Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6634|Washington, DC

Yeah this was pretty disheartening story. It's a shame our pool drains are so dangerous.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6339|Oregon
this is disturbing.
also though, for similar fun, read Chuck Palahniuk's "Guts"
he's the author of Fight Club...
that's just a disturbing and uncomfortable story. I don't recommend it. In fact... I think I may get in trouble for posting the link. So I won't.
Google it if you really want to though.
golgoj4
+51|6777|North Hollywood

Hurricane wrote:

Yeah this was pretty disheartening story. It's a shame our pool drains are so dangerous.
Pool drains aren't so much dangerous as bad design + circumstance. It sucks for the little girl who got injured, and I hope they get sued out of existence. As someone in construction who builds a lot of pools, this type of irresponsible operation and possibly design make me sick. We pretty much make it impossible to remove the drains on the pools we build specifically for this reason. And we use two intakes...so if one becomes blocked shit like this doesn't happen.  WTF were the covers even doing off of the goddamned drain? And to the op, maybe it would be less funny if your intestines got sucked into the pool drain.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6553|CH/BR - in UK

Ouch - even just imagining this from her parents point of view makes me cringe, let alone the from. Poor girl - they had better sue them for LOTS of money.

-konfusion
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6678|Canberra, AUS
The fact that you can laugh is almost as bad as the actual event itself.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6769|Cambridge (UK)
Why the fuck did the drain suck in the first place?

Surely a drain only needs to drain?
HSG
+23|6477|British Columbia, Canada
I heard about a kid who had that happen along time ago. Its not a lie.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6678|Canberra, AUS

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Oh god... please... no....
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6686|The Lou
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6643

HURLEY wrote:

Lmao, Irony FTW!
Adblock ftw...
Madhadda1
+270|6548|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

you are kidding right?
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6661|South West England

Stingray24 wrote:

Bennett said doctors had to perform surgery to remove the part of Abigail's intestine that remained following the accident. He said it is likely that she will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life.
I'm so Sry but, she may has well of died, it has fucked her up pretty badley, I wouldnt want to live after that or with the above
Mafia47
+27|6744|Chicago

djphetal wrote:

this is disturbing.
also though, for similar fun, read Chuck Palahniuk's "Guts"
he's the author of Fight Club...
that's just a disturbing and uncomfortable story. I don't recommend it. In fact... I think I may get in trouble for posting the link. So I won't.
Google it if you really want to though.
what he said
siciliano732
+202|6652|New York

jimmanycricket wrote:

Thats not funny, thats horrible.
FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6559|Behind you, with a knife
Seriously, I won't beleive it 'till I see a link
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6483|Somewhere else

I read about it.   The pool drain had a cover that was not properly replaced back on and some screws were missing that held the protective cover in place.

Sadly, she lost most of her intestines, which you need to survive.  But with modern medicine, she will survive.  The horrible part is is that she will get all of her nutrients through an IV.  Just terrible.   That girl deserves millions.  She will need millions just to stay alive.  She probably will be able to eat food, but it will not supply her with any nutrients....just terrible.

It's one of those stories that you just hope that the world of medicine will come up with something for her.

She said she wanted to bwe on the news about it, to let others know what happned and to warn people.  There she is, in serious trouble for her life, and she worried about other people getting hurt.   Such a shame that this happened to a little girl. (Yes I know a million different children are injured or mamed everyday..that's beside the point)

It makes me wonder why can't something like this happen to a fucking rapist, or habitual thief a fair god FTL.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6769|Cambridge (UK)

Madhadda1 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

you are kidding right?
Me? Kidding? Would I?
agent146
+127|6390|Jesus Land aka Canada

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

you are kidding right?
Me? Kidding? Would I?
OHH i get it ......LOL
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6406|Alberta, Canada

Magpie wrote:

Is it only me or dosent it seem strange that the girls parents are already suing the pool owners  while their daughter is still at the hospital in serious condition? If it was my daughter i would of not moved from her side at the hospital and suing somebody would be far back in my mind is it only me that finds this fucked or what?
That's a good point. Shows how greedy people are. I'd be the same way as you, not going "What the fuck?! Our girl is in the hospital, so give us cash NOW".
CloakedStarship
+76|6569
That poor girl.  I don't know if i would want to live after something like that.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6648|Ohio
2 words: THAT SUCKS
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6712|th3 unkn0wn

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I read about it.   The pool drain had a cover that was not properly replaced back on and some screws were missing that held the protective cover in place.

Sadly, she lost most of her intestines, which you need to survive.  But with modern medicine, she will survive.  The horrible part is is that she will get all of her nutrients through an IV.  Just terrible.   That girl deserves millions.  She will need millions just to stay alive.  She probably will be able to eat food, but it will not supply her with any nutrients....just terrible.

It's one of those stories that you just hope that the world of medicine will come up with something for her.

She said she wanted to bwe on the news about it, to let others know what happned and to warn people.  There she is, in serious trouble for her life, and she worried about other people getting hurt.   Such a shame that this happened to a little girl. (Yes I know a million different children are injured or mamed everyday..that's beside the point)

It makes me wonder why can't something like this happen to a fucking rapist, or habitual thief a fair god FTL.
Can they transplant an intestine? You know, like a heart or kidney. I'm still bloody (excuse the pun) surprised she actually survived cos I've heard of people dying from less serious injuries
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6626|Little Bentcock
Fuck
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6394

At least she's only in a serious condition.  In hospitals, serious = on way to recovery.  Critical = very dangerous (say for example 60% burning).

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-07-08 22:42:31)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6739|Salt Lake City

Blah, blah blah.  Blame everyone else and sue everyone to get a quick score.  The great American way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard