Des.Kmal
+917|6627|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

stryyker wrote:

this is why exactly?

Its the exact same as cigarettes in my opinion.

Its still smoke, it still gets in your lungs, its still addictive. It makes you boring, lazy, and a douchebag (personal experience)
its not fucking addictive!

lmfao.

are u serious stryyker?
k a chick from my school just got busted because she took a bag to France because she couldn't go without it for the 2 weeks she was guna be there for a trip.  The cops caught her.. she's now fucked.

Not addictive?  Fine -- it just makes you do really fucking stupid shit.
ok, that girl THOUGHT she couldnt go without it. she can. i waked and baked EVERYDAY of my freshman year dude, every fucking day. then my friend got some cocaine laced weed. so i quit. for a year. NO problems whatsoever.

now... its cool again, but i can quit anytime i want.

lol.... did mommy tell u it was addicting so ur sticking to it? when ALL facts point to no physical dependency.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
CommieChipmunk
+488|6578|Portland, OR, USA
She's not the brightest cookie in the batch..

but actually she was caught smoking it IN France.. she somehow got it through TSA
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6403|The Gem Saloon

CommieChipmunk wrote:

but actually she was caught smoking it IN France.. she somehow got it through TSA
wow, you have to be like super retarded for that.....to get it through TSA and then not be aware enough of your surroundings......she gives potheads a bad name.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

citricacidx wrote:

All of that just from the recreational use of marijuana. Now how about the industrial uses of the plant.

The timber industry would start to feel a decline due to the revitalization of hemp paper. It takes years to grow trees to their full potential for making paper. It takes roughly 120 days for a marijuana plant to be ready for cultivation, and an acre of marijuana plants can produce the equivalent of 4 acres of trees. The steel industry would also feel a decline because the oils extracted from marijuana plants can be cheaply processed into a plastic that is lighter than steel and 10 times stronger. The cotton industry would also be threatened because of the durability of hemp finders. Marijuana could be just as cheap as cotton to harvest with the completion of a machine that is the equivalent of the Cotton Gin. The oil indusry would also be at risk because oils can be processed into a biodiesel fuel that is more efficient and cleaner burning than the current fossil fuels.

The main thing keeping this from happening are those industries listed above. They spend good money every year to make sure that anti-marijuana legislation stays the way it is. If they took the money the would spend over the course of a few years, and put it towards converting some factories and processes, and embracing the usefulness of the hemp plant, they too could profit from its legalization.
I was waiting for this.  This isn't a social issue, its a $$$ issue.  Instead of energy companies embracing alternative fuels as a new source of income, they continue to do everything they can to sap existing supplies.  Instead of manufacturing/chemical companies embracing hemp as a faster, cheaper, more profitable alternative, they continue dumping money to maintain the status quo.
ReDevilJR
+106|6360
I personally don't smoke, I don't encourage it. However, it should be YOUR choice to smoke if you'd like to... As long as citizens aren't directly affected by it (ex, accidents drug-related... As well as it shouldn't be allowed to minors - like drinking/smoking age)

Just IMO though...

Edit: However, I also believe that if one is caught using/abusing alcohol, drugs, tobacco, their Welfare benefits should be reduced greatly until they can spend their money accordingly. (Unless they actually have a physical/mental disability that requires the use of it)

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2007-07-03 12:57:40)

buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6451|Stealth City, UK

citricacidx wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

But Hemp is legal. Whats your point?
Hemp is not legal every. But I'm saying that marijuana should be relegalized all around. It has medical, industrial, and recreational benefits.
Last time I checked Marijuana in its medical and industrial forms was legal?

The recreational part is a lot more shady. I personally think that each individual government needs to do extensive test on the psychological issues and the long term effects it has. If this report comes back with no negative impacts then fine, I'm all for it. But if there is a problem, even a small one then we should've by now learnt our lesson from cigarettes (the fact that it obviously kils you and the huge social and health costs) and keep it illegal.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Cocaine has a larger profit margin, let's sell that.
Clearly they are in the same catagory...all those stoners robbing houses to buy a lid...

Marijuana causes lazy people to be lazy.  Oh my god, what a thought!
People sell others alcohol and tobacco, why not? Put the ball of responsiblity into their court and see how it goes. What the hell do we care about others anyway if they chose to buy it?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Parker wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

wow, you have to be like super retarded for that.....to get it through TSA and then not be aware enough of your surroundings......she gives potheads a bad name.
My buddy was going to Mexico and "forgot" about a baggie in his car.  Who would have thought they would have drug dogs sniffing cars GOING INTO Tijuana?  He said the guy had to hold back the dog when he pulled up.  The US Customs guy was understanding about it and just threw it away.  Too bad more police aren't like that guy.
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6498
Thread full of ignorant posts and useless debates leading.... no where. Have fun wasting your life all day on the computer typing useless shit that solves no point.
ReDevilJR
+106|6360

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Parker wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

My buddy was going to Mexico and "forgot" about a baggie in his car.  Who would have thought they would have drug dogs sniffing cars GOING INTO Tijuana?  He said the guy had to hold back the dog when he pulled up.  The US Customs guy was understanding about it and just threw it away.  Too bad more police aren't like that guy.
It isn't up to them what they think should be legal or not, they should be enforcing the laws...

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2007-07-03 13:00:11)

Des.Kmal
lol, the people who dont smoke weed have a hard time finding a valid reason about marijuana being bad. its quite funny to be honest.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2007-07-03 13:00:41)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6671|USA

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

Thread full of ignorant posts and useless debates leading.... no where. Have fun wasting your life all day on the computer typing useless shit that solves no point.
Ill be the first to say, Go fuck yourself.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

Like your post then?
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6498
I'll be the only one to say, get a life.
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6513|Atlanta, GA
I think people forget that if it were legal, that doesn't mean everyone would be forced to use it. There would be people who don't use it, people who have tried it and don't like it so they don't use it, and people who use it.

But whichever group you are in, everyone should be able to make that choice for themself.

I guess it's ok for half a million people to die every year from tobacco and alcohol, but marijuana is bad because it doesn't kill people?

@ ~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~: This is in Debate and Serious talk. If you're not going to post something other than "You guys are teh lamez lol!1!! I'm cool" Then I don't think you should be in a Serious Talk Forum

Last edited by citricacidx (2007-07-03 13:04:32)

ReDevilJR
+106|6360

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

Us? We're just enjoying a friendly debate, and you? You're the one wasting your time.

The fact you're reading this shows it.

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2007-07-03 13:03:28)

Des.Kmal

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

says the 4 star who DOESNT smoke weed.

lol.

citricacidx wrote:

I think people forget that if it were legal, that doesn't mean everyone would be forced to use it. There would be people who don't use it, people who have tried it and don't like it so they don't use it, and people who use it.

But whichever group you are in, everyone should be able to make that choice for themself.

I guess it's ok for half a million people to die every year from tobacco and alcohol, but marijuana is bad because it doesn't kill people?
ftw

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2007-07-03 13:04:15)

buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

You play BF2 along with us......we all lost the right to say get a life a long time ago!

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-03 13:04:29)

jonsimon
+224|6504
Legalizing pot is a great idea, but it will never happen. Three very large lobbies won't let it happen. Big Pharma: If you can't patent it, it isn't allowed. Textiles/Farming: Hemp is softer and more durable than cotton. Tobacco: A substitute for tobacco with no ill side effects? Not gonna fly.

Together these three lobbies can dole out enough conflicts of interests that no politician on earth will legalize marijuana in the US.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6578|Portland, OR, USA

Des.Kmal wrote:

lol, the people who dont smoke weed have a hard time finding a valid reason about marijuana being bad. its quite funny to be honest.
... I've pretty clearly stated like a thousand times that the pot heads I know are douche bags who are going to go absolutely nowhere in life.  But yeah, inhaling any kind of smoke is probably going to help your lungs out a lot.  It makes perfect sense tbph
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

buLLet_t00th wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

When did I say rape or mugging? Do you even read previous posts?

If weed was legalised in the UK the place would come to a standstill, benefits would be blown completely and it would get completely out of hand. Holland and the UK are completely different in mind set, there are reasons why it isn't already legal here and I hope it stays that way.

We're always going to have different opinions, thats why its the debate section!
My point is you think all these terrible things are going to happen because of it. They aren't. Holland and the UK are not that different in mind set, other than that their government does not impose ridiculous legislation upon them. The majority of people I know in the UK (most of whom don't smoke weed) think that Holland has generally a much better way of dealing with social 'issues' such as drugs. You've probably never even been to Holland...
How do you know what I say wouldn't happen? From where I see it there's the same amount of chance of both options occuring. I just believe that one will happen, you belive the other will.

You contradict yourself. First you say the UK and Holland are not that different.....then you say Holland has generally a much better way of dealing with social 'issues' such as drugs. I think thats a difference. And that part is pretty much EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!
Not really. The government makes the law, not the people, sadly. The Dutch government are just better at making laws that make sense.
EDIT: What I believe will happen is based on examples from a perfectly normal country that manages fine, you're basing yours on paranoia, which ironically is a trait associated with potheads.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2007-07-03 13:08:28)

jonsimon
+224|6504

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

Telling others to "get a life" on an internet forum is one of those great ironies.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

jonsimon wrote:

Legalizing pot is a great idea, but it will never happen. Three very large lobbies won't let it happen. Big Pharma: If you can't patent it, it isn't allowed. Textiles/Farming: Hemp is softer and more durable than cotton. Tobacco: A substitute for tobacco with no ill side effects? Not gonna fly.

Together these three lobbies can dole out enough conflicts of interests that no politician on earth will legalize marijuana in the US.
Hemp is legal over here (as far as I know) and the cotton industry have no competition whatsoever, its expensive to produce remember.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

jonsimon wrote:

I thought Carter was on the verge on legalising it, but then he got linked to some coke scandal thing and had to appear to be really tough on drugs from that point on.

Could be wrong though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

"Wasting" life is pretty subjective isn't it?  I don't think anyone here has any belief that what we are debating is going to literally change laws.  It's all about the social interaction, the collective thinking, the exchange of ideas.

Nowhere is one word.  Your first sentence isn't a full sentence.  A 'point' is not something one solves. 

Who is ignorant now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard