BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6486|Latvia

h4hagen wrote:

BALTINS wrote:

damn.. i'll have to finally buy half-life 2.. that looks just awesome
I play it and I have CS:S DOD:S and HL2:DM. its a lot like Americas Army with all the bad stuff fixed.
It works with the Source Multiplayer pack? Yay
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

chuyskywalker wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

I know you cant but for fucks sake why is everyone always taking the goddamn rifleman kits?
You could just learn to use another kit. Several are excellent. Even the insurgent RPG gunner has his stunning uses.

David.Podedworny wrote:

Thats not the point! As a squad you each have to do something i get that, But for fucks sake where is the teamwork? Most people just take a kit and solo.
You've been playing in the very wrong places. I've had a lot of excellent teamwork and communication.

David.Podedworny wrote:

There is no incentive really to work as a team in this mod.
How about a cookie?

http://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07270/5203-bak … cookie.jpg
(God how am i gonna argue with him)

Allright First off. RPG is my 2nd favorite kit(Easy to get since everyone wants Rifleman and Support) I'm a good sniper and i love that kti but to me assault rifles are second to none.

Second. What servers and maps? I've seen people take the AK and try to "Rambo"

Third. I hate cookies they taste like burnt bread crumbs to me.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
Have downloaded it but every time I join a server within a few seconds up pops this message in the corner "Warning:Connection Problem" which is closely followed by this message "Lost Connection to server".

I have turned off my firewall and It still isnt working.

Also the music dosent stop playing when I join a game.

Any help would be great.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

paranoid101 wrote:

Have downloaded it but every time I join a server within a few seconds up pops this message in the corner "Warning:Connection Problem" which is closely followed by this message "Lost Connection to server".

I have turned off my firewall and It still isnt working.

Also the music dosent stop playing when I join a game.

Any help would be great.
Turn off the music in the audio menu. The lost connection issue is server side. Some servers have crashing issues etc.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I've found that the music still plays even if you turn it off in the audio menu   but that'll be fixed soon enough.

It plays out after about 2minutes anyway.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

james@alienware wrote:

I've found that the music still plays even if you turn it off in the audio menu   but that'll be fixed soon enough.

It plays out after about 2minutes anyway.
Set the volume for music to 0. That helped me.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
Thanks Cyborg
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

Well, the key to getting good squad work going is to hop on the voip incessantly. I find teamwork goes up 5 brazillion percent once you start talking to people.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

chuyskywalker wrote:

Well, the key to getting good squad work going is to hop on the voip incessantly. I find teamwork goes up 5 brazillion percent once you start talking to people.
It's always great to start: Anyone got a mic?

If not. Start mic spam till people will go buy a mic to tell you to STFU.
Microwave
_

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

It's always great to start: Anyone got a mic?

If not. Start mic spam till people will go buy a mic to tell you to STFU.
Genius.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
Patch 1.1 is released. Now people won't bitch about SAW having one clip.
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6432

David.Podedworny wrote:

Dude this mod does suck in most cases. I did what hurricane said and it was better but still not as good as PR. The M14 is good i have to admit that but i still find the extreme kit limiting really annoying. I mean seriously if i want a rifleman kit then why cant i have it? And why is their literally no squadplay? In PR it's alot more team oriented, But in this mod everyone goes all over the place.

I know this is still beta but so is .6 and it is alot better. Please dont tell me i'm a noob i got the hang of it pretty quickly i just find some things very annoying.(Aka no Squad chat, No helping class, And 1 hit kills almost anywhere on the body)

What they do need to improve on are squad mechanics, squad leaders role, and most importantly allow us to share clips if we have the same gun(I do it all the time in Zombie Master)

It's all in all an ok mod but they have alot to improve on.
Try playing on decent servers

/on shameless plug

like one of PTG's 3 INS servers (16 24 32 man) where teamwork is everywhere and (if you follow hoot o0 you can nick a few of his kills )

/off

second BETA BETA BETA

third most of the servers there is only 1 squad so team chat is fine, also talking between the two squads iss good, and they didnt spend too long on ingame VOIP as most people who use voip are either in a clan or a group of friends with a public ventrillo or TS which is better than any in game voip (btw vent > ts )

forth it is hard, but the more you play the better you get. practice makes perfect

fifth i here many complaining of low FPS, i get 20 FPS in BF2 (on all low) i get 20 FPS in INS (well in DX8 and on low and not @ my screens native res either) and INS is still playable, espicialy if you stay back with support or use a shotty

sixth the best part of being a team play is being able to take many diffrent roles as the situation requires, if RPG is the last one left then so be it, and if you are rifleman and they meed a support gunner then so be it (change kits )
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6479|Sheffield-England

james@alienware wrote:

Download
So....

which do i click?
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
so is this game like ....bf2 or is like cs on a bigger level because i don't really like cs much.
Microwave
_

stkhoplite wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

Download
So....

which do i click?
Download the Client 1.0 beta Full installer and then the Client 1.1 beta Patch only also.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6479|Sheffield-England

james@alienware wrote:

stkhoplite wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

Download
So....

which do i click?
Download the Client 1.0 beta Full installer and then the Client 1.1 beta Patch only also.
I downloaded the Full installer, but nothing showed up anywhere when i installed the installer :S

Do i gotta download the patch to install?
Microwave
_
It will show up in your steam games (it should automatically download "Source SDK Base" which is a tool in steam.

You don't need the patch to install the game. It just has some fixes.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6527|London (At Heart)

The download failed at 97%

Someone is pissed.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6740
Well Im not having much luck with this game, least its just the Beta.

I have only play one full game and since then I get lost connection, game freezing up and this is the latest one stuck on the loading into a round screen and It wont go any further.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
this is my new favorite game
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6659|The darkside of Denver
INS rocks the house.  BF2 what???? EA who???
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6533|Cardiff
tbh i was playing it all night today and its kinda boring me already (mind u i played cs for about 6/7 years and this is reasonably similar).

the feel of the guns is pretty good (recoil etc) and the movement isnt too hindering but the maps are basically pretty linear.

ill prolly be playing it for a bit more but i think its gonna bore the shite out of me real quick tbh.  i am aware of its good points tho b4 you all start flaming away but they dont make up for the fact thats its cs:s with new physics and skins in my opinion.  it will prolly be pretty good a year down the road when they have had time to implement new ideas and stuff.

Last edited by [THE] comben (2007-07-11 18:48:55)

elite3444
The other kid
+24|6637|USA
whats the m14? theres the M4 and the M16A4
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

elite3444 wrote:

whats the m14? theres the M4 and the M16A4
Marksmen rifle.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

I failed bigtime the first few rounds. Now after a few hours I starting to master the M249SAW and M14 rifle.

PS. >> http://www.xfire.com/clans/bf2ss/ !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard