genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6696|Middle of nowhere
i'd get them... but meh

i might get EF for the new army, but you wont' see me getting AF
Enzzenmachine
+20|6364
EF is indeed horribly empty those last days (weeks?). Me thinks it's cause of current stats issue. I guess people rather like to play Karkand than Great Wall when stats aren't working. They think that anyway their precious time playing as EU won't be recorded, they're wrong though (according to EA anyway). EF needs to be played more ffs.
I wanna buy AF now although last time I checked its servers, that wasn't better than EF

Last edited by Enzzenmachine (2007-07-02 13:57:04)

cablecopulate
+449|6756|Massachusetts.
Actually there's a few very populated AF servers out there. EF, not so much.
agent146
+127|6405|Jesus Land aka Canada

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

killaer wrote:

Look damn it, 10 dollars! 10$!!! You cheap bastards can't pay 10 dollars for 2 boosters?
Nope.
nope
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6166|San Antonio, Texas
I'll buy this steal of a deal as soon as I get vanilla BF2 to work. I just love extra everything! You can count on that.
cospengle
+140|6505|Armidale, NSW, Australia

petermassingale wrote:

I don't have SF, EF of AF.
I may think about it when I get a PC which can play bf2 over 15-20 fps
Yeah, that was me. I bought SF before I got my new PC and it was unplayable. It's great on my new comp though. I was thinking about getting AF and EF, but I bought 2142 instead. Big mistake.
Chou
+737|6809
EA Link is working fine for me, I bought EF, AF & NS all from EA Link without a defect.
I agree the about the servers though..
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

Schwarzelungen wrote:

i did buy them...but EA link is a force to be reckoned with
it still wont let me activate them
That's a war I barely won... took me 3 months of bullshit to get EF to work off of EA link.

Then I reinstalled BF2 after doing my occasional maintanance clean wipes of my computer.   EF wouldn't have it.  Booster pack DVD was my only option.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6657|Montreal, Qc, Canada
SF is good

but dont by AF or EF
CloakedStarship
+76|6583
I enjoy AF, I can't say the same for EF though.  Great Wall is kind of enjoyable.  Taraba Quarry is a SU-34 Bombing map.. thats it.  Smoke Screen is just... unimpressive.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6457|King Of The Islands

There is 1 - count em, one - AF server in Australia.

'Waste of time and money'
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

CloakedStarship wrote:

I enjoy AF, I can't say the same for EF though.  Great Wall is kind of enjoyable.  Taraba Quarry is a SU-34 Bombing map.. thats it.  Smoke Screen is just... unimpressive.
Smoke screen can be fun if you're a tank pro.  I got a jet with a tank on that map.  That's a damn good feeling.  Taraba is always one sided, oneteam pwning the other, and the AA are always spotted leaving you in a suicide vehicle when the enemy jet dive bombs you into the stone age.  Great Wall is a fun map for snipers, if you're playing IO.

AF's Midnight Sun is a blast IMO, Road rage is kinda fun,  Harvast is just wierd, its unique enough to be pretty fun.

But, I'll take Sharqi and Dragon Valley over any EF or AF maps really...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6596|Columbus, OH
I hear ya Killa....I wish everyone had all of the maps. Man if there is only one time Pure-Pressure would bear down on someone, it would be making everyone getting all of the booster pacts cuz it's the coolest thing to do and total hard-core.
Anewgirl
+12|6171|Vermont U.S.A
I have AF/SF/EF & NS FOR 2142 
I like AF&EF , but I agree the servers are always empty.
SF just sux in my opinion , and 2142 is a good dust collector.
I think I have the most fun playing Mods now a days there free , and allot of fun if you can get used to non ranked play.
aj0405
+19|6179

cablecopulate wrote:

You must be insane. There's so much AA in Armored Fury it's not even funny. If the team is not utiziling it, then that's their fault.
QFT.
as long as you're not a dumbass and just floor it down the middle of the road in a Tunguska you can easily take out planes and choppers.use cover to your advantage and learn the flight patterns of pilots and cut them off.if you want to be a cheapass you could always just camp the end of the runway too.just make sure you're support if you're using AA because you will run out of missiles quickly.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6805|Bulgaria
I have both boosters and I love them!
pasafist
+1|6462
i bought AF and when i reinstalled windows last time i didn't bother installing it again, it was a joke trying to find a server with a decent ping. i also think they should have been free down loads, and EA should make them free now seeing as how they are probably not making any more money off
of them, they got my 10$ and i don't really think i got my 10$ worth out of the booster pack.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6501|P-way, NJ
I have the all, also. I just don't play AF and EF because it blends into the maplist.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

Booster packs are a dumb idea. First only a few people buy them which means few servers play the maps. This in turn means that people find less need to buy them because the likelyhood of actually playing the bought content is too small. This means that people who bought the packs find themselves in empty servers, which pisses them off so they don't buy any more booster packs, which exacerbates the issue with few servers/people playing booster pack maps.

For new content to be any good it NEEDS to be universal.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6805|Bulgaria

Ty wrote:

But the boosters are universal, in the sense that you can have a server map rotation with BF2 vanilla +EF+AF without any problems, while you can't inlude SF, you need a different server for SF.
mafropetee
+18|6162|Altamonte Springs, FL
i love most of the maps in AF and EF, but i do believe i wasted my $10 on maps that i can rarely ever play. my favorite is great wall. its great. WHEN PEOPLE ARE PLAYING ON IT.

SF, on the other hand, is AMAZING. i would recommend it to ANYONE who hasnt bought it yet. not only do you get some really cool maps and weapons and gadgets, but you also get TWO unlocks at each promotion instead of ONE. and, on top of that, once you register it and play one round of SF, you get all of your missed unlocks. like if you are a sergeant, without even being promoted, it will give you three unlocks right after you finish your first round of SF. also, it adds some new unlockable weapons that you couldnt get in the vanilla BF2. like the L96A1 sniper and the F2000 and the special forces SCAR (but you have to unlock the first weapon before you get it. like in order to unlock the L96A1, you have to first unlock the Barret. and to unlock the F2000, you have to first unlock the G3. and for the SCAR, the G36).

just thought i would explain that for anyone who didnt know.
Jay-Pro
+2|6161|LOST

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

killaer wrote:

Look damn it, 10 dollars! 10$!!! You cheap bastards can't pay 10 dollars for 2 boosters?
Nope.
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Ty wrote:

But the boosters are universal, in the sense that you can have a server map rotation with BF2 vanilla +EF+AF without any problems, while you can't inlude SF, you need a different server for SF.
They're not universal until everyone has them was what I was getting at. The booster packs may as well be in the same catagory as Special Forces.
If big public server hosts see things like the BF2 booster packs they know that not everyone will have them, so they will NOT incorporate them into the general server rotation and they will not create many servers with exclusive booster pack maps. Clans too for that matter, unless they are catering for their clan ONLY which is generally uncommon because clans like their servers to be full.
If a server provider sees that only a minority will buy the booster packs they will cater for a minority. It's a cyclical thing, servers won't be provided, so people won't buy booster packs, so servers won't be provided.

If the booster pack material was owned by all Battlefield players then it would work, since it costs and people chose not to spend money on it or couldn't due to the previously "EA Link exclusive" nature of it, (not all BF2 players owning credit cards,) and the fact that by the time they were brought out on CD, (can you believe it still costs $50 here in NZ,) the popularity and excitement of it had worn of. This meant even less people were occupying the few servers which also meant no-one bought the damn things because no one could be able to seriously play what they were paying for. It was simply a question of economics - the booster packs were not worth spending money on as one would ot get their moneys worth out of it. Someone people did and do think they got their moneys worth, and that's fine, but the majority will always expect more 'bang for their buck' so to speak.

Marketing at EA really fucked up. Someone should have told them that booster pack type tactics only work in the market place for collectors items such as cards or other addicting fads.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard