00.html

CAIRO, Egypt —  The leader of an Al Qaeda umbrella group in Iraq threatened to wage war against Iran unless it stops supporting Shiites in Iraq within two months, according to an audiotape.

Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, who leads the group Islamic State in Iraq , said his Sunni fighters have been preparing for four years to wage a battle against Shiite-dominated Iran.

"We are giving the Persians, and especially the rulers of Iran, a two-month period to end all kinds of support for the Iraqi Shiite government and to stop direct and indirect intervention ... otherwise a severe war is waiting for you," he said in the 50-minute audiotape released Sunday. The tape, which could not be independently verified, was posted on a Web site commonly used by insurgent groups.
Well...Thats interesting...
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
Damn, never saw that one coming...
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria
Ditto.
Flakturnal
+21|6442|Perth,WA
I have a feeling Al Qaeda's junior school report card would have said something along the lines of "Does not play well with others"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I think their main goal is to get the US involved to fuck us up even more. They know the Middle East is a sensitive issue here in the States and has divided our nation in some respects. By threatening Iraq, they hope to keep our troops posted there so that they can kill more and cause further political issues within our nation. And if we decide to leave Iraq to fend for themselves, then the US will be portrayed in an even worse light and again, things will be screwed up even more.

Basically, it's a lose-lose situation for the United States. Iraq isn't Al-Qaeda's target, we are.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria

mtb0minime wrote:

I think their main goal is to get the US involved to fuck us up even more. They know the Middle East is a sensitive issue here in the States and has divided our nation in some respects. By threatening Iraq, they hope to keep our troops posted there so that they can kill more and cause further political issues within our nation. And if we decide to leave Iraq to fend for themselves, then the US will be portrayed in an even worse light and again, things will be screwed up even more.

Basically, it's a lose-lose situation for the United States. Iraq isn't Al-Qaeda's target, we are.
Its about Iran, not Iraq.

Basically, one US enemy just threatened ANOTHER US enemy.

This would be something along the lines of Hugo Chavez telling Cuba to fuck off.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6844|Sacramento, Cal
wow....
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
man... if it's not obvious these extremists are friggin nuts... I dont think they could even comprehend just hanging out and having a beer... maybe fishing... talking about chicks with big tits....they only know hatred... lol
Love is the answer
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Islam needs a civil war to sort itself out. Although Iran and (sortof) Iraq are pretty much the only Shia areas in the world. So it wouldn't be much.

Bet those Persians are wishing they stayed Zoroastrian now.

Who's the bigger enemy? Iran? AQ? AQ controlling Pakistan? The latter for me.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-07-09 00:43:54)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

maybe the u.s. should just step aside at let them fight it out.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

man... if it's not obvious these extremists are friggin nuts... I dont think they could even comprehend just hanging out and having a beer... maybe fishing... talking about chicks with big tits....they only know hatred... lol
A: Arab beer? I wouldn't trust that shit. And it isn't like they can afford to import Heineken. And I think even Arabs have standards when it comes to beer, so I doubt they'd go for a Bud Light.

B: Where the FUCK are they going to fish in the middle of the gorram desert?

C: LAWL @ tit joke.   "Ah, Ahkmed, your wife, her breasts are large and perky, you are a lucky man that she covers those shameful things so well." "Yes, it is true Hammed, I am so happy that my wife never exposes her supple chesticles, even while we are making love in bed, the way Allah intended, with her Burka on."

In all seriousness, I'm interested in how this is gonna play out. And think, now we can punk on Iran and totally blame Al Qaeda.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Yeah, but then they'll want the US involved to help the poor Iranian people, and then Al Qaeda will start an insurgency, and then Iran will become a breeding ground for terrorists.

That's just what I forsee.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, but then they'll want the US involved to help the poor Iranian people, and then Al Qaeda will start an insurgency, and then Iran will become a breeding ground for terrorists.

That's just what I forsee.
Ahmadinejad can go play "Hide and Go Fuck Yourself" for all I care. Lets let him deal with Al Qaeda for a little while. I see no harm in it, as long as we supervise from the outside, to make sure it doesn't spillover into areas that would be harmful. Simply don't give either side weapons, don't let Iran develope nukes, and see how it plays out. Either Al Qaeda will be crushed/crippled by Iran, which will be good for US, or Al Qaeda will get Ahmadinejad kicked out of office, and then we get to play the big hero and kick them out. And if anyone asks where the US is? We say "Didn't you want us to butt out?"
David.P
Banned
+649|6274
Wow can anyone say Islamic civil war?
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6176|sverige
I know, us ally with AQ and attack iran
pj666
+16|6366|Sydney, Australia
Well that's big news .... not. Al Qaeda has always been Sunni sided.

The Sunni-Shiite divide is like Catholic-Protestant conflict during the Reformation, on steroids.

Don't assume this is anything to do with the US. This is a fight with centuries of history.

Guess not only the CIA gets "blowback".

EDIT: typo

Last edited by pj666 (2007-07-09 05:40:11)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA
Well that is cool, not even the terrorists are safe from the terrorists. Lets give them all the rope they want.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6743|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Elamdri wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288600,00.html

CAIRO, Egypt —  The leader of an Al Qaeda umbrella group in Iraq threatened to wage war against Iran unless it stops supporting Shiites in Iraq within two months, according to an audiotape.

Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, who leads the group Islamic State in Iraq , said his Sunni fighters have been preparing for four years to wage a battle against Shiite-dominated Iran.

"We are giving the Persians, and especially the rulers of Iran, a two-month period to end all kinds of support for the Iraqi Shiite government and to stop direct and indirect intervention ... otherwise a severe war is waiting for you," he said in the 50-minute audiotape released Sunday. The tape, which could not be independently verified, was posted on a Web site commonly used by insurgent groups.
Well...Thats interesting...
We'll probably see Syria wade in offically, then the full extent of Geroge Bush's momunental fuck up will become apparent, and it fully kicks off.  I mean how can you say "didn't see that coming?" who the fuck do you think the Persian Gulf war was between? of course that's going to kick off again.  Going to be funny 'cause either US hands Iraq to Iran or else they back Sunni Al Qaeda again, good luck explaining that to America, or else - well done Mr President for making Iran the most powerful nation in the region.. Rock------>hard place..
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Hmmm...

This is a bloody confusing situation.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6682|Dayton, Ohio
Well, if this ever gets going it would create interesting bed fellows.  It would be interesting to have Iran as an ally in the war on Terror, just think, Iran and the US get buddy-buddy.  The US now has access to plenty of oil and Iran will get their Nuclear reactor.  Now for 20-30 years we are great friends until Iran turns on us and we have to over throw them.  In the mean time, Iran can not focus on Iraq and we have a chance to stablize the country.  All the Middle eastern states rally behind destroying Al Qaeda and we all live happily ever after.  Man I love Euphoria [sets down blunt] --- Who am I kidding, never going to happen.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria

pj666 wrote:

Well that's big news .... not.
I'm not saying this is US caused, nor am I saying it is necessarily shocking. I just wasn't really expecting it.

There's no rule that says that we have to either back Al Qaeda or let Iraq fall to Iran. Personally, I think what we should do is let them duke it out for a while, let them thin each other's numbers a bit. Hell, if we're lucky Iran might do some decent damage to Al Qaeda. Then, once everything is done, we go in and just play cleanup. I'm all for sitting in the back and playing puppet-master.
theelviscerator
+19|6289
that is hilarious...

the tree huggers know not what to say now!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

theelviscerator wrote:

that is hilarious...

the tree huggers know not what to say now!
What the fuck are you talking about? I could have told you that Iran and Al Qaeda are ideological enemies right from the fucking start. I don't understand what point you're trying to make. I guess that's typical - you're obviously a Republican after all, logic not your strong point.

Has the whole fucking world gone to sleep or something? Al Qaeda were a threat to Saddam. They are a threat to the Iranian political system. Iran is a country that is not doing too badly for itself. Iraq was too until Saddam stupidly misinterpreted American statements and marched into Kuwait. Saddam had to battle Ansar-Al Islam - a Kurdish 'Al Qaeda' (not to be confused with the PKK) - the entire time he was in power. The Al Qaeda philosophy is totally fucking warped - not just to you and me but also to 99% of muslims. Why can't people understand this? Has the global stupidity level gone up recently?

MESSAGE TO ALL BRAINDEAD AUTOMATONS: REMEMBER ALL THAT STUFF ON THE TV A FEW YEARS AGO THAT LINKED IRAQ TO AL QAEDA? WIPE IT FROM YOUR MIND - IT WAS BULLSHIT. WE'LL FORGIVE YOUR STUPIDITY THIS ONE TIME. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN WITH IRAN.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-09 09:39:36)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199
um you will confuse a lot of american now.. most of them think that al qaida and Iran are the same.. like they think that Saddam was an ally of ben laden and that iraq attacked the US on 911.

too much information

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard