IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6712|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Bertster7 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

There weren't any that I know of. But then it's a lot more difficult to slip off across the Atlantic, while it's full of U-Boats, than it is to come over from Ireland. Also, there were plenty of American supplies coming through, maybe not soldiers, but the supplies were extremely handy.
Didn't seem to stop the Canadians! know what I mean? eh eh!
The Canadians weren't forbidden from entering the war by law. They weren't neutral, they were actively involved.
While both Countries were neutral right, my point is; if nearly a hundred thousand of the Irish could get to Britain and Fight for the Crown, where were the thousands of Americans flooding into Canada to fight with them? see? see what  I did there? ya gets me? eh eh?  they didn't PFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!

/ end of discussion
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

IG-Calibre wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

The Canadians weren't forbidden from entering the war by law. They weren't neutral, they were actively involved.
While both Countries were neutral right, my point is; if nearly a hundred thousand of the Irish could get to Britain and Fight for the Crown, where were the thousands of Americans flooding into Canada to fight with them? see? see what  I did there? ya gets me? eh eh?  they didn't PFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!

/ end of discussion
Ahhhhhhh........
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Bertster7 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

/ end of discussion
Ahhhhhhh........
Sure there were some even went an fought along side the Nazi's!!  they don't call us the fighting Irish for nothing

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-07-05 07:59:05)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

IG-Calibre wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

/ end of discussion
looking for boats
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

IG-Calibre wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

/ end of discussion
Ahhhhhhh........
Sure there were some even went an fought along side the Nazi's!!  they don't call us the fighting Irish for nothing

That's they Irish all over

Don't care what side, just so long as they see some action.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

M.O.A.B wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

/ end of discussion
looking for boats
Enemy boat spotted?

IG-Calibre
comhalta
I reckon they should make a Film about Paddy Mayne, get big Liam Nelson to play him as they are not un-alike, only a mad bastard from Ulster could of founded the British SBS during WW2!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Mayne
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

IG-Calibre wrote:

I reckon they should make a Film about Paddy Mayne, get big Liam Nelson to play him as they are not un-alike, only a mad bastard from Ulster could of founded the British SBS during WW2!

Liam Neeson?
IG-Calibre
comhalta

sergeriver wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Liam Neeson?
Nah, Big Liam Nelson from Ahochil, jaysus boy he's some actor that fella...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
YOU ARE NOT THE BE-ALL AND END-ALL OF THE WORLD.

YOU ARE NOT THE SAVIOURS OF THE PLANET

YOU ARE NOT INHERENTLY SUPERIOR.

GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Why? What has the US done for Canada recently? I would hope they're nice to you - they're your neighbours ffs.
Are you implying that they should do something? Why would you say that? And what should they do??
No I'm not - I'm just baffled that you call the US your 'best friend' and 'awesome ally' when their most outstanding achievement in relation to Canada is that they are geographically close to Canada. Let's not forget they tried to take Canada back in 1812. Perhaps history isn't your strong point...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
I really don't understand why you are baffled? What is the point of bringing something up that happened almost 200 years ago. Sure we have had our differences but we work thru them and get over it. Even the best of friends have squabbles. I like America and I like Americans. I have been all over the world, and find myself and my family treated very well anytime we are in the US. Aussies are really nice people too. My second favorite people/place.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

IG-Calibre wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Liam Neeson?
I don't know that guy.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

sergeriver wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Liam Neeson?
I don't know that guy.
Haha - it's all right Serge, bad joke on my behalf - you're right I did mean Liam Neeson
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

sergeriver wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Why are people so obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people who are obsessed with America?!? Answer that one.
Why are Americans so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America?
Damn, you win.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Some Americans seem so concerned about every tiny comment about America.  Then, we have people thinking that the World has this obsession with America.  Why do you think is that?
I guess getting constantly kicked in the balls does that. Damned if you do damned if you don't. It's either, America save us, or America fuck off. Never seems to be a happy medium.
I rarely hear people crying out 'America save us'. The last time was in 1939. It then took the US a couple of years (and of course the Pearl Harbour incident) to get up off their arses. Having said that: GG USA in WWII. Much appreciated.
Yeah the brits owes America shitloads caus they saved their ass in WWII.
Thats why they follow them to iraq and other places.
sorry offtopic..
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

sergeriver wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Why are people so obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people who are obsessed with America?!? Answer that one.
Why are Americans so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America?
Why are Americans so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America who are so obsessed with people obsessed with Americans who are obsessed with people obsessed with America?

I'm sure here and everyone is tired of the 'We've saved your ass in WW2' argument. It has no factual backing and just ends up in a circular mycountryisbetterthanyours squabble.

Last edited by Spark (2007-07-06 23:48:24)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269

Spark wrote:

YOU ARE NOT THE BE-ALL AND END-ALL OF THE WORLD.

YOU ARE NOT THE SAVIOURS OF THE PLANET

YOU ARE NOT INHERENTLY SUPERIOR.

GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES.
QFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
America makes an effort to exert its cultural influence on the world (movies, TV, media etc.) and then gets annoyed when people who have been exposed to this globalisation of US culture begin to have an opinion on it. The reason we don't bitch and moan as much about China, Russia or any other super power is because they are not trying to sell us the Chinese/Russian dream.

The US has done many great things over the years, these do not excuse the bad things (in the same way that the bad things do not deny the good things) but the current bad image of the US is largely thanks to the Bush regime, the world had been quite happy to turn a blind eye to your machinations before then ...hypocritical, I know, but I believe it was a case of out of sight, out of mind.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Spark wrote:

I'm sure here and everyone is tired of the 'We've saved your ass in WW2' argument. It has no factual backing and just ends up in a circular mycountryisbetterthanyours squabble.[/b]
Exactly.  I don't hear any Russian guy saying the same, and in fact they saved Europe's ass from Hitler.  I don't say the Us didn't help, but the Russians took the worst part and they didn't get the credit.
imortal
+240|6635|Austin, TX
I get upset because I know that "The Jerry Springer Show" has been picked up in other countires, and I fear that non-americans watching the show may think most americans are really like that!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.

imortal wrote:

I get upset because I know that "The Jerry Springer Show" has been picked up in other countires, and I fear that non-americans watching the show may think most americans are really like that!
An unfortunate, yet true issue.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

sergeriver wrote:

Some Americans seem so concerned about every tiny comment about America.  Then, we have people thinking that the World has this obsession with America.  Why do you think that is?
Why are you obsessed with Americans obsessed with people obsessed with America?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

sergeriver wrote:

Spark wrote:

I'm sure here and everyone is tired of the 'We've saved your ass in WW2' argument. It has no factual backing and just ends up in a circular mycountryisbetterthanyours squabble.[/b]
Exactly.  I don't hear any Russian guy saying the same, and in fact they saved Europe's ass from Hitler.  I don't say the Us didn't help, but the Russians took the worst part and they didn't get the credit.
but they were friendly with the nazis until they invaded.  And the area that the USSR "saved", well, they did call it an iron curtain for a reason.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Spark wrote:

but they were friendly with the nazis until they invaded.  And the area that the USSR "saved", well, they did call it an iron curtain for a reason.
Firendly?  I'd say they were not attacking each other until Hitler went nuts, and invaded Russia.  You must admit that Russians made most of the dirty work.  They smashed Hitler and therefore Hitler lost the war.  The other Allies helped too, but Russians made the biggest effort IMO.
Smithereener
+138|6286|California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Spark wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call that friendly, more like a "I hate you, but give me some time to prepare." relationship. Stalin hated Facism/Nazism and vice versa, Hitler hated Communism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard