Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas
I'm convinced that 90% of the bickering on this sub-forum could be ended if the majority of the members could come to the realization that:

1.  Leaders are not elected anymore.  Leaders are chosen by who has the most money.  Whoever has the most money has the ability to have more airtime.  More airtime equals more votes.  Snowball effect.

2.  Countries never do anything out of the kindness of their hearts.  National interest is priority numero uno, always.  So for all you retards that think we went to war with Iraq to "help people" or to "save them from an evil dictator mad-man", you are sorely mistaken.  Look at history, Vietnam was to stop Communism which was in our national interest.  The 1st Iraq war was to liberate Kuwait, oil is in our national interest.  Afghanistan was to clean out the Taliban that harbored terrorists, which was in our national interest.  Iraq part 2?  Do the math.  If helping people was our goal, why are we not in Sudan right now? 

3.  Israel/Palestine.......sigh.  Israel isn't going away anytime soon.  Bickering about their evil deeds on an online gaming forum isn't going to topple their government.  Israel has the support of the western world for the sole reason that they are a friendly and similar government in a hostile territory.  Israel can and will be used as a base of operations for the allies in the event that anything breaks off with the surrounding countries.  Israel is there to keep the middle eastern countries from getting organized enough, smart enough, or powerful enough to deny the western world access to the oil reserves in the middle east.  It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to figure that out.

4.  Politicians lie.  To think otherwise or believe anything that comes out of their festering, muck spewing propaganda holes, is nothing other than stupid.  So the next time your politician promises you a basket full of candy and instead brings you a box with a big lump of shit in it, go cry in the corner by yourself.

5.  You will not change anything.  Your rallies, demonstrations, protest, dissent and harsh words, on the online universe or in the material world alike, are not going to change a damn thing.  The people, groups, organizations and parties that are in power for a reason.  That reason is that they are smarter, richer, meaner and dirtier than you.  So keep throwing rocks at the tanks and see where it gets you.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6712|67.222.138.85
What a winner. Especially #2 and 4.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

I don't think anyone here is trying to change the world with block quotes and wiki links. For some of us we are just forced to be around a computer 15 hours a day. These kinds of discussions amount to about the same effectiveness as me doing a crossword puzzle behind my desk. It's just a little more interesting.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
san4
The Mas
+311|6693|NYC, a place to live
Damn! Who knew Cougar was intelligent?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

Kmarion wrote:

I don't think anyone here is trying to change the world with block quotes and wiki links. For some of us we are just forced to be around a computer 15 hours a day. These kinds of discussions amount to about the same effectiveness as me doing a crossword puzzle behind my desk. It's just a little more interesting.
Hah, go read the Israel-Heavy-Handedness or the locked Haditha thread and tell me people don't take this a little too seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Cougar wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hah, go read the Israel-Heavy-Handedness or the locked Haditha thread and tell me people don't take this a little too seriously.
Your right.. I shouldn't have said anyone..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6448|Stealth City, UK
Discussing these things is better than working, and because there are so many factors within the issues it does get interesting sometimes.

Although the number of retards on this forum (which is increasing) has stopped the decent debates of old.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6649
The majority of people who read and write these posts have never been outside of their bedrooms longer than their parents would let them.  The thing that drew me into this forum were the prio service military writing about their experiences.  Most of them havent been arpund for a while.  Tihis is a meeting place for teenagers, for the most part, people that dont have their own formed opinions but the opinions of their parents or friends.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6598|Lexington, Kentucky

Cougar wrote:

...2.  Countries never do anything out of the kindness of their hearts.  National interest is priority numero uno, always.  So for all you retards that think we went to war with Iraq to "help people" or to "save them from an evil dictator mad-man", you are sorely mistaken.  Look at history, Vietnam was to stop Communism which was in our national interest.  The 1st Iraq war was to liberate Kuwait, oil is in our national interest.  Afghanistan was to clean out the Taliban that harbored terrorists, which was in our national interest.  Iraq part 2?  Do the math.  If helping people was our goal, why are we not in Sudan right now? 
Vietnam being about stopping the spread of Communism, is like calling invading Iraq to help them.
Stopping the spread of Communism was just a good PR story, like the 'attacks' in the Gulf of Tonkin.
It was purely about the natural resources.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

The majority of people who read and write these posts have never been outside of their bedrooms longer than their parents would let them.  The thing that drew me into this forum were the prio service military writing about their experiences.  Most of them havent been arpund for a while.  Tihis is a meeting place for teenagers, for the most part, people that dont have their own formed opinions but the opinions of their parents or friends.
I am ex-military and I love you too. 

XXOOXXOOXX
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

Cougar wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I don't think anyone on this forum is labouring under the delusion that they can actually change anything Cougar.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6524|Πάϊ
Indeed nobody is expecting to change anything through the BF2S forums. Nevertheless, #5 is totally wrong. All you have to do is open up a history book to see the massive power that people possess. Politicians of course know this, that's why they concentrate their efforts to gain control over the masses.

In fact, I'm dead sure you don't honestly believe  we're powerless.
ƒ³
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

CameronPoe wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I don't think anyone on this forum is labouring under the delusion that they can actually change anything Cougar.
You don't remember Xietsu by any chance?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

Cougar wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Now there was a douche nozzle.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6527

Cougar wrote:

5.  You will not change anything.  Your rallies, demonstrations, protest, dissent and harsh words, on the online universe or in the material world alike, are not going to change a damn thing.  The people, groups, organizations and parties that are in power for a reason.  That reason is that they are smarter, richer, meaner and dirtier than you.  So keep throwing rocks at the tanks and see where it gets you.
"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

oug wrote:

Indeed nobody is expecting to change anything through the BF2S forums. Nevertheless, #5 is totally wrong. All you have to do is open up a history book to see the massive power that people possess. Politicians of course know this, that's why they concentrate their efforts to gain control over the masses.

In fact, I'm dead sure you don't honestly believe  we're powerless.
#5 is completely correct.  In the modern world, especially in America, the masses are entirely to complacent, lazy, and brainwashed to rise up in any sort of force against the powers that be.  I say brainwashed and I mean it.  Meet my fiance's parents sometime and you will totally agree.

Maybe in a third world country like Somalia, where people aren't afraid to charge a tank head on with an AK-47, but in America the majority of the population has been "pussy-fied".  Honestly, who can imagine the average American people putting down their starbucks, bluetooth headsets and portable laptops long enough to pick up a rifle and charge an enemy position?
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6170|California
good job
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6731|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
I believe in 1,2,4 and 5. I have a different opinion on 3, but the rest is spot on.
Home
Section.80
+447|6853|Seattle, Washington, USA

1. Yep.
2. Yep. I hate it when I am debating the war with some moron at school, and they always pull the "So you don't think we should have helped those innocent people?" card. If we were going to war for purely humanitarian reasons, Iraq would not be our first stop.
3. Yep.
4. Yep.
5. Yep, in America right now. This doesn't apply to other countries, and hopefully it won't apply to America sometime in the future. (Although it probably won't change in my lifetime. )

Edit: And oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of Xietsu. Brings back funny memories.

Last edited by Home (2007-07-05 12:10:04)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6524|Πάϊ

Cougar wrote:

#5 is completely correct.  In the modern world, especially in America, the masses are entirely to complacent, lazy, and brainwashed to rise up in any sort of force against the powers that be.  I say brainwashed and I mean it.  Meet my fiance's parents sometime and you will totally agree.

Maybe in a third world country like Somalia, where people aren't afraid to charge a tank head on with an AK-47, but in America the majority of the population has been "pussy-fied".  Honestly, who can imagine the average American people putting down their starbucks, bluetooth headsets and portable laptops long enough to pick up a rifle and charge an enemy position?
Pussyfication is indeed grave in all of the western world, not just in the US. But have faith man! Haven't met your fiance's folks but hell, they can't all be like them!

Cougar wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Now there was a douche nozzle.
I thought he was funny.
ƒ³
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

I realize these things. I would edit ...

You will not change anything [without force].
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6185

Cougar wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Soooo True!!

Nice thread!
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6185

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

In theory its probably true on these forums. If I remember right...most of the people on these forums are college aged or younger. I'm 37, married with one child and the reason I am on these forums as much as I am because my work is my computer. Im an architect by trade with my own business so I'm in front of my computer probably too much. I have experienced a ton in my life. Travel, college, marriage, divorce, faced death a few times and even married a muslim woman.....so a lot of things mentioned here touch close to home. Anyhow, it is probably true..most opinions here are formed from their parents and of course the internet, which is probably the worst place to gather true, unbiased info.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6575|Portland, OR, USA

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

In theory its probably true on these forums. If I remember right...most of the people on these forums are college aged or younger. I'm 37, married with one child and the reason I am on these forums as much as I am because my work is my computer. Im an architect by trade with my own business so I'm in front of my computer probably too much. I have experienced a ton in my life. Travel, college, marriage, divorce, faced death a few times and even married a muslim woman.....so a lot of things mentioned here touch close to home. Anyhow, it is probably true..most opinions here are formed from their parents and of course the internet, which is probably the worst place to gather true, unbiased info.
I've been through three wives, eight kids, and a helluva lot of peanut butter...

but I just come here because I think it's such a unique opportunity to listen to viewpoints from all around the world.  I mean honestly, how often do you get to talk someone from New Zealand, Australia, Taiwan and the UK all at the same time...  It has certainly changed my way of thinking in many aspects of life but also strengthened some of my beliefs.

Overall, well said Cougar.. I agree with most of it.

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-07-05 15:35:44)

Ratzinger
+43|6397|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
These days, power only comes from force - the days of protests making a difference is over when the media can demonise and propagandise against civil groups.

All you have is your vote....it seems that might not count sometimes either (hey George?)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard