PspRpg-7
-
+961|6720

This thread is clearly a joke, quit trying to turn it into something serious.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6511|Gogledd Cymru

Stop pissing on our bonfire
Larkin
Banned
+22|6538|West Yorkshire, England

d4rkst4r wrote:

Larkin wrote:

If the Russians ever invaded I'd like to think we all would know what to do! Hence, I've made a simple guide for taking out Russian tank convoys.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8861 … nconn6.jpg

This is real useful lifesaving stuff you know!

EDIT: sorry about the resolution.

http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … nconn6.jpg << direct link
Do you ever listen to the crap that comes out of your mouth?
Funnily enough i typed all that, I didn't say it.

Longbow wrote:

Third - if the shit ever happens ( war I mean ) , before tanks come in any city\village\whatever it will be tacticaly nuked .
You were obviously brought up in the Cold War. Theres no tactical advantage to nuking a target other than obliterating your enemy with minimal effort. It's a lot better to take a city with ground forces and then occupy it, you can then reap the economical benefits when your war is over.

M.O.A.B wrote:

then have people located high up to avoid maximum elevation from the gun of the tank they are shooting at.
I like this idea!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6736|US
Molotov cocktails for everyone!...and large explosives at the front and back (or suitable tank traps)

You need an elevated possition with concealment.
Once tanks start rolling by, you blow/block the front and back of the convoy.  Then, you and your friends molotov the convoy, with a LOT of molotovs.  Yes, you will take casualties, but you will suffocate/force the tank crews to out.

***JUST HOPE THERE ARE NO OTHER UNITS AROUND!***

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2007-07-07 12:56:20)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666
molotov cocktails are worthless against modern armor
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666
no matter how high you elevate yourself, it wont be high enough.  I know our tanks could easily stick the gun out pointing to the moon.

if you are gonna wanna take out a 3 vehicle tank convoy youre gonna have to outnumber it with at least 3 to 1 in terms of personell.  say 4 men per tank, youll want at least between 30 and 40 infantry.

this is if you want to take out the element.  chances are, it will hurt you more than them in the long run.  tanks are easily replaceable, insurgents arent.  so, most likely, you wont see this kind of a scenario in the real world.  unless you got a bunch of suiciders. 

if you want to disrupt combat ops, use an ied and take off running.  dont stick around a fight that you know you cant win.  and the lead vehicle is not the optimum to take out for that mission.  i feel like im sharing too much.  its all stupid anyway, once the first tank gets hit, the area will most likely be saturated with air support from gunships and any other ground elements in sector.   

these are pretty good instructions on how to get kiled by a tank convoy.
Smithereener
+138|6338|California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

It worked in Saving Private Ryan. Despite the fact that Saving Private Ryan is WWII era
']['error
Banned
+630|6666|The Netherlands
hahaha LMAO! omg tanks!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666

Smithereener wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

It worked in Saving Private Ryan. Despite the fact that Saving Private Ryan is WWII era
think about it...how hot can that molotov cocktail get trying to melt multiple inches of hard, hard metal.  The gasoline in the molotov will just burn out and smoke after a few moments and you got a pissed off tank crew forced to suck in those fumes.
Smithereener
+138|6338|California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

think about it...how hot can that molotov cocktail get trying to melt multiple inches of hard, hard metal.  The gasoline in the molotov will just burn out and smoke after a few moments and you got a pissed off tank crew forced to suck in those fumes.
Yeah, I was joking about the scene in SPR where they throw the cocktail into the tank and it asplodes. I know it won't work; like expecting a pebble to destroy a building or something.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666
im taking this thread way too seriously
Smithereener
+138|6338|California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

im taking this thread way too seriously
It happens, mostly when people start joking around sounding stupid about something you might know a lot of. Noooo worries.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6742|California

What you need clearly is a Go Go Action Bronco convoy diversion. You lead the tanks into the hills where the Carebear army will be waiting to rein molten hot molasses and magic onto the tanks, thus converting them into slaves of the Carebear army.

I witnessed this happen 1975 in Afghanistan. I have never been the same since.
CDK3Y
+25|6161|BEHIND YOU!
Well this tactic was used by the Chechens in the 94-96 Chechen war, they killed of a whole Russian brigade which was assaulting the city. approx 1000 Russians killed, they used the same tactic when the Russians tried to clear out the south of the region, knocked out ~50 vehicles and killed over 150 Russians

TANKS+CITYS=MASSACRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7UP2mONUs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Batt … ay_Station
']['error
Banned
+630|6666|The Netherlands

CDK3Y wrote:

Well this tactic was used by the Chechens in the 94-96 Chechen war, they killed of a whole Russian brigade which was assaulting the city. approx 1000 Russians killed, they used the same tactic when the Russians tried to clear out the south of the region, knocked out ~50 vehicles and killed over 150 Russians

TANKS+CITYS=MASSACRE

damn dude that's seriously fucked up for the people that lived there
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6666

CDK3Y wrote:

TANKS+CITYS=MASSACRE

and the chechens still havent won.
CDK3Y
+25|6161|BEHIND YOU!
Chechens won the first war, the second one which started in 1999, went the other way, extremists muslims joined the Chechen ranks from overseas (Chechnya is a muslim region) to fight Jihad! alot of Chechens who were Sufi's disliked extremism and changed sides, to kick the extremists out, over 10 years of conflict Russia has wiped out 25% of Chechnya population and has suffered losses of over 16000
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6245|Escea

Grozny's the most destroyed city on the planet isn't it. Anyway the reason a molotv worked in SPR was because the tank had an open top where the molotov could easily hit the crew and ammo. But as GS said, and he has more knowledge of the subject than I will, its probably a bad idea to attack a tank convoy head on.
CDK3Y
+25|6161|BEHIND YOU!
yes it is...worst bombing of a city since WWII...it was nearly a month under arty strikes
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6205|Wolverhampton

CDK3Y wrote:

yes it is...worst bombing of a city since WWII...it was nearly a month under arty strikes
How many points does the commander get for the arty strikes.

If the joke seems to be of bad taste I apologise, but this thread was started as a humour one and its waaaaaayyyyy to serious now.

Last edited by Chaos_nation (2007-07-07 14:45:28)

Balok77
+28|6170
this is important tho, wen russia attacks the U.S.A (any day now) the military is gonna call on the bf2s population to deal with any tank attacks.....
CDK3Y
+25|6161|BEHIND YOU!
lmao! i bet the commader got like a million points...and if anybody wants to see what happens when Russia attacks US wait for WORLD IN CONFLICT! i was in the beta test, amazing game
aLeX
.?
+160|6353|:D

I think the idea is actually plausable. If it somehow fails.. just switch teams and C4 the feckers

Not sure if anyone has stated the fact that the Russian tank commanders will most probably be drunk, so they wont actually know what do. Victory is ours! Then we can say to the civilians "Dont worry sir, I'm from the internet" Oh I can't wait. Bring on the Russians!
CDK3Y
+25|6161|BEHIND YOU!

l-aLeX-l wrote:

I think the idea is actually plausable. If it somehow fails.. just switch teams and C4 the feckers

Not sure if anyone has stated the fact that the Russian tank commanders will most probably be drunk, so they wont actually know what do. Victory is ours! Then we can say to the civilians "Dont worry sir, I'm from the internet" Oh I can't wait. Bring on the Russians!
LOL! maybe we can also use some hacks like AIMBOT or spam a ton of DPV on their asses!
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6653|New Hampshire, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

doesnt work like this in the real world
Cause ya know, "rtflpwnt the last tank with moltovs" doesn't scream joke or anything
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard