Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6687|Ohio
Wait, can some one explain what the Pitol tube does again?
mafropetee
+18|6186|Altamonte Springs, FL

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

sure. it measures airspeed.
fitz8402
+10|6652|The Halls of Montezuma

mafropetee wrote:

fitz8402 wrote:

I tried to post a pic but dont know how.  I am a forum noob.   Good job man
are you serious?

use these simple tags: (place url of picture here)
Yes I am serious   Thank you +1
fitz8402
+10|6652|The Halls of Montezuma

mafropetee wrote:

fitz8402 wrote:

fitz8402 wrote:

It is flight test equipment.  No doubt about it.  Take a look a the pick in my previous post
Upon reading you entire post I noticed other problems.  1.) The army doesn't fly fighters thus it will not be receiving a single f-35.  2.)  It has nowhere near the capabilities of the f-22.
navy. sorreh.

quite true about the F-22, but the F-22 is hella expensive. one F-22 costs about $187.3 mil. one F-35, on the other hand, costs roughly $100 mil. dont say im bsing cuz i pulled this right off of the governement's own website. also, the F-35 is a lot more versatile than the F-22, making it suitable for more combat situations. heres what i think they will do: use the F-35 as our main aircraft for most of our airborn fighters, and keep the F-22's stowed away in case situations call for its superiority.
You are not BSing about that original price but it is actually much lower now.  We now have the cost down to just slightly over what a new f-15 costs.  The f-35 is nowhere near as versatile as the f-22.  Feel free to look it up.

Last edited by fitz8402 (2007-07-04 21:04:06)

Inimicus_7
+26|6404|England, UK
Well, when a Daddy F35 loves a Mommy J10, muchly, the Daddy F35 puts his "Pitot tube" into...I'll let your mother explain.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6720|Middle of nowhere
slightly off topic but...anyone else think the F-35 in Live Free or Die Hard was pretty fucking cool?

i wish you could do that maneuvering in BF2...

Last edited by genius_man16 (2007-07-04 21:29:43)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6502|UK

genius_man16 wrote:

slightly off topic but...anyone else think the F-35 in Live Free or Die Hard was pretty fucking cool?

Haha watched it today thats possible in real life right? I was gutted it died by a little piece of poo poo falling into its hole though .
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6720|Middle of nowhere

wah1188 wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Haha watched it today thats possible in real life right? I was gutted it died by a little piece of poo poo falling into its hole though .
i think it's possible...

but then again, it's a movie and mostly computer generated, so who knows?

and i feel your pain, it's lame how it died b/c that box thing fell into it's.... man, i don't want to call it a hole, lol
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6502|UK

genius_man16 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

i think it's possible...

but then again, it's a movie and mostly computer generated, so who knows?

and i feel your pain, it's lame how it died b/c that box thing fell into it's.... man, i don't want to call it a hole, lol
On the way to the movie I was thinking how does he kill that F35b I mean its a million dollar machine with crazy stuff, then I thought he would throw a zippo lighter so hard at the cockpit glass that it would shatter causing a sonic boom instantly blowing up the avionics cause the plane to swerve and go kaboom.

Loved it when it shredded up the truck with the guns though
Panther0071
+5|6264
its use for when you hover your jet can be guided in the wind.
psH
Banned
+217|6426|Sydney
Its probably the cause of the J10 dodging everything
san4
The Mas
+311|6730|NYC, a place to live

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

If I correct his spelling, will I get flamed again? 
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6620|Columbus, OH
I am not sure if someone has mentioned it but it's an ass-scratcher. Combat pilots spend hours on the seat and of course their ass gets a little irrated so the military spent billions of dollars to develope the best, universal ass-scratcher which can scratch your ass at any angle.

Last edited by loubot (2007-07-04 22:05:32)

Donald O' Brien
+104|6746
I always thought it was for getting closer to the fire when roasting marshmallows, but I'm a retard.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6271|NSW, Australia

san4 wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

If I correct his spelling, will I get flamed again? 
P-I-T-O-T pronounced Pi-TOE
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6332|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

aj0405 wrote:

san4 wrote:

san4 wrote:

Dude, learn to spell. It's pilot, with an l.
I feel totally pwned here! How could I be so stoooooopid?

Where did you take a flight science course?
wikipedia.org i'm guessing.
No, ya assholes.

I took a summer course (CTY - Center for Talented Youth) back in 6th or 7th grade. That was the greatest summer class ever. Learned the formula used to derive the minimum surface area of a wing needed in order to lift a craft of a certain weight (clearly, I don't remember that anymore, though). I loved that summer, especially "Spongeball" (dodgeball with wet sponges).

A bit of advice: Taunt neither a 6'-6" black man nor an ex-minor league pitcher equipped with wet sponges, especially when you're only 10 years old. That damned mark stayed on my chest the whole 3 weeks I was there.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
taffy1979
+7|6659|u.k

Nappy wrote:

does this plane have a shimmy damper? it doesnt look like it, but its bolted down.

god i love that word
WTF is a shimmy dampener, i ask cos i am an aircraft technician.
deadlikeme667
+5|6212|MI
lol, after reading this thread i spent like four hours of my dya trying to find out f the F-35B had thrust vectoring (not for VTOL). i then when and spent some time rethinking my life. . .
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6829|Bulgaria

some_random_panda wrote:

It's a ram for use against Blackhawks (the designers didn't realise the blackhawks were friendly).
hahaha
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6763|Sydney, Australia

fitz8402 wrote:

Actually it is a piece of flight test equipment.  If the designers of the game would have done their homework they would have known it would not be on the production model.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

Here are some photos from the F-35A's unveiling ceremony. There is no probe thing. Again it seems that the folks at dice fucked up.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6588
It's for BBQ.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6355|Netherlands
For refueling in air?
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6345|The | Netherlands
It's a webcam, doh.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6695
It still doesn't let it beat John McClane.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6345|The | Netherlands
Real-time contact with Chuck Norris.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard