unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Play in a server for 30 minutes.
You're winning. Your team has 200 tickets, and the other team has 20 tickets.
Suddenly, and without warning, you're freaking autoswitched to the losing team.

How is that supposed to make a player happy? I see more and more people resorting to leaving squads and creating one-man squads just to they can be an unswappable squad leader. How is that supposed to promote teamplay?

Whoever came up with the brilliant idea of putting autoswitch on BF2 can *#$&ing pucker up and kiss my hairy white ass.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-01-29 17:53:01)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
they should make it so only a lone wolf will get switched...
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

Kamikaze17 wrote:

But then the teams could be 30 - 2 as long as everyone was in a squad.

But they could make it so only a lonewolf can switch, but then if there are none it would go by the lowest amount of points.
Cathalibm
+0|6671
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......preaty much...I know what you mean.....
Wildbill100372
+1|6693
Unfortunately, autobalance is a necessary part of the game, but it should be adjusted so the player with the least amount of playing time in that round is the first to get switched.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6707|İstanbul,Türkiye
Auto balance is really necessary. Dunno why but people tend to get in usmc side (Including me, for me coz of ah-1z) without it teams are pretty much  like 20-12. Since im an admin no prob disabling AB for secs just for me to switch lol.
TheBeast2116
+0|6679
Yeah that happened to me the other night, was playing Karkand and we were about to win and then auto-switch and im on the team that loses with the best score on both sides.......
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Whiners who complain about it yet refuse to get into a squad.

That's the worse.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6836|Australia
no, i have been both commander and squad learder and been swapped.
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Unfortunately, autobalance is a necessary part of the game, but it should be adjusted so the player with the least amount of playing time in that round is the first to get switched.
Wouldn't work.

If a map has more than one round, and the server is full, then everyone would have the same playing time.
Wildbill100372
+1|6693

CrazeD wrote:

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Wouldn't work.

If a map has more than one round, and the server is full, then everyone would have the same playing time.
Well, time played would be the first requirement, then score.
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6715|Germany
If you don't like being switched, join a squd... I don't like the Lone Wolves either... In my starting times, I did that a lot. Did me no good (guess I should have read the manual first).

But you know what really is the worst thing? Playing Gulf of Oman being commander of MEC, having a good team that follows orders and requests arty, UAV and supplydrops at position when it is not yet there and the US have been reduced to the Spawnpoint on the carrier. The score is 145-20... and an admin decides, he want to join a full server and you are the one getting picked to be kicked.... No that's aggravating
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6759|The 70's

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Why? Switch lowest scores, least time on server, negative teamscores, why lonewolf. Explain.

This is the thing thats going to stop me playing..ive more or less given up now, it happens every game, just happened now , played all through 64player Surge, winning, other team 7 tickets left, get switched. I am seriously pissed off. Lame players lose and then QUIT...so others get stuck with their loss.

If anyone posts that I should  1. Join Squads, 2. Use Search or 3. Use a fucking dictionary, I am going to come round their house and shove my Thesauarus up their arse.

Good morning.

Last edited by broncobullfrog (2006-01-29 23:52:16)

CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

broncobullfrog wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Why? Switch lowest scores, least time on server, why lonewolf. Explain.
Because you should be in a squad to help your team to the fullest.. after all, it IS a teamgame.

If you're a lonewolf, chances are you'll just run around killing people, which sure that reduces the enemies tickets. But, you should be in a squad and help cap flags in an organized manner, which would help kill the enemy faster and more effeciently.
ninja6o4
+3|6730
OMG the other night I was playing and whooping major ass.   We were absolutely dominating the opposition and were about to win.  They had 1 ticket left.  We both aimed at each other.  I shot him up. Not before he fired his Eryx right up my nostril (another thing I hate, btw).

BAM switched.  And I killed the guy that ended the round, resulting in a loss for me.  I felt like FPS Doug getting head shot.
ComradeWho
+50|6703|Southern California
autobalance is a necessary and good part of the game.
i love autobalance
and if i'm the unlucky SOB that gets switched I just say "well this is fair" and keep playing cus 9 out of 10 times i don't get switched.
i don't think there's room for improvement.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6759|The 70's

CrazeD wrote:

broncobullfrog wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Why? Switch lowest scores, least time on server, why lonewolf. Explain.
Because you should be in a squad to help your team to the fullest.. after all, it IS a teamgame.

If you're a lonewolf, chances are you'll just run around killing people, which sure that reduces the enemies tickets. But, you should be in a squad and help cap flags in an organized manner, which would help kill the enemy faster and more effeciently.
Why do you assume that only by being in a squad can you help your team? Nonsense. My precise irritation with being switched late in a round is that the more you do to help your team, the more likely you are to be switched. if it really was a teamgame, the teams would be locked until the round ended.

Why assume that lonewolves dont cap flags. NONSENSE also. There is only one way to win, reduce the enemies tickets to zero. You do this by killing the enemy and capturing flags.

Last edited by broncobullfrog (2006-01-30 14:59:47)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6702|Howell, Mi USA
man i hear ya on that one i hate that stupid autoswitch bullshit. one time i was going shot for shot with another tank and i killed him and his last shot killed me. it comes up and says ive been switched to the other team then right after that i was punished for a team kill for the tank i just killed. it's the stupidest thing ive ever seen.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6717
Yesterday I was commander and I was about to win the round (was like 150/20 tickets).... then I got switched... then I said "the fuck? i was commander and got switched".... and duh duh duh got auto kicked for saying fuck. yays

Last edited by TehMyke (2006-01-30 06:28:15)

» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6670|USA
Whenever I get switched, I join the squad of the person I was owning the most. Thats always fun. How about Jet pilots. Auto switch them for thinking flying around the map and dropping bombs is a skill. Any C*** with a joystick can accomplish 100 point game in a jet.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760
Autobalance should do its work in the beginning of the game and then just lock teams. Like during 1st min teams should be balanced and locked. So many times I was helping my team to win and when the score is about 70-10 I'm forced into the opposite team...That sux. And mostly because of that I'm always trying to be a squadleader or create locked squads. But I want some teamwork. Autobalace is ruining it. Looks like this balance is balancing me only lol. Sounds weird but if I'm not a squadleader 7 out of 10 times I'm forced to the other side.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-01-30 12:33:47)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

I don't think AB should switch anyone once the remaining tickets hit a certain point, even if people do leave the team.  Let the round end and the teams can evened at the beginning of the next round.  I also don't think team switching should be allowed after the first 1 or 2 minutes of the game.  After that, only AB can move a player.  This would prevent retards from switching teams at the end of a round to get a win they certainly didn't earn.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6817|Marathon, Florida Keys

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

autobalance is ghey but Im always squad leader or commander so i never get switched.
same
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6715|Germany

broncobullfrog wrote:

If anyone posts that I should  1. Join Squads, 2. Use Search or 3. Use a fucking dictionary, I am going to come round their house and shove my Thesauarus up their arse.

Good morning.
Stop talking dirty, you are making me horny

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard