BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Recently , my BF2142 has been suffering from horrible framerates (as low as 15fps) when playing 42 player Conquest mode when normally I only get framerates as low as that only during Titan mode games.

Here's my PC specs :

Nvidia GeForce 7300GS
1GB RAM
Pentium D 2.4GHz
80GB HDD

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated. Also , I'm running 2142 using patch 1.25
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
1 - Same problem no matter what server you try it on?
2 - Same problem in single player?
3 - I take it you've had better framerate before?
4 - Surfing a lot of pr0n lately?

If "Yes" on at least 3 of the above I think you should start with a spyware search (ad-aware + spybot search and destroy is a good combo)
and then perhaps clear your shaders and see if things looks better.

Doesn't seem like a hardware issue to me. (That is if you've had better framerate before)

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_1.html
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
The funny thing is...(it's on every single server I played on)...the game starts out real nice and smooth (about 30+ fps or more) and keeps going down till it becomes a measly 15fps.

And yes , I clean out spyware regularly so its not a spyware issue.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Update...

Okay , so on the FPS meter in BF2142 , here's what I keep getting :

15/66.5

It's the same whether I tried the game on Single Player or Multiplayer. Funny thing is , the game starts out at a higher FPS and slowly keeps going back down to 15 fps !
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
Hmmm... Temperature problem?
Are you getting strange artefacts/CTD's and stuff like that when playing?

Open the case and see that your fans are working properly.
Could do wonders to blow away dust and stuff like that when you're in there.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-06-29 10:48:14)

BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
I'm sure it's not a temperature problem...GPU is running at a steady 68 degrees Celcius and I can play BF2 on medium-high settings without choppy framerates.

Seems like BF2142 is limiting my FPS. Anything I can do about it ?
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Bump , I really need the help >.< !
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Try disabling the paging file. That usually helps. The paging file is a file that Windows uses to extend RAM. But most hard drives are a lot slower than "real" RAM, so when Windows decides to put 2142 on the paging file, You'll get lag. Follow these steps (XP only, if you got Vista, there's nothing you can do... ):

Go to Start -> Run and type "regedit"

To the left, navigate yourself to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
   System
      CurrentControlSet
         Control
            Session Manager
               Memory Management

In Memory Management(To teh right), right-click on the DWORD-value DisablePagingExecutive and select "Edit*" and change the number from 0 to 1. Reboot.

*I'm running a swedish version of Windows. I don't know if it's "Change", "Edit", "Alter" etc...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
I don't even know the command to even check your fps in game lols. I would like to know what the command is for both bf2 and 2142

Last edited by Obiwan (2007-06-29 23:07:18)

BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia

Obiwan wrote:

I don't even know the command to even check your fps in game lols. I would like to know what the command is for both bf2 and 2142
renderer.drawFps 1
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA
I agree, It doesnt seem to be a hardware issue, Im running a similar setup(AMd Athlon 6 3200+(2Ghz) Nvidia 7600gt, 768mb ram) and i easily get 40-50FPS on all medium, so you shouldnt be that much lower then me.  As for it only being Titan, was it fine before in Titan?  Ttian is known to seriously slow down even high end machines, its alot of coding and alot of graphics, my frame rate drops as well on titan.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Yes , my games normally runs at framerates of 30-50 FPS on a 40 player Conquest map.

The only time I ever feel choppy is during Titan mode when the Titans are close to each other.

Now it seems BF2142 has locked my FPS to only 15 no matter what mode I play the game in , be it Multiplayer or Singleplayer and I've tested it out on multiple servers all on low game settings.
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA
Even outside Titan?  Titan is known for horrid performence, especially with titans on top of each other.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Yes , as I said , on every mode ; even on Conquest.

Seems to be a software problem...
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

BakaBakaNeko2 wrote:

Yes , as I said , on every mode ; even on Conquest.

Seems to be a software problem...
Could try a reinstall, if you havent already, might clear up the issue.  Other then that, all I could guess is a configuration file is locking your fps in(similar to CS, had a similar issue) Try doing a full manual unistall then a fresh install(Ea has directions in their Faqs.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA
Theres a simple cause of all these lag problems...

EA.

"Lets make a modern combat, squad-based action game!" "Oops, we kinda FUBAR'd that one, LET'S MAKE A FUTURE GAME!"
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Okay , here's the deal...I found that the game (confirmed) has locked my FPS at 15 even though it can reach a max of 60-80 on both Single Player and Multi Player modes.

Mind giving me a hand in fixing this up ? I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing and it still doesnt help at all...

Update again : Tried installing an older version of my video driver...doesn't work as well. Game starts out real smooth and slowly degenerates back to old framerates. Funny thing is that I can play real smooth on empty servers or in an empty LAN game averaging 50-60fps or more.

Last edited by BakaBakaNeko2 (2007-07-03 18:48:10)

r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

BakaBakaNeko2 wrote:

Okay , here's the deal...I found that the game (confirmed) has locked my FPS at 15 even though it can reach a max of 60-80 on both Single Player and Multi Player modes.

Mind giving me a hand in fixing this up ? I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing and it still doesnt help at all...

Update again : Tried installing an older version of my video driver...doesn't work as well. Game starts out real smooth and slowly degenerates back to old framerates. Funny thing is that I can play real smooth on empty servers or in an empty LAN game averaging 50-60fps or more.
Could be the card itself, are you able to test out a different card?  As for uninstalling it, did you do the manual unistall?(i.E deleteing registry files and all that)
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
I got no other cards to use

And yes , I did a full manual uninstall.

Funny thing is that other games that is graphics intensive doesn't give me much choppyness.
r2zoo
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

BakaBakaNeko2 wrote:

I got no other cards to use

And yes , I did a full manual uninstall.

Funny thing is that other games that is graphics intensive doesn't give me much choppyness.
Im outta ideas then, Im guessing you've already contacted EA, could always reformat and reinstall the game
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Thanks for all ur feedback guys. Problem solved , karma for everyone.

Turned out the problem was with the dust bunnies clogging up my CPU cooling fan !
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
w00t!

Glad to hear it's working again!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard